XS Direct / auto insurance

1 1 Marrion Place Dublin Ireland, United Kingdom Review updated:

I bought a policy on January 20. Cancelled in April. Shockingly, XS charges a cancellation fee of 470 gbp. To me this is an unconscionable charge. They view it that even though I am selling my car, they can treat it as some kind of short term spot cover and recharge what they feel like. In other words, I pay basically an additional 3 months of an already expensive policy because they can reset the terms. This is sad that this is allowed to happen at all. XS sells insurance through sites like NCI online and Be Wiser. So be wiser and do your best to avoid this tripe.

• Hatib fatty-schmidt's Response, Mar 27, 2018

Hi am looking forward for quick respond and many thanks

• Hatib fatty-schmidt's Response, Mar 27, 2018

I Hatib Fatty-Schmidt am here to to make a formal complain for the second time .i do not agree with your decision as I pay a lot to repair my car and am not happy with x-direct the way my case card is handled.

Cl
Apr 11, 2016

Comments

• Ah
      1st of Aug, 2017

Very appalling, the insurer tries to gain business with introducing low cost insurance, makes every excuse to not pay out. They clone vehicle number plates to claim monies off their clients and also the insurer makes fake claims that did not exist. They cancel the policy and demand a £19, 000 debt for a £5k car. I repeat don't trust anyone associated with XS Direct! Avoid.

• Ms
      31st of Jan, 2018

I can barely express what I think about this company and how bad they are. They operate under authorized theft by finding a loophole in the law that enables them to charge thousands of pounds in excess to their clients, resulting from any claims. Usually you do not have to pay the excess unless you have had work done to your own vehicle. But they have found a way around this. Google them, you will soon find out how they operate. The misery and stress they are causing to many people, often young people, forcing them into horrendous debt, and I am talking thousands of pounds, is absolutely immoral. And this on top of already high premiums. They deserve a massive come-uppance for the evil way in which they run their business. Just evil, that's all I can say. To see the anguish, desperation and stress caused by what they do is worrying. They may well be responsible for people going into severe depression and worse. I have witnessed this in my own family. Maybe we should make our complaints to somewhere like moneysavingexpert.com - perhaps then someone will take the issue up with the authorities governing such corrupt companies. Avoid, Avoid, Avoid.

• Ha
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Xsdirect - I spent 2075£ to fix my car after a crash
    United Kingdom

Claim :1810656.I Hatib Fatty-Schmidt am here to to make a formal complain for the second time .i do not agree with your decision as I pay a lot to repair my car and am not happy with x-direct the way my case card is handle: my number is 07944096088. Thanks. The company number 03333443014

• Sc
      29th of Aug, 2018
    XS Direct Insurance Brokers - Subject excess request
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

a few days ago I made the total payment of my excess amount of £ 1234.64 and I want to receive all the documentation in detail of the entire result and amounts paid to the person who made the claim and mine for the total amount of £ 4, 255, claim reference is: 1813626, plate number: KU09VZJ, I hope an answer soon, thank you.

• Ka
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    XS Direct Insurance Brokers - Scammers
    England, Greater London
    xsdirect.co.uk

I was informed that they just cover the windscreen and not the glass on doors. These guys are misleading and cheating insurers. I am surely skipping glass cover next time and ensuring that don't deal with such scammers.

Also the customer service is pathetic.

• Au
      11th of Dec, 2018
    XS Direct Insurance Brokers - Claims department
    United Kingdom

Had a accident not my fault, my own insurance tried to get me to admit liabilty, my case handler was never available to take my call, keep telling me the same thing, want me to interact with 3rd party insurance. Never again will i get insurance of xs direct.

13th of Dec, 2018
    XS Direct Insurance Brokers - Access cover
    Arkansas

What ever I knows when I make a claim for the damage of my own car then I have to pay the access fees but the third party making a claim the insurance company ask me to pay £3000 access cover what the bell is going on

18th of Feb, 2019

@Sudam Have you paid £3000

26th of Feb, 2019
    XS Direct Insurance Brokers - Car insurance
    United Kingdom

This is totally a fraud all of them are Irish no even sense to talk with people...don't go for this company at all they are thief trying to put you in financial problems