Xpress Redi Set Go / Overcharge for stuff not ordered

Xpress Redi Set Go
We saw the Xpress Cooker advertised on TV, and decided it'd be good to get the kids one for fun. Went to their website http://www.redisetgo.com and of course the only thing mentioned was the cooker. We ordered one. But what we didn't know at the time was somehow they added this Recipe Club thing to our order, for an additional $9.95 plus several more dollars for shipping! And wait, there's MORE! It's a Club. So they will send even more such useless recipes every two months for MORE MONEY! And if you think this is bad enough, no, WAIT, there's more! If you want to return this thing you didn't order, you still have to pay them shipping! And you have to pay to ship it back!

It's an absolute SCAM. I am simply shocked that Gaiam is related to this outrage.

Xpress Redi Set Go

N  3rd of Aug, 2009 by
I just ordered one and noticed that, while they have a lot of "add-ons" for which there is an additional charge, on each page there is a "No Thanks" button. I just clicked through all of them and ordered the basic cooker only. The one complaint that I do have is the outrageous $16.95 shipping and handling. That's almost half the cost of the cooker itself (2 payments of $19.95 each).
A  6th of Aug, 2009 by
I ordered it for my sister for her birthday, was frustrated that I didn't have the option to have a separate shipping and billing addresses. So, I decided to phone in my order, so I could talk to a person, and get it shipped to her instead of me...which would put an additional shipping cost on it for me, in addition to that outrageous shipping expense they require. I thought it was quite high also. Well, just got an automated ordering system, that also, did not give me any option to have it shipped to a different address from the billing address...So, I immediately sent an email to their customer service, explaining what I had ordered and what I wanted them to do with shipping it . Heard back a couple days later...my order wasn't in their customer service database...check back in 24-48 hrs...So sent another email this evening (ordered 8/2; now sending 2nd email 8/5...hasn't been charged to my credit card yet. I also, told them in my first email, that I found it offensive to have 3-4 offers to add on to my order after I had placed my order; I couldn't finish the transaction until I listened through all of it, no opt out, and they kept repeating are you sure? after I declined each one; it was extremely annoying. Hopefully the item will get shipped to my sister...she has one of the previous cooking thing and mentioned that she would really like to get this one, but she can't afford it. She really likes the one she has, and this looks even that much better...I'll update you as I find out more. I don't usually buy stuff off TV or these kind of offers...
A  13th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I orderd one of the Xpress Redi Set Go, A few days
later I received an email that the order number
was changed, then another, and onother, then
another. Then i recived two but only order one.
Customer service would not respond to my calls or
emails. When I shiped it back cost it cost me $41.35
for there error. I would never order from this company again. I will be contacting the Colorado
Attorney General seaking a refund of the $41.35.
After all I lucky I did not receive 4 of them based on
the number of times they changed my order number.

Order at your onw risk.
A  19th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i just love mine, but agree with the postings about ordering by phone and the enormous s& h charges. its too bad, because i would love to give these cookers as gifts to my friends and my kids and the charges are prohibitive. Kathy Mitchell, i hope you are taking note of these comments and can advocate for the consumers, like me, who love you and the RediSetGo! Polly in California
A  23rd of Aug, 2009 by
N  24th of Aug, 2009 by
I ordered one on 6/22/09 and never received it. Emailed them numerous times "responding" to their email and never got a response. Finally I called and was told that they sent an email to an email address that was not even mine to tell me that my order could not be processed due to my credit card. That was a lie. My Debit Card was charged -- so I called my bank and got it cancelled.

Decided to try again and re-ordered on 7/20/09. Was sent a confirmation email that my order was processed and I would received an email with the shipping info...yes, this is now 8/24/09 and still no product. My credit card has been charged and I still have no product. I emailed them and asked and now they tell me they don't have enough product in stock to meet the demand...

I think this is what they do -- they charge the outrageous shipping price for "expedited shipping" but they don't ship the product immediately -- that is false advertisement.

I, too, will be filing a complaint to whoever will listen that this is ridiculus. If you can run umpteen ads every night but can't meet the order and the promises that you make with the order -- that is false advertisement and the ads should be pulled.
A  2nd of Sep, 2009 by
I ordered this product on Aug. 24th, i was VERY ANNOYED at the time i had to set on the phone & listen to the advertising for other products, with no way to order until i listened to ALL of them, after i said no i was not interested they ask, are you sure, THIS IS REDICULIOUS!! I was FINALLY able to place my order, which was supposed to be express shipping. It is now Sept. 2nd, & i have not received it so i called the complaint number. I could not hardly understand the lady because of a strong accent, she kept saying she needed my card # again so she could update my information, i just gave it to them last week, it doesn't need updated, Finally she answered the question i kept asking on if it has been shipped out yet & she said it has not. If this is their EXPRESS SHIPPING i'd hate to see their regular time schedule!! I am VERY UPSET & DISSATISFIED with this company. Not only did i WASTE ALOT OF MY TIME SETTING ON THE PHONE LISTENING TO ADVERTISEMENTS, but i also spent time looking for the product i ordered to be delivered, not knowing that IT DIDN'T EVEN LEAVE THE WAREHOUSE YET! I would NEVER RECOMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE just because of all the hassle i had to go through! I agree that this is FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!
N  4th of Sep, 2009 by
I am in the same situation as the first poster. I also got hit with all of these charges, including a $6.95 for the recipe exchange club. When I ordered, a screen popped up asking about being a part of the recipe exchange, but there was no information about a cost associated with it...and I looked very closely because I was a bit leery. I received the additional recipe books, but that was part of the promo, yet they still charged $14.90 onto my order and signed me up for it. Unbelievable!! And at no point during the order process did they ever seek authorization or approval for these charges. When I received confirmation of my order, there is absolutely no detail included to show you what you ordered and what you are being charged for. Be VERY, VERY careful when you order the machine. They will try to rip you off. I am waiting to see if they will give me the full refund of those "club" charges or if I have to dispute them with my cc company.
N  7th of Sep, 2009 by
I just placed an order for the Redi Set go and agree that the shipping and advertisements are ridiculous! I normally read the reviews BEFORE placing the order, but I guess amid all of the excitement, I didn't. I am now regretting my decision. I really hope that I don't have this trouble, but after ready you guys' reviews, I'm almost certain I will. Bummer...
N  10th of Sep, 2009 by
I am a customer from Canada, and had the worst online shopping experience ever in my life. This company is absolutle a scam. I ordered onlne the cooking machine, and expect to spent 2x$19.95, but when I received the bill, I am shocked to found that I was charged to my credit card $130 canadian dollars with many thing I ever ordered, AND duplicated canadian/us dollar exchange rate. I complained to them and they answered anything shipped out will noe be refundable. As a US company, this company is sbsolutely a hame to US business. I will never buying any thing in future from TV ads in US.
N  11th of Sep, 2009 by
What a scam !!! Ordered and printed out order confirmation with all the charges - which were bad enough! Found a charge on my checking account for much more than was stated on my receipt. Called customer service ans was told that I was mistaken and that the charge stands. That charge is almost double the amount I expected.
NEVER AGAIN!! From now on I will NEVER order items advertised on TV - I will deal with reputable stores that I trust, they are accessable online, also.
The customer service rep. was rude and told me that if I was dissatisfied to return it - sure and incur MORE charges with shipping.
A letter to Andy Cuomo, Attourney General, is in order here ... and a call to the Better Business Bureau.
N  19th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I was in the midst of ordering four of these "cookers" last week when my computer suddenly shut down on me. After reading these comments, all of which are extremely helpful, I feel like the incident with my computer dying in mid-order was an omen! I have been through a lot of similar problems when ordering from other companies both on-line and via phone, but I don't think I have ever experienced anything to the degree of most of the complaints in these letters. Usually, customer service people are nice...if you approach them without an attitude. Furthermore, unless it is specified in writing somewhere in their online ordering text that no refunds are allowed, those of you who were declined a return on your money, not only have the right to a full refund, but depending on the complexity, time frame, and general hassle this company puts you through...you might also have the right to a small claims lawsuit for 2 to 5 times the amount of your refund. Whatever you decide to do, for the sake of all future customers, I urge you to make as much noise as possible if you think you are wronged by this company. Call the Better Business Bureau and be sure to complete all the necessary steps to have GT Direct written up for any wrongful advertising, rudeness, or refund refusals not mentioned in their sales disclosure. Also call your local TV station and ask them to run a community service warning against the ineptness of this company. Call or write to your congressman, the attorney general and anyone else in your local community who has the power to enact legislation against questionable sales practices.

I, too, find that the $16.95 shipping and handling fee is absurd, but unfortunately not illegal. Their ad claims that if you call within the next 8 minutes they will upgrade you to free express mailing! Ha! Ha! Sounds to me like you are paying for overnight express anyway, despite the fact that you don't receive the product for days or months in some cases apparently. Furthermore, it doesn't matter whether you call within 8 minutes or 8 days, their mailing procedures are the same for everyone at any time. This is an old advertising gimmick to give the presumably "ignorant consumer" (yes, that would be us, you and me) the false pride of getting something "extra" for nothing. Yet, you are really paying for it anyway. It also sparks people to do a lot more impulsive buying. They don't want you to sit around and think about whether or not it's a good deal or whether you really need it. They likewise do not want you to run down to Walgreens where soon enough (if not already) it will be available at the same price without the outrageous, obscene $16.95 shipping and handling charges, as they make quite a bit of money off those charges alone.

I really wanted this product. Yet, after reading the complaints, I think I will wait for it to come to my local Walgreens, as I am simply not in the mood for a bunch of hassles. I was going to order by phone, but I can't stand the recorded ordering mode. Furthermore, I have cancer of the throat and the recorded phone messages never understand me anyway. God knows what I would end up with after reading some of your stories!

For anyone reading this, please note that I am not commenting on the product, as I have a feeling that it is probably a wonderful cooking utensil. Yet, I do have issues with the way it is advertised. I noticed after watching the ad more than twice that they never mention how much the shipping and handling fee is. In fact, it was left out online, as well - at least up to the point where I got when ordering last week before my computer broke down. I've never heard of such an obscenity! $16.95 is beyond ridiculous and is the main reason I am not going to order the four I was going to order. Furthermore, it appears that if you order online, they charge you for the recipes and the extra pan, which were offered for "FREE" in the ad. My advice to anyone who might be contemplating ordering the Redi 101 would be to preface your order whether it be online or by phone, with an e-mail to customer service addressing any questions you might have. Their response will essentially be your "written contract" that ensures that everything will go smoothly and that you will not be charged for items not ordered or that are purported to be free according to their TV advertisement. Hopefully, they have made all of their employees read your complaints. And if they are, in fact, a reputable company, then by now, they should have ironed out some of these problems that seem to have plagued them in the beginning.

For all of our sakes, I hope that we all enjoy an easy, no-hassles, polite sales transaction with GT Direct, and that we are correctly charged for our order. A pleasant initial transaction certainly makes for a happier customer. Thus, with that in mind, I hope you all enjoy your Xpress, Redi, Set, GO for a long time. It does look like a healthy, economical way to cook. And take it from someone who is still fighting a 7 year battle with cancer: HEALTH IS EVERYTHING! I do believe that the Reddi 101 offers one the opportunity to create a wide array of fabulously tasty, healthful meals. Bon Appetit!
N  23rd of Sep, 2009 by

A  28th of Sep, 2009 by
As a single man looking for easy, healthy ways to eat, I was impressed by the TV commercial. I was ready to place an order but, as usual, did an web search for complaints. I was surprised to see so many recent complaints, most of which sounded reasonable. They were all about deceptive business practices, not about the product itself.

It is very unwise for this vendor to have what appears to be an excellent product but then to ruin its reputation by cheating its customers.

I am not giving up on this yet and hope to hear some comments from satisfied customers, or waiting for it to appear in Walgreen's "As Advertized on TV" section"

john a
N  1st of Oct, 2009 by
When I ordered my Redi-Set Xpress I also joined the two clubs - the recipes and the pans. Charges for these two clubs appeared on my credit card and so I anxiously awaited the shipments. They never arrived. I called and told them about this and at the same time cancelled my membership into both clubs. I then get the credits for this on my credit card but not for the full amount. When I called again they said that shipping and handling is a non refundable fee. I blew a gasket. Why am I paying shipping on something I never got. I told them that was their problem - not mine. I am getting additional credit for the shipping fees. I will anxiously await the additional credits. I have only used the machine once and was not very impressed.
A  1st of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Received my product last nite and I was also ripped off ... I ordered the machine and a part was missing... is the divider supposed to be included in the box ?? The charges were upgraded without my approval. I am very upset about the whole situation. Will never ever again order a product on TV as well... I guess after reading all these comments, I will not even bother calling customer service. What a deception, I haven't tried the product yet, but I hope it's success will compensate a bit from being ripped off.
A  10th of Oct, 2009 by
I called in my order and was treated to their phone evasion system and voice automated ordering system. I said no to every "extra" offer they presented to me. Next thing I know I am being charged 147.00 for something i ordered that should have been 56.00. My wife called and got the runaround from some rude and probably overpaid customer service rep in the Philipines and was told there was nothing they could do. I called when I got home from work and got the same rude overpaid customer service rep in the Philippines. Unfortunately for her I am not as nice as my wife. After saying quite loudly the term "bait and switch" and spelling the words LEGAL ACTION several times, they canceled the first order and finally sent the package that I ordered. It is a great cooking utensil. It works as advertised. It is sad that the company that sells this product is the most non-customer service oriented company I have ever dealt with. I will not order another product from them ever.
N  11th of Oct, 2009 by
I have called GAIAM and informed your company I do not wish to receive any more shipment of differnt products from your company. I still keep receiving packages even inspite of my call. I am getting feed up with me returning this unwanted merchandise. Since my phone message has not resolved this problem I though perhaps an e-mail might make my message clearer to you. Please respond as to why this keeps happening to me. Being charged a return shipping fee when I have asked not to receive anything else from GAIAM is really a rip off. Mary Faye Widdowson 390 State Park Road New Alexandria, Pa 15670 Account number I belive is 0075938324
A  18th of Oct, 2009 by
I hate this company. I purchased 2 of these for my two sons in college. The product NEVER came and I was billed $294 dollars! OUTRAGEOUS!

NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy from this company.

I called customer service rep and she said there was nothing they could do?

How can it be that there is nothing they could do? It is their company, and the product is also their product. I purchased two, they took my money, and I have not received ANYTHING!

N  24th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
After reading all of these comments I won't be ordering this product. I have ordered from QVC on tv and everything was up-front and delivered immediately. I wanted this product but don't want to go through all of the misery everyone has experienced. Too bad, I really wanted this one.