Xpress Movers / Bad business practice

1 49 Burnap strWilmington, MA, United States Review updated:

My name is Svilen Nikolov and was hired by Xpress Movers on October 1st, as moving consultant.

From the beginning was bright. Little pay, which later suppose to grow from $350 weekly to may be $500, percent of every sell - %7 instate and %5 for long distance moving. Six days a week from 9.00AM to 6.00PM. Sometimes I might be helping in some moving. Pay day � every two weeks.

The reality;

From October 1st till January 10th (the day I left) I had no contract yet. I was working more than three months without contract or any other paper document.

The payments weren�t every two weeks. I was asking my employer all the time that the pay date had past and before Christmas I had gather a month with no checks at all (2x$350). Than I just said that I want my money and the employer told me that I might miss only one payment (for two weeks, not two payments-for a month).

From October 1st till January 10th I have at least ten closed moving deals (in and out of state). I received no payment from the employer of promised %5 or %7.

In the end I started working moving more than ones a week (not at the office).

From November till January 10th I have more than six mover jobs which I never get paid.

I can prove that I use to work in this company by the personal checks I received from the employer, from his sister which worked with me at the office, from the two movers I used to work lately, from my e-mails to customers.

I would like someone to answer me how exactly legal can be this business, this actions from my employer and this way of treating?

Sv

Comments

12th of Mar, 2009

You are not the only one that did not get paid by the same company. Did you check their insurance they don't have any so they can't operate. You should not start work with out filling W-2 form. I think that should have been the signal for you.

24th of Mar, 2009

Claim everything to Better Business Bureau and local Government Labor Department or call employment attorney!