Xoom.com / Fraud

1 Hayward, CA, United States Review updated:

I've been sending money to my family in the Philippines through Xoom.com for two years now.I trusted them because they said their website is hack free and secured.Come Aug 24, I received an email stating thati have sent $2500 to somebody in Australia and was debited through my checking account. I was so devastated because this is a hard-earned money! I have never sent my very own family this big amount of a money and here comes a stranger, getting that much of money from me just like that!
I have been hacked! Dont trust this company anymore, even though they are claiming that they are safe and that they put all the measures to keep all profiles confidential.My attention could have been called when they have noticed that it is kinda odd that Ive been sending money through them to the Philippines, not to Australia!Plus if it was that amount, they could have called me first to confirm.
I called them and filed a complaint and up to this day, Ive been thrown from one person to another.They said they cannot promise that I would be able to get my money back because it seemed like I authorized the transaction.Of course! I t would like I did because I was hacked!
Dont use this company anymore.Poor service.Poor follow up!Plus, it is definitely not safe!
Not unless you want to get the hassle of somebody being able to get into your account.

Comments

• Fi
      21st of Oct, 2009

Other than the required maintaining balance of 30USD, I never leave my debit card with any single cent. I deposit only enough money to my Debit card when I am remitting money online like through xoom or when buying online airticket.

• Vl
      19th of Aug, 2010

This is a boundle of crap thieves

• Vl
      19th of Aug, 2010

Cual es la entidad guvernamental que regula esta compania???? alquien ayudeme. Son unos abusivos y ladrones. Los empleados estan amedrentados por las politicas de la compania y solo repiten como robots, no tiene caracter ni personalidad estan totalmente enajenados. Xoom es una estafa. es un fraude. Pare de Sufrir no mande dinero por aqui.

• So
      13th of May, 2014

BEWARE of xoom.com. There's a huge racket monitoring xoom.xom and ready to steal your money.
    One fine Sunday evening, I started getting several emails from xoom.com. Its been more than 6 months I have used it, so was surprised. Then I saw an email 'Transaction is Successful'. Upon checking further details, figured out that 4 transactions of $2.5 each was made from my account! One of them was successful and rest got cancelled. Most horrible part is recipient name! It was on my name only and was sent at a bank and country I have never been. On calling xoom, their customer service told me to send an affidavit form filled and they will look into it! Till date, haven't received any response from them. Also since it happened later in the evening, my US Bank was closed. Had to spend a sleepless night and only on Monday morning was able to stop the transaction by calling US Bank. Thank GOD!!
    I have suspended my xoom.com account now as I don't want to loose my money in 4hrs - that's what they advertise, ISN'T IT!!

• Lc
      10th of Sep, 2014

This is the reason why I stop sending money through Xoom.com, twice that they stole money from my bank account. Good enough that my bank credited the money to my account and that's the end of it that I don't trust anymore this company. I don't mind going to any express padala and paying $10.00 per transaction, at least I can sleep better that the money I sent was received without any problem at all.