Xoom Money TransferFalse Promising and False Claims

I was using western union and i came to know about xoom and thought of using it and when i sent $1000 to india it said send money to india for Instant Pickup and i hapily feeded all the information needed into the form and sent money online to india, then i received the message saying the payment is under process and will take atleast 4 days to get clear what the ### is this, Now i call up customer care and i speak with Marissa Domingo and i guess this lady was in Philipines in their customer care center and she says it will take 4 days to get the transaction procesed and when i asked her to stop the transaction then she says refund takes 8 - 10 days what is ### is going on with this companySee the Top 10 Worst Companies in Elmhurst, NY.I want to sue them for false claims and promises please help and guide and i believe these companies should be taught a good lesson.

Mu

Comments

• Ro
      May 13, 2008

I agree.
    They stole my money as well.
    Xoom is a SCAM, after they steal your money they just don't give a ### about your, they won't reply your e-mails, they will just ignore.

Bunch of ###s

• La
      Dec 21, 2008

Xoom burned me also. For a list of complaints check out this thread.

• Pa
      Aug 13, 2009

I agree, same here. Xoom should be closed and taken out of business. They have done a similar thing twice to me. I'm very upset about them. Western Union is much better and more responsive...

• He
      Mar 20, 2010

Same thing here. I sent money to my family in Philippines last March 15, 2010. I used to send them like every month until the last transactions wasn't sucessful and they said i have to wait 3-4 days to get the money. I cancelled the transaction right away coz i don't want them to steal my money. Okay, and they sent me another confirmation:We write to confirm you have canceled your Xoom money transfer with the Xoom tracking number X061-----.Your bank account will not be charged for this transaction.
    I checked my bank the next day and they took the amount money that i supposed to send and they charged me for another returned fee of 29 dollors? Man..what should i do? They didn't even answered the phone? It was just a lesson learn for me. Never use the xoom again coz there's a lot of inside job out there!!!

• Re
      May 11, 2010

Simply do not use xoom. We have lost $504.99 ($500 + their fee) this past month and I don't think there's anything I can do about it. We need to send a check from the US to Canada every month and if it worked, this would have been very handy. However, after 2 weeks and many frustrated phone calls, they tell us that our bank has received the funds and I need to take it up with them. Obviously, the bank disagrees. And since I know that the money isn't there, I think Xoom is misleading me. The money left my US account within moments of the transaction and at this point I think I have to let it go.

I did have one xoom agent confirm that the account information is correct, so its not a transpositional problem with the data - they're just *keeping my money because they can*!

We had agents tell us we were lying, agents hang up on us and agents who clearly did not have any understanding of the English language, except for being able to read a few scripts off a screen.

There's no reason to use this "service". I'm certain that xoom will go down in dot-com history as an enormous scam.

Avoid xoom! Don't use xoom! Xoom will steal your money!

• Sm