Xoom Corporation / False advertisement

1 301 Brannan Street 5th FloorSan Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 415-777-4800

To make the story short, I sent money to the Philippines ($2, 000) plus $60 charge on May 12, 2008. The money did not get there as advertised, their reason, technical problem and could not locate the tracking number and could not get hold of the specialist. I canceled my transaction on May 23, 2008 and asked for a refund and I was promised to have the money back within ten working days, as of this time, the money is nowhere to be found. I called numerous times, sent e-mails, faxed and sent letters but still to no avail. XOOMA (PRONOUNCED AS ZUMA) YOU ARE THE ANACONDA! THE DUMBEST WAY TO SEND MONEY! WESTERN UNION- KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Comments

• Cd
      31st of Dec, 2008

IT SAY IN THERE WEBSITE IT TAKES ONLY 1HR SO WHAT THIS MEAN FOR...THE MONEY ARE ALREADY OUT IN MY ACCOUNT AND STILL NOT IN MY GRANDMA HANDS

Jan 01, 2009 12:12:03 PMDelivery in Progress
    Dec 29, 2008 10:28:42 PMTransfer in Progress
    Dec 29, 2008 10:18:00 PMPayment Verified
    Dec 22, 2008 03:36:46 AMPayment Processing
    Dec 20, 2008 12:45:57 PMXoom Processing THIS HOW LONG YOU TAKE YOUR MONEY TO GET SENT IT PHILIPPINES USING XOOM I THOUGHT IT WILL BE FASTER BUT I BEEN CALLING WHOEVER THEY HAD THOSE CRAZY NUMBER SOME OF ITS JUST PERSON DNT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH OR JUST SAYING YES MAM UR LINE IS BREAKING UP PLS CALL LATER AGAIN...MY FAMILY NEED THOSE MONEY SO BAD FOR MY BLIND GRANDMA TO BUY MEDICINE..BUT I DNT THINK IT WILL GET THERE FAST...HEY DO UR JOB

• Je
      14th of Oct, 2010

Xoom has been canceling peoples account for no reason for months now. Out f the blue they claim a terms violation and cancel the account. Then when you ask about the violation, they explain to you they don't have to give you the reason and that their termination is permanent:

We write to inform you that, after careful review, we have disabled your Xoom account for violations of the Xoom User Agreement, effective immediately. This decision cannot be appealed, and our customer service team will not be able to discuss the matter with you beyond restating the above. Nonetheless, if you feel compelled to contact Xoom regarding this decision, you may send an email to us at account-compliance@xoom.com.

Very truly yours,

The Xoom Compliance Team

I contacted the BBB about them since they put their logo on the Xoom website. Still they danced around it:

As stated in our previous communication, your Xoom account has been disabled for violations of the Xoom User Agreement. This decision cannot be appealed, and our customer service team is unable to discuss the matter with you. The decision is based on Xoom’s proprietary compliance and anti-fraud policies and procedures, which are mandated by the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA Patriot Act, and other applicable U.S. laws and regulations. Pursuant to the Xoom User Agreement, we have the right to modify or discontinue your use of the Xoom service at any time, and we are under no obligation to share the reasons for our decision with you. Accordingly, no additional information will be provided.

Sincerely,
    Xoom Customer Service Team

How is it that MY OWN ACCOUNT is now a secret. That they claim banking laws and won't even tell me about my own account?

It boils down to this: low dollar accounts that send $100 to $300 at a time don't make them the money in fees that they want. So they been cutting them loose.

• Mo
      5th of Nov, 2010

On 11/5/10 Xoom Corporation has taken $189.99 out of my bank account for no reason. I do not have an account with them and they cannot explain how this happened. I have been waiting for an avidavit to sign that I did not make this transaction. Every time I call to check on where it is I get a bad connection and can't seem to hear anyone. This company is a scam and do not use.