I am the founder and CEO of Xojo, Inc. I came across this website while looking for issues with an artificial grass product and was just curious if anyone had ever complained about Xojo. First, let me say that I'm sorry this person had such a bad experience. We have thousands of users who use Xojo every day and are having very good experiences but no product is right for everyone. Let me address the complaint above:
1. "XOJO hired a slick ROI marketing company to create their slick demos and websites "
No, we did not. All of our marketing is done in-house. We create all of our demos in house as well. Our website is not created with Xojo but Xojo is not meant for creating websites so that shouldn't surprise anyone. Xojo is an application development tool for creating apps for the desktop, the web and iOS. Our webstore is not a Xojo web app because it existed long before we added that capability and as much as we want to rewrite it in Xojo, that takes time and we have many other things we wish to do first. It will happen some day. However, we did create a nice example app you can try out yourself at http://www.eddieselectronics.com. They example project is available when you download Xojo at xojo.com as well.
2. "Their site is designed to lure unsuspecting people like me to buy their bug ridden XOJO software." - No software is bug-free. However, Xojo is free to use so you can create your software before you ever pay us a dime. When you reach the point where you want to build stand alone apps you can give to others, that's when you purchase a license. By then, you'd certainly know if there were any issues. I'm not suggesting people don't run into bugs. That happens with every tool. Even the operating systems themselves have bugs. However, we try our best to be diligent and address issues as quickly as we can. I think our release notes with each version reflect our dedication to quality. If you need more evidence, take a look at the case studies we have done on a wide variety of solutions our users have created in Xojo: http://www.xojo.com/community/casestudies/index.php
4. "Hackers even took down XOJO's own website a few times (along with all their customer's financial information like credit cards)." - A few years ago, our website was indeed hacked via a security hole in a popular piece of open source software. However, we do not keep ANY data that is considered sensitive so the hacker, if he did in fact take any data, got nothing of use. We don't store and have NEVER stored customer credit card data in our database or on our web server.
6. "When coding and debugging in XOJO ide a whole lot of things that should work simply dont and if you contact XOJO about it they will simply deny the bug exist or say we are aware that we have some bugs that needs to be fix and then a few years later guess what, its still not fixed. If you want to waste your valuable development time then use XOJO. We stopped using XOJO all together and found a much better product called Foo Basic. "
Anyone visiting our support forum (http://forum.xojo.com) will see that we have thousands of users who productively use Xojo every day. Having said that, the best way to evaluate any product is to try it yourself. We don't deny bugs exist. In fact, we have a special app we have written in Xojo called Feedback that is dedicated to bug and feature tracking. If you look at the amount of communications that go on in Feedback about bugs and the great lengths we have gone to make bug tracking easy and efficient, you'd never believe anyone who says we deny bugs exist.
Notice he mentions Foo Basic. I do have to wonder if this complaint was actually written by someone working for Foo Basic. Perhaps not but who knows?
7. "Also about 2 weeks after I purchased the product on their Xojo website I notice someone was making charges using my new bank VISA debit credit card (and XOJO is the only company I used this new card with)" - We don't store your credit card nor do we take orders over the phone. So there's really just no way anyone at Xojo was responsible for your fraud. Credit card fraud is a BIG problem especially in the US. Once a month we get contacted by OUR credit card company because someone purchased Xojo from US with a stolen credit card. So we know it happens. However, there is just NO WAY the perpetrator got your card from us. Your card number is passed through an encrypted connection and is only in memory (never stored to disk) for a few milliseconds why it's transferred to our credit card processor the same exact way that just about every ecommerce site does it.
Again, Xojo is free to download an try out. You can use it for as long as you want until you are ready to deploy your apps. At that time you must purchase a license. However, even then we provide a 90 day money back guarantee. We do that because we want our customers to be sure they are getting their money's worth. Having said that, we get very few returns most probably because we provide Xojo for free to develop so users know it works before they ever purchase. You shouldn't take my word for it. Try it yourself at http://www.xojo.com.