XM Satellite Radio, Inc.
P.O. Box 33174
Detroit, MI [protected]
Re: Acct# 1-xxx1645210 September 3, 2008
The company, "XM Radio" was informed via registered e-mail; and verbal telecomm, between me, and an XM service rep (Julie) in June, 2007 in which I specifically stated: "do not renew service and discontinue future or present services" and - in fact - service reception did cease, in accordance with the term annual service agreement running-out, during 2007. The radio was disposed of, and no XM receiver has been in use at the address of 3758 Adams Street, Carlsbad, CA 92008 for account number [protected], since that notification. Yet, a bill from XM for $142.45, dated Aug 13, 2008 for XM Radio service was received, in spite of e-mail and verbal requests from me for discontinuation of XM service, as stated above. Without a thorough investigation, this appears as a fraudulent business practice by XM, I.e.: Unethical and unauthorized continuation of an account, without approval of the client, disregarding receipt to discontinue service, as afore-mentioned. 325 other XM clients have been located in various other states, with same allegations regarding this practice by XM Radio. This represents cause for:
1. Official filing a complaint with several state, and federal consumer agencies.
2. Filing a complaint with several federal and state law-enforcement agencies, for investigation of the company, XM Radio, in each of the possible plaintiff’s state of home record, as well as my state.
3. Public disclosure of this event on the Internet's several consumer-complaint sites. My personal experience will be copied-and-pasted to several global sites, and updated, pending results of future investigations and court rulings, to include the other plaintiff’s experiences. This would – obviously - be hundreds of individual, derogatory, and true accounts against XM Radio. I will be compiling a list of your investor relations and sending a copy of the resultant transcripts and rulings, as well as derogatory news reports from reputable publications, to them. These actions involve public information, protected by the freedom of information act – but even f they weren’t – I’m smart enough to use third-party URL’s and ghosted passwords to make public postings. I am also persistent, and well-equipped.
You are also informed that my cell phone has received several automated dials from XM in the past week. This can be construed by many judges as harassment, but at the least; I bill for nuisance callers who call me. Verizon shows eight such calls from XM.
You will also receive a paper copy of this for those of you at XM, who claim not to have any record of my e-mail, also sent in 2007. I was astounded that even after I told two people at XM, to:
1. End the fraudulent account;
2. Change the address to a name and address that you cannot provide service to;
3. Forward the call contents database to your account corporate reps;
I then received – yet another automated cell call from XM Radio – which I called back about, only to find that the account was still activated! The person I last spoke with – as transcription will denote – assured me that the account was deleted, or ended…but for how long? Until someone at one of your terminals, decides to reactivate it, and send it to billing, in a few months?