XM Satellite Radio / Fraudulent Billing, Cancellation

1 Chula Vista, CA, United States Review updated:

Complaint #1: When my first XM plan expired, the credit card I used was billed without my consent or knowledge.

Complaint #2: When I cancelled the plan for a vehicle I no longer owned, XM never refunded the pre-paid amount. Instead, XM did cancel the service for the second vehicle on the plan which was also pre-paid, never refunding that amount.

Complaint #3: When I called several times to resolve the issue, I am told either "there's nothing we can do" or "you were sent a refund" but no further information such as when the refund was allegedly sent or a check number or any credit card refund data.

Ta

Comments

• Te
      3rd of Jun, 2016

I had the same issue and will also make a complaint both for EOS and XM

• Te
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    XM Satellite Radio - Billing
    XM Satellite Radio

XM Satellite Radio: XM attempted to charge my old card that was reported lost and was unable to auto renew my account. I received an email stating to call them with new information which I did. I spoke to someone with an Indian accecnt (as best I could here) and gave them all new info to renew. The custopmer rep confirmed my transaction. However I received a call from Discover (3 days later) stating that account info was entered inaccurately and they blocked the charge. I proceeded to call back and verify again with a woman with an Indian accent. She could not understand what I was saying and continuosly messed up my verbiage. So I cancelled. I received a call a week later from XM stating I need to renew and they read me back the card number and asked to authorize the charge which I then stated no. Cancel my account. 2-3 weeks later my satellite radio stopped coming in. I never received a bill or notice saying I owe anything. However on December 17th (61days from Nov 16th when the radio stopped) I was sent a letter from EOS CCA. However the postmark on the letter shows Dec 27th ( I have the evidence). The issue with EOS CCA will be in another complaint. I too called XM the following day and they waived the charge. I was also given a confirmation number. This whole event lead me to cancel 2 Sirius Accounts and 1 XM account.