XM radio / Unethical billing - unauthorized continuation of service
After the trial period for XM Radio in a new car expired I opted to pre-pay for one year of service. That service ended in Oct. 2008. In December I received an invoice for service post-dating that period. I called to let them know that I had not renewed my service and to have the bill canceled (the radio had already stopped receiving XM service). The three individuals I spoke with, including a "manager" stated that XM service automatically renewed. When I had originally signed up for the one year service plan over the phone I was not asked if I would want the service automatically renewed, nor was I notified that it would be. In addition, in the invoice I received covering the aut0-renewal, the monthly rate was increased 36%.
To top it off, when I called to complain about both the unauthorized auto-renewal and the increase in the fee, the people I spoke with were very uncooperative and boarder line combative. When I said that I had not seen anywhere in writing that the yearly plan I had pre-paid for would auto-renew, the manager challenged me to read to him over the phone every word of the billing and account information documents I had received from XM. The "manager" was not able to address either my questions or offer any solution other than for me to pay the disputed bill in question. He told me that someone who would be able to address the problem would call me back. It was by far the worst customer phone support experience I've had.
More XM radio Complaints & Reviews
- Sirius XM - lifetime membership trap 
- Sirius Satellite Radio - consumers beware of sirius radio! 
- XM radio - Billed for services which never received! 
- Sirius Radio Canada - Poor service - illegal credit card charges 
- Sirius XM Radio - harassment 
- Sirius XM Radio - subscription cancellation refusal policy
- Sirius XM Radio - lifetime service scam
- Sirius XM Radio - lifetime subscription scam 
- SiriusXM - life time subscriber switching service to a new radio after 3 tries
- Sirius XM - xm radio service