XM radio / Poor customer service

XM radio worst ever customer service lenthy hold times lenthy customer service only to be told need to speak to someone else. Cancelled a sold car JUNE 25 BY THEIR RECORDS AND THEY STILL AS OF SEP 4 HAVE NOT CANCELLED THEY OFFER NO EXPLAINATION AS TO HOW THIS COULD HAPPEN. i HAVE ABOUT 3 HOURS TOTAL TRYING TO CANCEL A SOLD VEHICLE!!! IS IT CANCELLED NOW?? iT WOULDNOT SURPRISE ME IF IT STILL DOES NOT GET RESOLVEDiTS TOO BAD THEY HAD ME AS A CUSTOMER BUT THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS BEYOND BELIEF. tELL ALL YOUR FRIEBDS WHEN YOU NEED TO CANCEL SERVICE CLEAR YOUR CALENDER IT WILL BE A LENGHY PROCESS OURS WAS OR MAYBE YOU WILL GET LUCKY AND IT MAY GET DONE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

Na

Comments

• Pa
      14th of Oct, 2009

Anyone who has a problem with XM's billing/cancellation policy (as many here have) should also file a complaint with the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection (I did):

They don't investigate individual complaints, but if enough people complain, they work with the DOJ and state attorneys general to investigate and litigate cases.

• Re
      12th of Jan, 2010

I have two cars each with paid three year XM Radio service. The service on one of the cars expired and I had no intention to renew. However, my Visa statement showed a charge from XM Radio for approximately $460. This was a surprise as I had not authorized a renewal. Twice I contacted XM Radio and after a lengthy wait both times I was connected to customer service. When I explained that I wanted to cancel my service I was literally argued with and when I insisted that I wanted to cancel I was disconnected, both times. My impression is this borderes on outright fraud and I would recommend that anyone considering XM Radio be aware of their practices.

• St
      21st of May, 2018

Every time they offer a free period to listen to SiriusXM for free (this time until May 29, 2018) not one of my three radios that are XmRadios get the free signal. Each time when I called they try to sell me 5 months of service. I have yet to get a free anything from SiriusXM. BOYCOTT SiriusXM during the 2018-2019 NFL Season.