XM radio / Bill for unsolicited services

I had XM service installed for a period of 3 years which was paid for in advance. We totally forgot the date it was supposed to expire and we had no intention to renew it. Today I have received a bill from XM for services provided beyond the 3 year period. When I called XM I was told that XM continues the service until I call and cancel. I didnt cancel my service but they discontinued it last month and by the way I didnt sign a contract with them either. I have read several other complaints on XM.
Is there room for a class action lawsuit against XM?

It seems as though corporate america comes up with these great ideas of looting people whereby they either have it in fine print someplace saying that you have to call and cancel oterwise they continue to render service that you dont need as it is either terrible or obsolete.

It was some of those great guys in wall street that brought this economy to its knees and guess what, they get million dollar bonuses!!!

Jj

Comments

• Cl
      21st of Oct, 2009

I had the exact same experience and have saved all of the billing from XM and would join a class action.

• Ka
      25th of Sep, 2010

I have had numerous problems with XM Radio Customer Service. I, too, would gladly join a class action suit.