XM radio / customer service

United States Review updated:
XM Radio
It conforts me to know that it's not just me (not personal) who has fallen into that enpty void in which XM Radio likes to call customer servise. For me, it started about two years ago when I replaced permenant type XM Radio with one of those Delphi XM 2 GO's. I thought it would be nice to be able to play XM in my house and my truck. I really liked the radio until it died, I replaced it (my cost) and it didn't make it as long as the first one. I will back up and say that this is going back almost 2 years since the 2nd radio died and I phoned XM and canceled it but continued with an XM radio in my wifes Jeep. A few days before Christmas (2008), I looked into buying anouther radio to stay in my truck. I got looking at my account on line and my profile still showed my XM 2 GO but had the radio i.d. removed. I called XM to see if we were still paying for it and found out I was and they could only pay me back for 30 days worth. That was not good enough for me so the woman from XM told me that her superviser would have to call me back and it would be 2 or 3 days. After over 3 weeks (past holiday, I will give them that) and I never heard a word. I sent 3 e-mails, 2 more times of calling and on the third call, I read them the riot act. The woman told me, once again, I was told someone would call in 2-3 days and I came un-glued. I was actually patched through to that womans superviser and I explained the situation and you will love their reason. I was told that I was offered a deal on a new radio and I said I would have to get back to them. I was then told that since I never called back that I must be happy with my service but also it was noted that the radio was cancelled because it didn't work. How can I be happy with a radio (an expensive one at that) that would not work. I asked to speak with her superviser but instead she did credit back part of what I spent so I finally just said screw it. I love the commercial free radio but be carefull with the provider. Check your bill very closely as I should have if I could. I never see the actual bill, if you are like most of us, your credit cards keep a ballance. I'm sure I'm not the only one, my wife pays the bills and assumes the add on toy's (XM is a toy for most of us) have the correct billing amount and has no idea of what they really cost.

N  23rd of Sep, 2008 by
I had XM Radio for the free trial and agreed to a 3 month special billing rate. I had to contact them about the charges.

3 months later, when the time came for this to expire I called to cancel and they offered me another 3 month special. I was billed incorrectly and had to call again. After a 10 minute wait they agreed to credit me the difference but the woman was very condensending. I had a really bad day and her attitude just touched me the wrong way. I mentioned that the length of this call was beginning to aggravate me and I was thinking about canceling my service - she laughed. At that point I asked to speak with a manager and she said 'yes, we will credit your account'. I asked again to speak to a manager and was put on hold for 8 minutes. I hung up, called back and canceled. The funny part - even after asking what they could do to keep me, they pro-rated the cancelation for 3 days. I asked him to make sure my reason for canceling was recorded. Perhaps the CSR was new and needs additional training but they should learn from it.

I have had it with inept customer service. I am the most patient person in the world if someone is working on it but I won't tolerate poor customer service any more. I would rather transfer my business.
A  25th of Nov, 2008 by
I have contacted XM Radio on many occasions. They are always courteous and apologize profusely, but never are able to help me. I am beyond apologies and want my problem (which they acknowledge) corrected.
A  19th of Jul, 2010 by
I know how you feel. XM sucks!
N  28th of Dec, 2010 by
I have been a long time subscriber to XM radio and recently negotiated a renewal with them that included on-line access. The on-line access did not work as promised and I have been on the phone for over an hour with various areas of their customer support. Each time I could not reach someone from one of their call centers who could understand this simple issue... on the billing side, they said that I was paid up and that I needed to talk to Tech Support. When I talked with Tech Supt, they said that they could not find the problem and that I needed to talk with billing. I have never dealt with such incompetence... I strongly recommend that you do NOT do business with this organization based upon my experience with them.

Sirius XM Radio Logo Sirius XM Radio