XM HEALTH and BEAUTY 8008649920 KNKN / Unauthorized Debit Card Charges!

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Here is what I found they took out of my bank account this morning!

8/27/2009 Withdrawal Point Of Sale Withdrawal XMHEALTH+BEAUTY [protected] KNKN $84.84

Comments

28th of Aug, 2009

Me, also. This fraudulent operation is being advertised on legitimate
    news sites that should know better. One complaint that I read cited CNN Money as carrying the ad. Who'da thunk?
    After agreeing only to pay $1.00 for information (which never arrived),
    I had $54. debited from my account without my prior knowledge or authorization.
    The 'merchants' name on my banks records was XM Health & Beauty.
    And, yup, I had to cancel my card and, for good measure, closed down my checking account.
    This Google Cash probably operates under other monikers.
    The real mystery is how they continue to operate freely without getting busted.

p.s. chances of getting your money back are less than zero.

28th of Aug, 2009

p.p.s.

THE BIG CLUE

None of their customer contact information works.

Just cancel your card, folks. They WILL be back for more.

• Kb
      29th of Aug, 2009

Yes, for me it was also boasting as 'Seen on CNN' and all that - I was only looking for information. It was called Google Profits House. It was for $0.99, but my account was charged AUD$1.19 as well as AUD$34.56! No details as to the merchant for these amounts has shown up and its been 4 days.

I contacted my bank immediately (within the hour that the amounts were taken) and lodged a dispute, and cancelled my card.

2 days later another amount of AUD$1.21 was taken from my account with this XM Health & Beauty as the merchant. I'd NOT ordered anything from them!

I then had to clear everything out of the account so no further payments could be taken, but unfortunately I can't close the account until the bank reverses the amount of AUD$34.56.

Someone needs to stop these ones! WHY is Google not doing anything about it??? It is using Google as its front! Surely they care about this!?

• Gt
      2nd of Sep, 2009

Same thing happenned to me. $84.84 was taken out of my acct. on 8/25/09. I also lodged a dispute and still waiting for further news about the transaction. I want to close the acct. so bad but I too have to wait.
    Can somebody do something about this? Somebody should get the information out there to warn other people so that they don't fall victim to this scam or any scam for that matter.

• Ba
      4th of Sep, 2009

I m another victim for £1.00 I have been charge twice and another £0.63 plus £53.66 and I m about to cancel my card and get my money back.

6th of Sep, 2009

I was charged $1, then 4 days later another $84.84. I had to cancel my card and order a new one. Bogus sites are starting to piss me off. The only reason why I went to them was because it had Google's logo on it. Otherwise, I wouldn't even bother. I called 1-800-864-9920 as stated on my cc bill and it was a automated massage that keeps telling you to hold.

• Ni
      9th of Sep, 2009

I've been scammed to. I had to cancal my card I've reported it to the fraud squad who are investigating. The scammers took 2 payments for 58 dollars. I'm a single mum and my direct debit bounced because of the cash taken out, giving me a bank have charge of 35.00 pounds on top of everything. I do believe in what goes around comes around. I hope they get what they deserve.

• Da
      14th of Sep, 2009

I've just had the same issue, a deduction of £52.74 ($84.84) from the GoogleProfithouse, I came by the add by way of Facebook, was supposed to be $0.99 for some information on affiliate programmes - I have got the information but the charge of £52.74 was never agreed to, so not sure how they can just charge my card whatever they want.

• Hi
      20th of Sep, 2009

I have also been taken by this company for 4 transactions with a toal of 88.24. I called my bank and had to cancel my debit card. What a scam!

• Su
      27th of Sep, 2009

I am another victim, just had my credit card statement, could not understand this money going out of my account, until I did a google search on the company, then to my dismay I realised what had happened...Why is google letting this company advertise, I found the advert on Facebook not GOOD... trying to get my money back through the credit card company...NOT HAPPY

• Li
      7th of Oct, 2009

I also had this done to me now my bank are telling me to write to how can I with without anything to go on. again I went on facebook. closed my credit account, has anyone else had more taken off theit credit card since you have closed the account.

Lin M

7th of Oct, 2009

Yes i had this done to me also, i found the advert on facebook, the next thing i know they took out £54 from my bank account!! I tried to get the money back through the bank and they said that i couldn't do that, i am so not a happy bunny right now!

J. Dawson

• Su
      31st of Oct, 2009

SusieQ
    Same thing happened to me. I have filed complaints with three states BBB and the FTC.
    XMHEALTH&BEAUTY8008649920KN
    Charged me $84.84 on the fifth day of a 7 day trial. I never saw the packet and tried to cancel on the fifth day, once I found the charge to my account.
    The company replies to the complaints, that it's not them that took the $84.84.
    They have dozens of names to hide under.
    I am still filing complaints.
    Google shoud be ashamed of not stopping this.
    I am going to stop using Google and use Bing from now on.

• Mr
      5th of Nov, 2009

Guess I shoulda Googled XMHEALTH&BEAUTY BEFORE I paid them the initial US $1.00 (AU $1.23)!! That was on 25/08. Then 5 days later they took another US $84.84 (AU $104.08)!! And of course no sample ever arrived. Google needs to stop this fraud, only makes them look bad for having XM being accessed through them. Maybe more people should stop using Google!

• Ms
      30th of Nov, 2009

Same thing happened to me. WM health & beauty has taken money from my account twice: first was on 25/8/09 of AU$ 104.12 and 2nd was 16/11/09 of AU$94.37 excluding AU$1.22. Complained to the bank and said that I need to contact them (XM...) to cancelled the contract but I have not sign anything. I suggested to my bank to stop my existing card and a new card issued but the lady said I need to cancel the contract first.
    I am a working mother and I need my money back.
    Google, we need your help!