XM Brands / XM Labs / XM Brands – Scam Warning

United States, Florida, Hollywood Review updated:
XM Brands
3609 N. 29th Ave
Beware of XM Brands!
This company offers a weight loss program promoted through spam emails. It begins with a "free trial" sample which turns into an automatic monthly charge of $139.00
The trouble is, they don't send out the free trial until there is no time left to cancel enrollment in the program. Once you are enrolled, it is extreemely difficult or impossible to opt out. They are nearly impossible to reach by phone, and if you do finally make contact, they refer you to another website to fill in a cancellation request. But don't fill in the request form becuase the form is essentially a written agreement which excuses them of all responsibility to you.
There are even "threats" posted on this website claiming they will report anyone who reverses their credit card charges to an internet fraud database. (The credit card company confirms that this is an empty threat as there is no such thing)
Seems odd that they would find it necessary to make such a statement if they were a legitamate business.
I intend to file a complaint with the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center or IC3 and encourage anyone who has had a similar experience to do the same.
The Florida Attorney General website gives XM Brands an "F" rating for customer service.

A  29th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I had the same problem with the XM labs as discussed. I sent back their package but was not refunded my money. I work to hard to have money stolen from me. There needs to be something done but since I have never done this before I do not know where to start.
Mad in Indiana
N  1st of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -8 Votes
I work for xm brands and I think you're all crazy.
D  1st of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -8 Votes
I work for xm brands. and i think you're all crazy
N  1st of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -9 Votes
I work for XM Brands, and I think you're all crazy
A  2nd of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Even their websites are highly suspicious!

– Their web pages are full of news network logos and celebrity faces- (obviously done to create the impression of legitimacy).

– All of these images and text are part of one large image which takes up almost the entire page. (They do this to evade detection because the page is full of copyright infringements and violations of intellectual property).

– If you fill in the form, you will receive an email with further instructions toward receiving their "product" (This mult-stage process is another sneaky scheme used to evade the detection of law enforcement).

– Lastly, the bottles pictured are clearly typical of a kind of packaging produced in China. (There's a strong possiblilty that the actual contents is some kind of edible substance, but not at all what they claim it to be)
N  4th of Jul, 2009 by
To whom may concern:
You charge $189.00 to my visa account and there is no items of Regimex and acai for three months. I would like to what is going on.

Sandra Vidgoff
A  6th of Jul, 2009 by
Add my compaint to the list. What happened to my daughter is exactly as described above. We will fight this.
N  8th of Jul, 2009 by
I did the same thing every one else did. I felt bad the next day and called my credit card company. I let them know not to accept any charges from xm labs and I will cancel my credit card # and get a new one just to be safe. I called the 800 number above and they told me they would call me back??? so I got a call from a (623)238-6401. They never left a message so I called them back. Some guy answered the phone the first time and told me I had to call 1-866-949-0138. These people said they knew nothing about xm labs. So i called the long distance number back and got a women (same phone number) and she told me to call the same number. I called back again and got the same guy. He claims he never spoke to me and gave me another number of 1-866-931-6793. When these people answered the phone I asked if they were xm labs. They said yes and then when I started in on them they claimed to not know who XM labs was. These people are total shysters. I have not been able to get a hold of someone from xm labs, but I did send and email to customersupport@xmbrands.com. We will see if that works. I'm just glad i didn't use my bank card (debit) and used a credit card. My credit card company will also file a complaint on my behalf. I'd love to help take these guys down.
A  9th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I too ordered a FREE trial and first they tried to charge my card $29.95 BEFORE I even received the FREE trial. So I complained (thru Super Rewards on Facebook). Then a day later I see where they are attempting to charge my account for $139.97! I called my bank and was told it was a pending authorization request and that I would have to wait to see if it went thru before filing a fraudalent funds activity request to get my money back. Then my card would be frozen and a new one issued - which takes 10 days.

This is the biggest ripoff scam ever. I've called and called the 800-440-4397 number they post on their webpage, get a recording that says wait for the next available attendant then it just hangs up.

I will be reporting this to the FBI IC-3 - I've done it before for Internet threats, I'll do it now for this scam.

N  13th of Jul, 2009 by

XM Brands / XM Labs - Fraudulant Company
XM Brands / XM Labs
Phone: 800-440-4397

This company charged our card before we received any products. We didn't have a chance to cancel the order. The auto phone system put us on hold for a minute and then disconnected us. After reading all about all the other people scammed by this company, I'm amazed that they are still in business. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.
A  14th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
this happened to me as well only i did use my debit card. we were charged 139.97 and i had to contact my bank to reverse the charges and get our mony back that way because you cannot talk to anyone at 1-800-440-4397, plus i have to close the account. and i also refused the originally package when it came. i wanna add my name to the case!!
A  17th of Jul, 2009 by
I too ordered some product from them at the first part of July. It is now the 17th and I have not received my trial offer of acai.

Today there is a charge on my card for 139.97. I tried to get ahold of xmlabs right after I placed my order to cancel because I had found another product for which to try. No Luck, I got constant disconnects and was unable to repond through the web site. They have not yet posted a code to my CC account so I will have to dispute it on Monday.

I wish that I had investigated this further before I placed my order.

Denise Meyer
Colorado Springs, Co
A  17th of Jul, 2009 by
I too am a part of this. I purchased the trial pkg on July 2 billed that day for 4.95, it is now July 17 and I still have not received my product but I have a charge on my CC for 139.97. Called the credit card company today and was told that they have been getting a lot of disutes about ACAI but the xm labs was the first time she had seen that one and suggested that I dispute the chage once an authorization number had been posted. I have done a lot of reseach today about the company, even going as far as going back to their web site and printing out the terms and consitions page. Thought this would be helpful for every one. I quote the the first page " When you order your free trial, your credit card will be charged only for shipping and handeling. You will have a full ten day free trial period from your original order date to decide if our product is right for you. Thereafter, 30 days from your initial order, you will be billed the monthly charge each month of 89.97 for a monthly supply or bi-monthy of 139.97 for a 2 month supply based on the subscription plan you choose when you check out".

I have tried e-mailing this company.. No Luck...
Today I finally got through at the 800 number posted and was sent to an answering service, who told me someone would get back with me.

On adifferent note I did also order acai berry breeze, have received my trial order and have been on the product for 4 days now. Seems to be working pretty good so far.
N  19th of Jul, 2009 by
so is there a way to SHUT THEM DOWN.?
A  19th of Jul, 2009 by
Shut these people down... it should be against the law
A  19th of Jul, 2009 by
it happen to me too
N  21st of Jul, 2009 by
I am in the process of filing a lawsuit and i have experienced all of the above plus rudeness from the staff at xm today which was recorded i advise all of you to cancel your credit cards contact the bank file a case with visa, BBB, and the internet crime website
A  21st of Jul, 2009 by
Stop ripping hardworking people off their money !!!
N  22nd of Jul, 2009 by
I too got money taken out of my account $139.97 to be exact and the difference from all of you is that I didnt even order anything or even heard of this company until today, when I called my bank to verify if a check that I had writted cleared my account. When I heard that XM Labs had charged my account. What I would like to know is how the heck did they come up with my card number. I have never ordered anything online that has to do with weight loss or pills of any sort especially since I have no need to loose weight. What I did was I went to my bank and disputed the unauthorized charge. These people are THEIVES. Also on my bank statement was an 800 number, so I called and all it said was " Thank you for calling XM brand a sales associate will be with you shortly" then it hangs up.
A  27th of Jul, 2009 by
I am dealing with the same situation. I was charged $139.95 before I received the product. We I called and said I had a situation she said, "let me guess, you were charged $139.95". They are fully aware this is a scam. It is advertised as a free trial!! Why would I pay for it before I have even tried the product. I asked the customer service rep if I would speak to management and was told they would tell me the same thing. I asked again and of course management was busy. I was eventually hung up on. It is so frustrating to know there are companies deliberately taking advantage of people. I as well have to cancel my credit card and would like to report there bad business habits.
Kim in Cleveland Ohio.