XM Brands / XM LabsXM Brands – Scam Warning

1 Review updated:

Beware of XM Brands!
This company offers a weight loss program promoted through spam emails. It begins with a "free trial" sample which turns into an automatic monthly charge of $139.00
The trouble is, they don't send out the free trial until there is no time left to cancel enrollment in the program. Once you are enrolled, it is extreemely difficult or impossible to opt out. They are nearly impossible to reach by phone, and if you do finally make contact, they refer you to another website to fill in a cancellation request.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Hollywood, FLBut don't fill in the request form becuase the form is essentially a written agreement which excuses them of all responsibility to you.
There are even "threats" posted on this website claiming they will report anyone who reverses their credit card charges to an internet fraud database. (The credit card company confirms that this is an empty threat as there is no such thing)
Seems odd that they would find it necessary to make such a statement if they were a legitamate business.
I intend to file a complaint with the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center or IC3 and encourage anyone who has had a similar experience to do the same.
The Florida Attorney General website gives XM Brands an "F" rating for customer service.

Comments

• Mo
      Jun 29, 2009

I had the same problem with the XM labs as discussed. I sent back their package but was not refunded my money. I work to hard to have money stolen from me. There needs to be something done but since I have never done this before I do not know where to start.
    Mad in Indiana

• La
      Jul 01, 2009

I work for XM Brands, and I think you're all crazy

Jul 02, 2009

Even their websites are highly suspicious!

– Their web pages are full of news network logos and celebrity faces- (obviously done to create the impression of legitimacy).

– All of these images and text are part of one large image which takes up almost the entire page. (They do this to evade detection because the page is full of copyright infringements and violations of intellectual property).

– If you fill in the form, you will receive an email with further instructions toward receiving their "product" (This mult-stage process is another sneaky scheme used to evade the detection of law enforcement).

– Lastly, the bottles pictured are clearly typical of a kind of packaging produced in China. (There's a strong possiblilty that the actual contents is some kind of edible substance, but not at all what they claim it to be)

Jul 04, 2009

To whom may concern:
    You charge $189.00 to my visa account and there is no items of Regimex and acai for three months. I would like to what is going on.

Sandra Vidgoff
    [protected]@earthlink.net

• Wi
      Jul 06, 2009

Add my compaint to the list. What happened to my daughter is exactly as described above. We will fight this.

• Ci
      Jul 08, 2009

I did the same thing every one else did. I felt bad the next day and called my credit card company. I let them know not to accept any charges from xm labs and I will cancel my credit card # and get a new one just to be safe. I called the 800 number above and they told me they would call me back??? so I got a call from a [protected]. They never left a message so I called them back. Some guy answered the phone the first time and told me I had to call [protected]. These people said they knew nothing about xm labs. So i called the long distance number back and got a women (same phone number) and she told me to call the same number. I called back again and got the same guy. He claims he never spoke to me and gave me another number of [protected]. When these people answered the phone I asked if they were xm labs. They said yes and then when I started in on them they claimed to not know who XM labs was. These people are total shysters. I have not been able to get a hold of someone from xm labs, but I did send and email to [protected]@xmbrands.com. We will see if that works. I'm just glad i didn't use my bank card (debit) and used a credit card. My credit card company will also file a complaint on my behalf. I'd love to help take these guys down.

• Ti
      Jul 09, 2009

I too ordered a FREE trial and first they tried to charge my card $29.95 BEFORE I even received the FREE trial. So I complained (thru Super Rewards on Facebook). Then a day later I see where they are attempting to charge my account for $139.97! I called my bank and was told it was a pending authorization request and that I would have to wait to see if it went thru before filing a fraudalent funds activity request to get my money back. Then my card would be frozen and a new one issued - which takes 10 days.

This is the biggest ripoff scam ever. I've called and called the [protected] number they post on their webpage, get a recording that says wait for the next available attendant then it just hangs up.

I will be reporting this to the FBI IC-3 - I've done it before for Internet threats, I'll do it now for this scam.

DON'T BUY ACAI from ANYONE!

• Gd
      Jul 13, 2009
    XM Brands / XM Labs - Fraudulant Company
    XM Brands / XM Labs
    Hollywood
    Florida
    Phone: [protected]

This company charged our card before we received any products. We didn't have a chance to cancel the order. The auto phone system put us on hold for a minute and then disconnected us. After reading all about all the other people scammed by this company, I'm amazed that they are still in business. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.

• Bi
      Jul 14, 2009

this happened to me as well only i did use my debit card. we were charged 139.97 and i had to contact my bank to reverse the charges and get our mony back that way because you cannot talk to anyone at [protected], plus i have to close the account. and i also refused the originally package when it came. i wanna add my name to the case!!

Jul 17, 2009

I too ordered some product from them at the first part of July. It is now the 17th and I have not received my trial offer of acai.

Today there is a charge on my card for 139.97. I tried to get ahold of xmlabs right after I placed my order to cancel because I had found another product for which to try. No Luck, I got constant disconnects and was unable to repond through the web site. They have not yet posted a code to my CC account so I will have to dispute it on Monday.

I wish that I had investigated this further before I placed my order.

Denise Meyer
    Colorado Springs, Co

Jul 17, 2009

I too am a part of this. I purchased the trial pkg on July 2 billed that day for 4.95, it is now July 17 and I still have not received my product but I have a charge on my CC for 139.97. Called the credit card company today and was told that they have been getting a lot of disutes about ACAI but the xm labs was the first time she had seen that one and suggested that I dispute the chage once an authorization number had been posted. I have done a lot of reseach today about the company, even going as far as going back to their web site and printing out the terms and consitions page. Thought this would be helpful for every one. I quote the the first page " When you order your free trial, your credit card will be charged only for shipping and handeling. You will have a full ten day free trial period from your original order date to decide if our product is right for you. Thereafter, 30 days from your initial order, you will be billed the monthly charge each month of 89.97 for a monthly supply or bi-monthy of 139.97 for a 2 month supply based on the subscription plan you choose when you check out".

I have tried e-mailing this company.. No Luck...
    Today I finally got through at the 800 number posted and was sent to an answering service, who told me someone would get back with me.

On adifferent note I did also order acai berry breeze, have received my trial order and have been on the product for 4 days now. Seems to be working pretty good so far.

Jul 19, 2009

so is there a way to SHUT THEM DOWN.?

Jul 19, 2009

Shut these people down... it should be against the law

it happen to me too

• Wh
      Jul 21, 2009

I am in the process of filing a lawsuit and i have experienced all of the above plus rudeness from the staff at xm today which was recorded i advise all of you to cancel your credit cards contact the bank file a case with visa, BBB, and the internet crime website

• Wh
      Jul 21, 2009

Stop ripping hardworking people off their money !!!

• I too got money taken out of my account $139.97 to be exact and the difference from all of you is that I didnt even order anything or even heard of this company until today, when I called my bank to verify if a check that I had writted cleared my account. When I heard that XM Labs had charged my account. What I would like to know is how the heck did they come up with my card number. I have never ordered anything online that has to do with weight loss or pills of any sort especially since I have no need to loose weight. What I did was I went to my bank and disputed the unauthorized charge. These people are THEIVES. Also on my bank statement was an 800 number, so I called and all it said was " Thank you for calling XM brand a sales associate will be with you shortly" then it hangs up.

• Ki
      Jul 27, 2009

I am dealing with the same situation. I was charged $139.95 before I received the product. We I called and said I had a situation she said, "let me guess, you were charged $139.95". They are fully aware this is a scam. It is advertised as a free trial!! Why would I pay for it before I have even tried the product. I asked the customer service rep if I would speak to management and was told they would tell me the same thing. I asked again and of course management was busy. I was eventually hung up on. It is so frustrating to know there are companies deliberately taking advantage of people. I as well have to cancel my credit card and would like to report there bad business habits.
    Kim in Cleveland Ohio.

Jul 29, 2009

To file a complaint with the FBI, do a web search for " IC3 " - This should take you straight to the online form.
    Be as detailed and accurate as possible- keep a record of all related emails as well as the websites involved. The FBI needs this information.
    If there are enough consistent complaints filed, there will be an investigation, and this "company" should be prosecuted swiftly.

–These criminals put a great deal of effort into creating deceptive web pages promoting products under several other brand names. The pages are quite convincing at first glance, but a closer look reveals the same fraudulent scheme.

–Here's one made to imitate the website of a news channel: http://www.news11.tv/2/ This fictitious "Journalist" claims to have personally evaluated Acai berry products and promotes a "Safe" source. However, all of the links lead to the same online form run by the same criminal outfit.

• Co
      Jul 31, 2009

Same story as everyone else! If you go to the website though, you can print the terms and conditions and it clearly states that you have 14 days for the trial period. I called on day 11 and was told I could only get $30 back of the $139 charged. I was also told that I couldn't cancel future shipments for another 2 months. The website also states you can cancel anytime. I filed a complaint with the BBB, have reported a dispute with my bank and cancelled by card to prevent future charges. I would suggest everyone to the same to protect themselves and others!
    The BBB is up to 147 complaints!
    Colorado

• Ti
      Aug 02, 2009

Well, the pending authorization went thru on my account, so I had to go to my bank, fill out a Fraudulent Activity claim, cancel my card and order a new one. While this was all a big pain in my ### and caused annoying impediment to my normal lifestyle it was all well worth it.

The bank returned my money to my account and has taken action against XM Labs - maybe between the FBI and the financial institutions XM Labs will get what it deserves - JAIL!!!

• Pi
      Aug 11, 2009

I can understand why people go " Postal"( to a point) I am so angry that people can still get away with this BS. I also work very hard for my money. Somebody do something!!! With all todays modern technology, you would think XM labs would be behind bars. I am not impressed with Acai Berry Breeze either.!

• Pi
      Aug 11, 2009

The same thing happened with me, they charged my account 7-17-09 $4.95 and on 07-27-09 $139-97 10 day later for a 2 month supp. I never received the trial package i only received the 2 month supp. They tell you they charge your account om the14th day ... bull ###! I had to put a dispute on my credit card to try to get my money back. This really sucks.

• Tt
      Aug 12, 2009

how do u cancel?? can u?? or do u just have to call ur credit card company??

Aug 12, 2009

Best thing to do is get your credit card company to reverse the charges. If you contact XM, first they give you the runaround (If you are among the rare few who actually gets someone on the line) then they will refer you to an online "canellation" form which essentially is a legal document that tricks you into digitally signing an agreement to pay a restocking fee and excuses them of wrongdoing.

They know what they're doing: They are working just within the fringe of the law– They do actually publish the terms of the contract, but they deliberately make it very hard to find on their websites. Therefore, they are out to exploit our human tendency to miss the "fine print"

Anyway, they usually are the first to violate the terms of their own contract by failing to send out the trial package in the first place.

BTW- This same outfit is using the same dirty scheme to market several dietary supplements under different names. If they operate in this way, I wouldn't trust the authenticity of anything they have to sell.

File complaints with your Atty. General, the BBB and FBI

Aug 18, 2009

I have not been able to get two refunds back from this company. Have tried to call and also get "disconnected" after a minute. Now the number says it has been changed and/or disconnected. What a scam!!! I believe that this site stated that Oprah endorsed this product and also her Dr. OZ. Maybe we can get her to go after them-she has alot more money than I do.

Denise R.
    Minnesota

• 78
      Aug 19, 2009

I am glad to have found this website. Just found out today that I too have been scammed by this piece of crap company. I was told at the 1-866 # that even though I was within my trial period I had to send an email to cancel. I did that about 10 times to make sure that the account was cancelled. To my dismay I was hit for the $139.97 charge before I even got the trial package. I decided to email them again to cancel. What a freaking nightmare. I come home tonight to find out they hit me for the charge again. I was dumb enough to give them my credit card number so I will be going to the bank tomorrow to have that account closed & see if my bank can take action against them. I will also follow the steps that many have posted here to have them reported for internet scam. This company is a complete rip-off!!!

• Ms
      Aug 28, 2009

I to have been reaped off! I order the colon cleanser and fat burner. About 15 minutes after I placed the order my bank called my husband about the charges (22.00 for fat burner). I realized this was a scam and called both to cancel. Well, XM Brands has no record of the cancellation and charged my card 139.95. Just got off the phone for the third time with customer service, was told I must submit the form to cancel and they will give me a $50.00 credit. I hope these people go to jail; they’re a bunch of thieves. I have made a complaint with Governor’s office of consumer affairs. I was told to return the product with a letter enclosed, cc the governor’s office and reference the case number.

• Mi
      Sep 14, 2009

after reading all your comments about xm lab .. i should of read this complaints before i order the free trial of teeth whiteners. of course like everybody said here.. they got charged without getting their trial offer. Exactly what happen to me .. but the thing is.. i used my debit card. im dealing with my bank right now.. which told me that if they didnt receive any confirmation that i cancelled .. my bank will take 139.07. from my account. Im furious! I cancelled it but they still charged me the amount.

I learned my lesson in a hard way. ... Just beware when signing up for ANy trial.

• Se
      Sep 22, 2009

Ok, dumb question... Did anyone else sign the Extra form online that they said would "let you out" or get you refund???
    Cuz i did and now i cant get out!!!
    I just read today, of course, DONT SIGN THIS FORM... but i already did... and i didnt read all the fine print, and i wanna know if anyone else did or if anyone has a copy of it.

• Th
      Nov 15, 2009

I did the trial and read the fine print and never agreed to any option but was stiil charged the $139.07. I tried to contact XM Brands and had no luck. Then today they charged my card again! Iwas told there is nothing to do but close my account (which is a hassel) and that they could not stop the charge fro going through. Now I'm stuck with a USELESS product, out out $280 and have to cancel my card! Thanks ALOT for NOTHING but a headache!

Nov 18, 2009

Same story here.. Except I missed the first $140 whack at my account and they just hit me again yesterday... I'm so angry. Mostly angry with myself for this. This is the language that they have posted when you put your info in. Wow... what's with the threat?

Modifications To Your Terms and Conditions:
    SORRY TO SEE YOU GO!
    Thank you for visiting our website. Please take a few minutes to read the following as when you submit this form you automatically accept the following terms and conditions and confirming the order process. You are confirming that that your future subscription will be cancelled effective as of today. All orders already processed have been billed to credit card on file. You may renew your membership for subscription orders at any time by simply calling customer care at [protected] Monday thru Friday 8am-6pm Eastern Standard Time. Remember, most customers see most noticeable results by using our products consistently for 3 months. We take charge backs very seriously. All internet credit card companies’ use these databases to access credit risk with customers and future purchases with other internet companies might be denies. We do not have any control over this fraud database. Once you get on these lists it is very difficult to get your name removed from it. BE SMART! DON'T DESTROY YOUR INTERNET CREDIT If a customer charges a purchase back we will place their name, address, zip code, and credit card number into an Internet fraud database.. This also serves as a retraction of any actions initiated by you the customer that may lead to or is a potential chargeback. All sales and terms are final. Limit one per household.

Nov 21, 2009

Think twice before using their online cancellation form. This wording is a trap:

"You are confirming that that your future subscription will be cancelled effective as of today. All orders already processed have been billed to credit card on file"

If you submit your info, you are letting them off the hook for any charges they made up to that point.

Its best not to work with them at all- Instead reverse charges through your credit card company, and don't be scared by the "threat" (My credit card company confirms that there is no such database for consumers)

Instead, XM Brands needs to be reported to the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center or IC3. Search "IC3" and you will find the website to submit your complaint.

Also, beware of anyone trying to contact you through complaints board claiming they are investigating XM Brands. (There's no way to verify legitimacy through this board and it coulb be an attempt to data-mine on behalf XM Brands)

• Ta
      Nov 24, 2009

I have just become a recent victim of XM Brand who attacted them selves to a google on line ad. Capital one was great in notifing me about a charge which they where adding. I was able to cancell after a great deal of phone tag and I learned a 59 dollar lesson. I advise everyone not to deal with them and read all the terms and agreements on anything you sign up for online. If this does happen to you call you credit card company as soon as possible and cancell that account and open a new one, They are very helpfull with this

• Va
      Nov 27, 2009

This company is a bunch of thieves ..They had an ad that said (HOW TO MAKE MONEY WORKING FROM HOME )Send $ 1.97...I waited and waited and never got anything ..months passed and I started noticing charges on my DISCOVERCARD..I NEVER GOT ANYTHING..They said they emailed me something and I didnt respond in 5 days so had to pay $ 84.00..I asked them what it was I was paying for..no answer..They lie to you as well...She said she was giving me a credit on my acct which never happened...I paid $ 84.00 for nothing ..I never got an email and if you dont get it you cant cancel it even if you want too..I cant believe the government allows this stuff to happen to people...They still are in business and still are ripping people off...

• Va
      Nov 27, 2009

My advice is to close your acct and get a new number before they rip you blind...

• Sw
      Dec 11, 2009

i feel so terrible .. this is the first time bought something on internet also the last time too ... i don't know why they are so cheating and they still exist like this .. why does anyone stop them from taking money .. i called to cancel it .. but they still charged me .. what the hell with you, people .. now i totally lost 170$ for nothing .. im not good in english .. and can't talk to anyone in my family .. no one can help me .. so upset ...

• Du
      Feb 24, 2010

Yes I am in the same boat. I cant get ahold of anyone to cancel. And when I finally did I was told my trial period was over when I had only recieved the acai berry pills 3 days before. So after long, aggrivating conversation with xm rep. I finally got my subscription cancelled. Then a week later they kept charging my account with out my authorization. On the phone with the lady I was told I would not recieve any future products NOR CHARGES! LIARS!!! I had to go to the bank today to try and get my money put back in my account and close out debit card.

AND FOR YOU ''LALALALALA'' YOU WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT SCREWS PPL OUT OF HARD EARNED MONEY. HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT. XM BRANDS IS A CROCK OF S**T!

• Bo
      Mar 29, 2010

i too got screwed over by this company and i want to post the names of the people who own the company that are screwing over good honest trusting hard working folks...everything that they arent. they might think theyve got away with it in this life, but they still have to meet their maker in the next life. may God forgive them for what they have done to the innocent. what comes around goes around!!! AND THAT GOES FOR YOU TO LALALALALA WOT KINDA NAMES THAT ANYWAY? hope they are paying you well to rip people off?!

• Cc
      Jun 01, 2010

I'm another victim. It looks like they make it so you can't cancel your account. They send an email that gives the web page address and password to cancel your account but after you do so, it says they will send a confirmation email for the cancelation, which is never sent. And on the same day they billed $87.47 (plus a 0.8% Foreign Currency Conv Fee - they must be running this through another country) to my credit card. Then when I called and got a rep, they claim there is no record of any cancelation request. I decided to report my credit card number stolen and had it blocked to prevent further fraudulent charges.