XM Brands / PetiPAAWS / Warning of a new product being marketed by XM Brands

XM Brands is now touting PetiPAAWS on NUMEROUS websites and offering a free trial. I checked out the product and signed up for the trial, but took the time to look at the terms and conditions. Then I did research under "XM Brands and found this website. I thought I should warn others who may be looking at signing up for a free trial of PetiPAAWS. Look up XM Brands and know whom you are actually dealing with. They have a whole lot of complaints lodged againsst them.

Excerpts from Terms and Conditions under PetiPAAWS free trial:

Thank you for visiting the XM Brands website ("Website"). You agree to the following Website Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions"), in their entirety, when you: (1) access or use the Website; (2) submit an application to become a member ("Charter Member (CM)" or "Perfect Price Protection Plan (PPPP)"); and/or (3) purchase products or services offered on our Website

By submitting your credit card information, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, as set forth: By sampling our product for shipping and handling charges of $4.95, you will be given a period of ten days, from the time you place the order, to decide if you want to continue using the product. Please allow several days to receive your product. You can cancel at any time during the trial period by contacting customer service at [protected] with no further obligations. In fact, you can keep the remainder of the trial product as our gift to you for trying this offer. In the event you do not cancel within ten days after you order your trial product, you will be automatically enrolled in our convenient home delivery plan and your credit card will be charged $89.97 (monthly charge) or $139.97 (Bimonthly charge). Thereafter, respectively 30 days from your initial order, you will be billed the monthly charge each month when product is sent to you or 60 days from your initial order, you will be billed the bi-monthly charge each two month when product is sent to you. Limit of one trial sample per household. If, at any time thereafter, you wish to cancel the convenient home delivery plan, you may unsubscribe by contacting customer service with no further obligations. Please take the time to read our complete Terms and Conditions below before continuing.

Comments

• We
      15th of Aug, 2009

People need to be more informed when they buy something. Here is a site about PetiPaaws that discusses the benefits on using the product. You decide. http://petipaawsantiaging.blogspot.com/

• Mc
      21st of Aug, 2009

My husband ordered free trial on 8/12 and on 8/19 they charged account again with $139.95 - this wasn't even five days after order had been placed. He didn't even get his free trial and still haven't. I called my bank and disputed charge and reported to company. It is supposed to be cancelled but we'll see. Do not trust this company it is nothing but a scam...

• Av
      24th of Aug, 2009

I have experienced the same thing! I have been calling the customer service no for days and never get anyone. I can't even find a mailing address to cancel the stupid subsribtion. My dog hates the stuff and spits it out constantly

• Su
      25th of Aug, 2009

The Petipaaws product smells terrible and my golden retriever won't even eat a tablet-he spit it out, YUK-don't waste your money...

• Pa
      26th of Aug, 2009

Ordered FREE trial and was charged 4.95 for S&H which is normal. Then 10 days later(before I even receive the TRIAL) I am charged $139.97(supposedly a two months supply). Now I have received the tablets and they are GROSS!! I would be afraid of whatever is in them, my dog would not get CLOSE to them, and I don't blame him. I called to have the automatic shipment cancelled and no one will answer the phone. I have left the "hold music" playing on my speaker phone for 10-15 minutes at a time off and on for two days. I finally called my bank to check this out and they gave me another number with exactly the same music and NO ONE answers the phone. On checking out the website, I notice that there is NO address or e-mail adress, I am warned in the agreement not to refuse shipment, but to call for a return authorization, HOW??, if they don't answer the phone. Customer service is 800-440-4397 and the bank gave me 800-685-9229 both have exactly the same automated answer service and hold music. I learned an EXPENSIVE lesson. Pat Williams Owensboro, KY

• Te
      29th of Aug, 2009

I was about to click on the "Get Your Free Trial Now", but I'm learning to listen much more mindfully to my Intuition, and that "still, small voice" gave me a strong prompt to STOP -- and read up on any available reviews before trying it. Given the nightmare accounts I've read above, I will NOT be ordering this... thank you all for posting your experiences. I'm sorry to hear that anyone has been scammed like this. Crafty greed that preys on peoples' love for their pets just makes me sick!
    MSmith,
    Texas

• So
      30th of Aug, 2009

I wish I read these first! Check out the BBB. They received an "F." They're hard to find on the BBB.org website -- search by the phone number: 800-440-4397 or paste this link in your browser Southeast Florida's BBB site:

• Dr
      1st of Sep, 2009

Petipaaws is a complete SCAM!!

I am Dr. Carol Osborne, DVM. I am the holistic veterinarian who created and patented PAAWS.

Beware of Petipaaws!

Many well meaning pet lovers are being scammed by this product and their credit card fraud is alarming.

This site needs to be shut down!!

PAAWS has no relationship to or association with Petipaaws.

The real PAAWS is available at www.drcarol.com or http://paaws.tv

Dr. Osborne is available toll free at 1-866-372-2765.

Dr Carol Osborne, DVM

• It
      9th of Sep, 2009

This sounds an awful lot like the scam Dr Carol Osborne used to run. TV and the net were inundated with ads for PAAWS, the Pet Anti Aging Wellness System, which promised amazing and unrealistic results. Dr Osborne advertised herself as "board certified in anti aging medicine." There is no such certification, so I called the company, and was told that the board of her own company (ie: her employees) had "certified" her. It is unethical at best nad probably illegal to advertise made up credentials. This new product says it's approved by the American Veterinary Association, whatever that is-- the national organization is the American Veterinary Medical Association, or AVMA. I googled the AVA, and couldn't find any results that matched. I wonder if it's another made up org to make the product look legitimate? It also says it's the #1 veterinarian recommended product-- highly unlikely, since the website was copyrighted at the end of July. Speaking of unrealistic claims, do you really think the product will increase any pet's longevity by 30%? Where's the proof? Remember, vitamins aren't regulated like drugs are, so this product might or might not have the advertised ingredients in the advertised amounts, and there probably haven't been any unbiased clinical trials of this product.

I ordered Dr Osborne's tablets out of curiosity, thinking I would use the free trial, and the same thing happened-- my credit card was immediately charged exorbitant amounts, long before the product arrived. I was charged for overnight shipping, even though it took a month for the product to get here. Even though they sent two month's worth in one shipment, I was charged each month for overnight shipping-- since it was a two month supply. The pills were mostly sugar and liver, with a few routine vitamins thrown in.

When I called the company, I was told their 100% satisfaction guarantee only applied if I returned ALL the bottles UNOPENED, and that I only got the "free trial" after I had used the product for two months and agreed to continue having my credit card charged ridiculous amounts every month. I called the AVMA, the state VMAs, the Postmaster Generals and the States Attorneys for her state and mine, and started investigations into her business-- ethics violations, mail fraud, credit card fraud, etc (I had been charged hundreds of dollars for two bottles of "vitamins" by this point). Dr Osborne's ads disappeared overnight, and my money was refunded (even though I had been told I could not get any refund because I had opened one bottle, and it was considered a two bottle order, so neither bottle could be returned). Now it looks like the same scam has returned. If Dr Osborne isn't behind it, someone took a page right out of her playbook.

You can buy better and cheaper vitamins and treats at your local pet store, or better yet, feed a high quality diet, and only use vitamins and supplements if your veterinarian recommends them. Please don't be fooled into giving these scam artists your credit card number! If you have already been ripped off, call ALL of the people mentioned above, document every phone call-- who you spoke with and when-- and save every piece of paper, receipt, agreement, etc that you get. Copy them and send the copies to all of the people you call, along with a typed cover letter describing what happened to you, and giving the exact websites.

By the way, the "terms & conditions" link on the website has been disabled, but was still available by following the links to the Google cached site, and it DOES say that your credit card will be charged almost $90/month once you sign up for the "free trial, " there are abolutely no refunds if the bottle has been opened, no refunds without an RMA (returned merchandise authorization), and no refunds at all once the product has been ordered, RMA or not. So much for a free trial!! I just went back to the site, and I can no longer get to the terms and conditions, evenon the Google cache... Please, anyone who has been ripped off, take action! These people need to be stopped!

• Co
      1st of Oct, 2009

I have been a victim of falling for "Peti Paaws" aka: XM Labs. I wish I could have seen your warning about it and how they trick you with a free trial. I JUST started my own bank account and only had $80 (left over from paying a bill). I am a colege student and care A LOT for my old dog who is starting to show signs of old age. So I stumbled across Peti Paaws and was tricked. In my bank statement...immediately after the $4.95, I was charged over $200! Some free 10 day trial to decide if I wanted the product...ALSO, I never got any package until I made a claim to my bank. This is so depressing because I have lost all my money in a little account I just started and now have been dealing with this claim for over 90 days and JUST got a letter to wait 45 more days because the bank wants to hear XM Lab's side of it. I hope more people stumble across this more and I wish I could've seen what you had to say about this terrible scamming company that took everything away from me (work minimum wage and barely any hours). I hate XM Labs more than anything for making me this frustrated and I hope my story helps anyone else out there.

13th of Jun, 2010

Petipaaws scam: XM Brands are still scamming people with hundreds of scams - why are they not shut down and locked up!!?

All these websites are owned by XM Brands in Florida - all are scams!

acaiberryradiance.com dazzlingbritesmile.com deramaxin.com googleprofitlibrary.com musclemaxxl.com myeverwhitekit.com myultrabritewhites.com petipaaws.com rezv-ultra.com www.acai-lift.com www.acaiberryradiance.com www.acaiessence.com www.arcticwhitekit.com www.articsmiles.com www.articwhites.com www.athomebusinessnetwork.com www.athomebusinessventure.com www.athomecorporation.com www.brightsmilekit.com www.celebrity-white.com www.celebrity-whites.com www.colon-flush.com www.colon-lite.com www.colonadvanced.com www.colonaturecleanser.com www.colonextreme.com www.colonmaxx.com www.colonreduced.com www.colopurecleanse.com www.dualpowerberries.com www.e-cigarettesonline.com www.everbritewhites.com www.glowhite-smile.com www.gosmilewhite.com www.hollywoodcoloncleanser.com www.hollywoodslimbody.com www.hollywoodteethwhitner.com www.internetmillionssystems.com www.internetmoneynetwork.com www.internetprofitmarket.com www.karllevine.com www.maqui-colon.com www.maquicoloncleanser.com www.max-resv.com www.maximumburnxtreme.com www.maxxcolon.com www.moneylibraryonline.com www.moneymastersathome.com www.my-hollywood-smile.com www.myacaimaxcleanse.com www.mydietmaxburn.com www.mydietmaxcleanse.com www.myeverbritesmile.com www.myeverwhitekit.com www.myonlinesuccessvault.com www.myvirtualsuccessvault.com www.naturespurecleanser.com www.ncomnetworks.com www.nutra-cleanse.com www.nutrafatburner.com www.onlinebusinesshouse.com www.onlineofficecenter.com www.onlineofficeprogram.com www.onlinesucessvault.com www.oralwhites.com www.personalprofitlibrary.com www.petipaaws.com www.pro-resv.com www.pro-whitener.com www.profitathomepro.com www.profitlibraryathome.com www.profitlibrarybusiness.com www.pure-resv.com www.regimexm.com www.rejuvinx.com www.resv-max.com www.resv-power.com www.resv-vital.com www.resvglow.com www.resvradiance.com www.shortsaledollars.com www.sivitrol.com www.smilenglow.com www.solutionsteethwhitner.com www.syndexindustries.com www.theinternet-millionaire.com www.theonlineprofithouse.com www.tribecaindustries.com www.truecolorwhitener.com www.virtualsuccesskit.com www.virtualsuccessvault.com www.webbusinessaccess.com www.webbusinessprogram.com www.webmillionsnetwork.com www.xmtests.com www.zaazoomteethpen.com www.zaazoomwhite.com xmbrands.com xmtests.com

Contact the Florida Attorney General too if they have been caught by this scam.

Mention XM Brands when you contact them, as they are currently investigating them.

• Ju
      19th of Mar, 2012

My dog actually appears to have become sick after taking a couple of these tablets. So here's a warning not just about the price, but the potential danger of actually giving the stuff to a pet.