XM Brands, LLC / Ripoff/Scam Takes Your Money

1 Hollywood Miami area, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-440-4397

This all originated from a trial for Acai. In order to participate, you pay the postage of $3.97. However, when you try to cancel the subscription, they will not allow you to. My credit card was charged $220.00. I called XM and spoke with Leticia. She advised that I did not cancel the trial in time, therefore I was bound by their terms and conditions. This was in February, 2009. On 3/11/2009, I received an email stating I would be getting another batch of pills. I called and it was confirmed that my accounts were indeed canceled and this was just a "glitch" in the system. On 3/27/09, my American Express was charged for this "glitch". On 4/1/09, I called again and spoke with Brandy who, again, said a "glitch", in their system had occurred and I had in fact canceled my accounts in February with Leticia. Three days ago, I received my pills. It is now 4/11/09, and I have not received my credit on my American Express. I have just called AE and have opened up a dispute. Once this company gets your credit card information, they will not let go. WARNING. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE SCAMMERS AND LIARS.

Su

Comments

Ro
  22nd of Apr, 2009

The same thing happened to me but they hung up the phone ine me!!!

Ja
  20th of May, 2009

I DIDN'T EVEN SUBSCRIBE TO ANYTHING AND I WAS CHARGED $139 FOR NOTHING. EVERYTIME I CALL THE COMPANY NO ONE COMES TO THE PHONE.

Do
  3rd of Jun, 2009

I HAVE HAD THIS KIND OF THING HAPPEN TO ME BEFORE THAT IS WHY I PUT THIS ON AN AMX CARD THAT WAS A GIFT CARD FROM WALGREENS. I PUT JUST ENOUGH $ ON IT TO COVER THE 1ST ORDER. I HAVE ALSO TRIED TO CONTACT THE COMPANY AND I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ON ENDLESS HOLD. SO NEXT TIME YOU ALL DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS REMEMBER AX VISA OR MC GIFT CARD. IT SPENDS JUST LIKE A CREDIT CARD. GOOD LUCK!

Me
  4th of Jun, 2009

Hi,

I was taken in by the $4.95 trial as well. I ordered it on a Thursday night and bu Friday morning I had a really bad feeling about it. I checked my account and not only had they charged the $4.95 shipping, they had also placed a hold of $59.01 on my checking account. I started calling the company 1st thing Friday and had a really hard time getting through. This made me freak out more. I did some searching on the internet for this company. They don't advertise it or put this on their web site, but the customer service email is customersupport@xmbrands.com I sent 2 emails on Friday without a response and continued to call the 800-440-4397 number. After the transaction for the shipping posted and the pend on my account was released, I cancelled my bank accounts and set up new ones so the company would not have access to my information any more.
Thursday of the following week I was finally able to get through to a customer service rep. Who instructed me to send an email to the above address. I advised him that I had already done so and he was curious as to how I got the email address which I found through a similar post. He was skeptical, but did find my email and assured me that my subscription had been cancelled. I still feel better knowing that my accounts have been changed.

The FL better business bureau has given this company a grade of F. It is not a pleasant company to work with and I recommend that you not order any of their products.

It looks like I'm one of the lucky ones who figured it out before it cost me hundreds of dollars. I hope that this can help someone who finds themselves in the same situation

5th of Jun, 2009

As a follow-up, I am pleased to advise everyone who responded to my original posting (and to all others who have been a victim of this scam) that I have contacted Bill McCollum, our Attorney General for the State of Florida, and filed a formal complaint against XM Brands. This company is based out of Florida; therefore, jurisdiction is in Florida.

I would strongly suggest that everyone who has been a victim do the same. Remember, there is power in numbers. Here's the link to do so: http://myfloridalegal.com/

Good luck to all.

Susan

PS - I've done a bit of investigating on my own and discovered that XM Brands is based out a bedroom in a private home. Scary, isn't it?

5th of Jun, 2009

Another follow-up. I have also filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and have discovered that many other people have done the same thing. Their link is: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/. On the right side of the page, is a brownish box that states "FTC Complaint Assist". Click on that box to begin your complaint.

Once again, power in numbers people. Please take a few minutes and file these complaints. This company MUST be shut down.

Good luck.

Susan

Te
  8th of Jun, 2009

Another unsatified customer. Tried the 4.95 trial and never received it. Called to cancel and was on hold endlessly and when someone did come on the line, they hung up on me. I left a message on their answering machine, but when I was finally able to reach them, they had no record of the message. They realized they had sent the product to the wrong address, but I had already been billed 138.00 and they refuse to remove the charges. This company is a huge scam. Don't deal with them!
I am going to take the above suggestion and file a complaint. Hope everyone does the same.

Do
  30th of Jun, 2009

Well- I'm not the only one. Sucked in by the "free" trial. I usually check up online before ordering things- for some reason I didn't. My mistake. Fortunately, I almost immediately had a bad feeling about this, did the online check and found SCAM all over anything attached to this product/company. When I tried to call the number to speak with a person, I couldn't get through. I called my credit card company right away and had to cancel the whole credit card. The $4.95 shipping had already been charged ALONG WITH $29.01. Plus I never recieved an email with my shipping number or a password, so I couldn't use the myordersupport.com site. Called back multiple times- it was busy. Finally got through and waited for 12+ minutes to speak with a customer service (HA) person. This was all within an hour of me stupidly ordering this thing. Supposedly they don't "have a record" of the order, and "couldn't pull up" my records. Maybe- because I cancelled my credit card... Not sure. Well, now I just get to wait and see what else may show up on my bill.

Ci
  8th of Jul, 2009

I did the same thing every one else did. I felt bad the next day and called my credit card company. I let them know not to accept any charges from xm labs and I will cancel my credit card # and get a new one just to be safe. I called the 800 number above and they told me they would call me back??? so I got a call from a (623)238-6401. They never left a message so I called them back. Some guy answered the phone the first time and told me I had to call 1-866-949-0138. These people said they knew nothing about xm labs. So i called the long distance number back and got a women (same phone number) and she told me to call the same number. I called back again and got the same guy. He claims he never spoke to me and gave me another number of 1-866-931-6793. When these people answered the phone I asked if they were xm labs. They said yes and then when I started in on them they claimed to not know who XM labs was. These people are total shysters. I have not been able to get a hold of someone from xm labs, but I did send and email to customersupport@xmbrands.com. We will see if that works. I'm just glad i didn't use my bank card (debit) and used a credit card. My credit card company will also file a complaint on my behalf. I'd love to help take these guys down.

Dave