XM Brands / Unauthorized charges on credit card

XM Brands made 3 unauthorized charges on my personal credit card. Furthermore, they have never sent me any type of product or service by mail or email and, when asked, the repeatedly say they will "email" the product or service to me, it has never occured. Additionally, they have promised me a full reversal within 10 to 15 business days on repeated occassions but have never fullfilled the reversal or the product/service that i was charged for without consent.

I have logged over 3 hours of hold time with XM brands only to be passed through 4 different managers; each telling me they will resolve the matter...the first charge of $1.97 occured on my credit card on nov 17th, 2009 for a trial period for me to "review" the product that i never received, then on Nov 27st, 2009 a charge in the amount of $79.97 posted on my credit card without ANY contact phone number provided on the charge description on my card...then, on december 21st, 2009, another $79.97 charge was placed on the same credit card, but this time, with a contact phone number and a different product that i never received by mail or email. This matter has continued to date and i was forced to cancel my credit card as there were additional charges appearing on my card for the same singe inquiry i had made on the 17th of November 2009. I am so angry that i am attempting to sue this company going ahead and i am in contact with a lawyer that is considering the matter as a class action suit as i think anyone can assume their fraud has netted millions at this point. Anyone that reads this post, please contact me at 410.842.3475...Mark

Le

Comments

• Ku
      23rd of Jul, 2010

I agree and am frustrated with them on the the way they handle business and outsource their customer service. The customer service company, Virtual Business Systems, will not transfer you above a supervisor and can not give you any additional information. While my account was charged in the agreed amount for a trial period, their web site failed to state that they are based in Panama (and I therefore pay 3% to my bank for int'l). Additionally, they charged me $1.39 (plus 3% to my bank)which was not stated in the terms and conditions, customer service only states that it is and can't tell me which line nor email it to me. They also put the $78.98 on pending with my account the same day the trial was initiated.
    It was unfortunate that I didn't have the information initially that the corporate is XM Brands, has an F with BBB and multiple complaints against them. I hope you move forward with a class action suit!! There are obviously many people frustrated with this company!

28th of Jul, 2010

Home Based Income Academy (USA based company) made 1 unauthorized charges on my personal credit card. I went their website and purchase a kind of start kit product, and paid about USD4. I found nothing interesting and exciting, then left. but last month I received my bank statement, and found they charged me another 59.95 USD without any advanced notice for me. When asked, nobody gave a clear answer about this.

I think it totally wrong or illegal for them to do so. I am planning to sue this company with my bank first. If my bank cannot solve this, i will try to take any legal action i can find...

A word for all of you, don't buy anything with your credit card from this website. Once you buy anything, their system will memorise your card number and charge you anything i didn't intend to buy.

Jon