XM Brands / Unauthorized billing

I called the company and they instructed me to send the box back return receipt. I did. Then I was notified by my credit card there was a $48 handling fee.

Comments

• Na
      10th of Apr, 2009

Hi Kevin Foster, I too was a scam victim of XM Brands LLC. They have 19 [redacted]s from other scam victims on /link removed/ Do you cancel you subscription with XM Brands to avoid getting additional charges? I had to go as far as cancelling my debit card and getting a new one reissued to avoid future unexpected charges from XM Brands. If you have not cancelled your subscription, I would suggest sending an email to Sonja or Robert Estrella at customersupport@xmbrands.com. I hope this helps.

• Li
      28th of Apr, 2009

Hi my Name Is Linda Reyes I'm in,
    I LOVE the system that they have it works very were will for me and everyone knows that the company and any company online has a auto ship program so i don't know why so many of you are so upset with them. If you don't have money to invest in your self then you don't need to online buy trial or anything for that mater.

• Na
      28th of Apr, 2009

Linda R., first of all do spell check before you post a reply. You sound like you work for XM Brands. Anybody that has experience as a customer with XM Brands would not be saying what you are saying. Most people such as myself have experience nothing but horrible customer service with XM Brands and been scammed out of hundreds of dollars.

I strongly disagree that most people know that they will be automatically enrolled in an auto-ship program when they make a purchase online. Companies like XM Brands do this because they are scammers that are greedy and want your money. Whether or not you like their products or agree to the automatically monthly subscription they will take your money until you dispute the charges with your bank and cancel the auto enrollment/shipment with XM Brands (which is not easy to do). It is a pure out right scam. PERIOD.

I have purchased many products online with Puritan's Pride, Lucky Vitamin, Sephora and Amazon and none of those legit, great customer service and affordable online companies have scammed me by auto shipment and enrollment. Your comments are not appreciated and have not added any worthwhile comments.

• Me
      4th of Jun, 2009

Hi,

I was taken in by the $4.95 trial as well. I ordered it on a Thursday night and bu Friday morning I had a really bad feeling about it. I checked my account and not only had they charged the $4.95 shipping, they had also placed a hold of $59.01 on my checking account. I started calling the company 1st thing Friday and had a really hard time getting through. This made me freak out more. I did some searching on the internet for this company. They don't advertise it or put this on their web site, but the customer service email is customersupport@xmbrands.com I sent 2 emails on Friday without a response and continued to call the 800-440-4397 number. After the transaction for the shipping posted and the pend on my account was released, I cancelled my bank accounts and set up new ones so the company would not have access to my information any more.
    Thursday of the following week I was finally able to get through to a customer service rep. Who instructed me to send an email to the above address. I advised him that I had already done so and he was curious as to how I got the email address which I found through a similar post. He was skeptical, but did find my email and assured me that my subscription had been cancelled. I still feel better knowing that my accounts have been changed.

The FL better business bureau has given this company a grade of F. It is not a pleasant company to work with and I recommend that you not order any of their products.

It looks like I'm one of the lucky ones who figured it out before it cost me hundreds of dollars. I hope that this can help someone who finds themselves in the same situation

2nd of Jul, 2009

oh no! I just fell for the 'only pay for shipping $4.95 offer' too! I signed up on 6/30 and my bank account on 7/2 shows.

06/30/09 PENDING XM LABS 800 440 4397 $4.95
    06/30/09 PENDING XM LABS 800 440 4397 $29.01
    06/30/09 PENDING XM LABS 800 440 4397 $29.01

That is $58 more than I bargained! I am sending the email now. Their telephone hours mon-fri 9 AM - 6 PM EST.

• Dc
      7th of Jul, 2009

I didn't even fall for the scam, they somehow got my debit card number and when I got the shipment, I checked my bank account and they had taken charges. I immediately filed a claim with my bank. Next step I think will be the Florida Attorney General because yet again yesterday these sleaze balls tried to deliver more product!

• Ms
      7th of Jul, 2009

I AGREE WITH ALL OF YOU! I HAVE BEEN TRYING ALL DAY TO CANCEL MY FREE TRIAL TOO! THEY KEEP ON HANGING UP ON ME AND THE CALLS KEEP DROPPING, BUT I DIDN'T GIVE UP. FINALLY SOMEONE TAKES MY CALL AND A GIRL VIVIAN GAVE ME THE EMAIL ADDRESS. I HAVE NOT FOUND ANY CHARGES TO MY ACCOUNT OTHER THAN THE S&H. THANK GOD! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU IF YOU ARE DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY.

• 55
      9th of Jul, 2009

Their product arrived in my mail, which I did not order...my credit card number got lifted and is being used and this company XM Brands / Matsa Net Purchase / Advanced Wellness Research Inc. keeps sending ME product which I never ordered...I canceled my credit card and they keep sending the crap...I've called each of the companies and informed them I did not order their product and to stop sending it...they tell ME I have to go to a website to cancel the order and I'm leary of that as reputable companies will cancel over the phone...aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh.

23rd of Jul, 2009

I too was scammed - I thought that because Dr. Oz recommended Acai XM as one of 3 reputable supplements, that I was dealing with a reputable company - was I wrong! On 7/5 I ordered the free trial - on 7/15 my debit card was billed for 139.97 (all the posts I have read show a different charge and no where in the free trial offer is there any mention of the value of future shipments). I didn't receive the product until 7/23 and called XM immediately to cancel. I was told by Tom that I couldn't cancel by phone, that it had to be done over the I-Net and that he would have to "push" the cancellation form to my computer. Sounds like a set-up to push a virus or worm and certainly doesn't sound like a reputable cancellation policy. I have disputed the charge with my bank and we'll see what happens but everyone who reads this should reach out to Dr. Oz, Ophrah and Rachel Ray to let them know that their name is being misused by this shady company and that hundreds of people are being scammed. I also filed a complaint with the FL attorney general's office and with my local SC TV station. I feel very violated.

27th of Jul, 2009

All previous complaints could have easily been avoided. The company is not a scam, you are just Americans obsessed with instant gratification, and failed to read the Terms and Conditions which clearly state everything. So, congratulations. Your complaints are invalid and you should really start learning how to read before you get into these things.

• Bo
      27th of Jul, 2009

this company stinks!!!...i wish i would have never order this product.

• Xm
      4th of Aug, 2009

>>>>MR JAMES Es<<<<<< just for your information I too was scammed by this company, I DID NOT AND DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING ONLINE... because of this kind of thing. I NEVER use my debit card for ordering online! They took $139.97 out of our account as well and they were NOT authorized to do so! So tell me how exactly they got my information??????????????????????????????? Are you telling me that you agree with what they are doing?????? Thats probably a stupid question because you probably work for this SO CALLED "COMPANY". I have to give it to you "they are making a real honest living"NOT!!! They are a joke not a company!!!

9th of Aug, 2009

I also did not order anything from this company. Out of the blue I get two packages of 3 separate items. Stupid health pills that have no proof they may even work. I never buy this kind of crap online or otherwise. I just ignored it but my wife kept nagging me to check my credit cards and bank card activity so the next day I did and saw where I was charged $4.95 and $1.99. I tried to call the phone numbers listed next to the charge but couldn't get through so I called my credit card company and told them to cancel my card. Within the next 2 or 3 days I had received several more shipments all of different kinds of health supplement crap that again I don't use because I believe it is all a scam anyway. I checked my credit card activity again and find a total of $146.00 of charges that were made before 8/6/09 when I had my card cancelled. All these shipments seem to have originated from different companies and were not accompanied with packing lists except two of them. This last one's packing slip had a very small seal with "XM BRANDS" printed on it so I did a google search and found this complaint site.
    I still don't know how these shipments are related and how they got my credit card number. I fall for FREE offers where you would have to give your Credit Card number??!! Some time ago I looked at the "FreeCreditReport.com but as soon as they asked for my credit card number I backed right out. How stupid do they think I am??!!! I'm Happy for JamesEs and Linda R above that they are so pleased this kind of "Business Model" .

• Ou
      12th of Aug, 2009
    XM Brands - misleading information
    XM Brands
    Santa Clarita
    California

This company offered a five day "trail period" for .99 cents. When I called they stated that the "trial period" began the moment I ordered the "product" (i.e. instructions). The information was too complex so when I called to cancel, I could never get through (busy signal). I finally got through on the fifth day - but they count weekends. They are still going to charge me $89. I will never sign up for anything on the internet again.

18th of Aug, 2009

do all of these complaints all refer to a toll free number - 800 440 4397 ? then this company also involved in GOOGLEPROFITHOUSEONLINE.COM...you have been warned.

18th of Aug, 2009

Ok, two hours ago I noticed "POS XMHEALTH@BEAUTY
    *$1.01" on my bank statment. I did not order anything from this company and have no idea what this is for. However, after calling my bank and getting a bogus phone number 800-864-9920 associated with the charges I started doing some research. There seams to be several products associated with this company none of which I have ordered or would wish to. I do not know how they got my information but first thing tomorrow I will be canceling my card and the bank will issue me a new one before any more charges from this company come thru. I did find this web site with a phone # 800-440-4397 which I will call tomorrow, but I intend to call my bank first and hope that I have caught this intime. Hope this helps.
    If somebody can tell me what product is associated with XMHEALTH@BEAUTY I would appricate it.

S. Powers

21st of Aug, 2009

Update to XMHEALTH@BEAUTY ...this is associated with GOOGLEPROFITHOUSEONLINE.COM. I did finally get thru on the 800-864-9920 # after waiting 1 hour on hold. I talked to a rep named Claire who informed me that I had signed up for a 5 day trial period and that today was day 6. Maybe that is why I got thru. They did not even have my last name on the account. I was also informed that they had put thru a payment for $80.oo to my account today and that It had gone thru. (We'll see about that). She then said that to cancel I had to go to the following web site http://www.xmorders.com/mc/ to cancel the "account". Use all lower caps and fill in information. CS Rep: claire...Password: red...she had to give me the order # since I did not have it. I made her stay on the phone until I had everything done. She tried to get me to wait until the 80.oo dollars had cleared before canceling so that I could be refunded $20.00. I DON'T THINK SO!!! After hanging up I immediately called my bank and told them to cancel my card. I asked them about the payment and they said that there was a payment on hold for $80.00 and that if it did go thru that they would dispute it Immediately but since it was done with a debut card that they could not stop it from coming thru. I did try to call the 800# back and was cut off after 45 mins. I will try again in a little bit and see if I can't find out what the web address is that I supposedly gave my information to and some company information. Claire is in Hollywood, FL.

• Fe
      1st of Sep, 2009

to jameses... have you ever read the terms and conditions??? they are supposed to give you 14 days of "trying product to see if it is right for you". They charged me within 5 days of original order date. That's not 14 days... not even the 10 days that says I can cancel within. I tried for 3 days to call the 800-440-4397 number. After waiting for a total of 2 hrs... yes, 120 minutes on hold with the most annoying blaring noise coming from the phone, a "Robert" tells me he cannot do anything to help me. He refused to give me a supervisor to speak to & refused to give me a street address to write to. Reputable business? I think NOT! Fortunately, the BBB of FL is very familiar with this ripoff company, having many complaints filed each day of this company. My bank was very accommodating... all I had to do was fill out a form and sign it and my money was returned. They also have seen many of their customers scammed by these thieves!
    Just a warning to all: ALWAYS check out a company with the BBB before buying anything online! If you get scammed, have your credit card number(s) changed immediately!!!

• Kr
      1st of Sep, 2009

OK, not sure if this worked but i'll find out.
    I have read all of your complaints and agree with every word.
    I cannot believe they get away with this.
    I have held on that yucky crackling music trying to cancel for a documented total of 4 hours+.
    I finally got to a land line and decieded to hold for however long it took.
    I actually spoke with a "Customer Service Rep/Supervisor" and she took me to a site
    www.xmorders.com/brf
    This is the cancellation order page but appartently you need a rep to help you with CSRep info, order number and password.
    The only other option if this does not work is to cancel and re-issue a new bank card I was told.
    Good luck to all who were scammed by this "company", word will get around eventually.
    Hopefully this worked. I 'm hopin to cut my losses.

• Wi
      1st of Sep, 2009

Here, I'll help all you guys out and save you some trouble from this company. This is the easiest way to cancel your trial if you have ALREADY been charged.

Log on to http://www.xmorders.com/brf. The company has many extensions on the same site, depending on what they feel is right for the situation.

/bc, /mc are all to cancel, but by submitting those webpages, you are basically agreeing to the charges that were already placed and giving up your right to dispute it with them or your financial institution.
    /mr, /br, /bm are webpages that you are directed to if you want to take a settlement credit, usually of $20 and $30 respectively. If you are directed to this by a representative, please be noted this will NOT cancel you out.

/brf will cancel your account the same day, and your card on file will automatically be issued a refund - a restocking fee of %45 as stated in the terms and conditions. Only use this if you've already tried disputing it with your bank but haven't gotten anywhere with that. Make sure if you're using this webpage, to send the product back, and make sure you get a tracking number as well as confirmation of receipt.

Fill out all the information, making sure your first and last names are correct in the field.

When you get to the CS Rep field, type in only ONE OF THE FOLLOWING. It doesn't matter which you pick, just make sure it's lowercase:

Amy
    Apple
    Robert
    Morris
    Don
    Tonya

When you get to the order number field, type in your order number. It should have came with the confirmation e-mail. It's 7 digits and always begins with a 2. If you don't have your order number, you're screwed.

For the password, your password is always "red" without the quotes. Please make sure you're entering it in with all lower-case characters.

Your digital signature IS legally binding so make sure you're on the right page before you submit anything.

Make every attempt at the best of your ability to call the company at 1-800-440-4397 once you've done this to confirm your cancellation, as you do not receive one for your records.

Addt'l Information:

The manager's name is Robert and if you do reach him, he is the manager but will not, under any circumstances, issue you any kind of refund. Use the information I've given you as a tool to fight him with. Be smart about it, and you'll win.

The company is located at 3609 N 29th Avenue, Hollywood, Florida 33020. Use this address to send your product back, their shipping department is in the same location as their actual call center.

Good luck.