XM Brands/ACAI capsules / misrepresentation, misinformation, fraud

1 3609 North 29th Avenue, Hollywood, FL, US Review updated:
Phone: 800-440-4397

I ordered a trial bottle of ACAI capsules on 7/6/09, order #2796682 for $4.95 charged to my DFCU M/C. I was told I would not receive another shipment until 9/9/09 and if I wanted to cancel I must call by 9/2/09. In the meantime I received my trial bottle with only 15 capsules (not a full bottle) shipped on 7/7/09. I then received another shipment of 3 bottles of 60 capsules each just after 7/22/09 and $139.97 was charged to my credit card. Since that time I tried at various times to cancel by calling the number given [protected]. I eventually reached a woman by the name of Arlene at ext. 3260 who said I had to be by a computer to cancel. Since I was at work, that was not a possibility and she refused to process my cancellation request. I continued to attempt reaching this company but to no avail. Finally today, 8/18/09, I contacted my credit card company and filed a dispute. I ultimately found a site with similar complaints about this fraudulent company and scam which is why I am filing this report.

Fran Savickis
6964 Norborne
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
[protected]

Comments

• Re
      Aug 18, 2009

XM Labs is a total scam. Stay away from this company. There was a post on here from someone who asked if we could not read the fine print and that it even asks you what you want to pay in the future. Well I am here to tell you that they do NOT ask you anything and they do NOT inform you that you will be billed. I did know that though since I have gotten "free" trials before. XM Labs however do not send you a confirmation email nor do they send you anything but a shipping label with the product. I happened to see the number and tried to call it only to be told that my call would be answered by the next available agent and then it hangs up on you. So tell me how can you CANCEL if you cannot get ahold of anyone???? I disputed the charged with my bank for the $89.97 that came out and have them looking into it. I had to cancel my debit card and get another number so that they cannot access my account again. To all you who got scammed do what I did and dispute it with you bank. They will look into it.