XM Acai / Unauthorized charges

1 5753 Miami Lakes Dr, Miami, FL, US Review updated:
Phone: 8004404397

I have just filed with the BBB and now you regarding this SCAM. XM Brands appeared as an advertisement on Yahoo Home Page.
I provided them my credit card number to take care of the shipping to try their product. They have since charged my card twice $139.97 each time! I have refused all attemps of product delivery. USPS and UPS. I phoned the company to see when I could expect my account to be credited for refused product. They told me that returns go to a different location and that they would not be crediting my account! They would not credit pill products is what I had been told. I informed the girl that I would be filing a complaint with the BBB, etc. and she really didn't care. Apparently their TERMS and CONDITIONS stated something that they feel they are legit. I have disputed these charges with my bank and will document all correspondence. I really want to see these low lives get what they deserve...like jail time!

Comments

• Gl
      Aug 24, 2009

THESE PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK! THEY ABSOLUTELY DESERVE JAILTIME FOR SCAMMING PEOPLE. I ALSO GOT TOOK BY THESE RIP OFF ARTIST! I HOPE EVERYONE FIGURES OUT THAT THIS IS NOT LEGIT. THEY DON'T ADVERTISE THE EXPENSIVE HIDDEN CHARGES BUT THE BAD THING IS WHEN YOU FIGURE THIS OUT ON YOUR ON, THERE IS NO WAY TO GET AHOLD OF THIS COMPANY! THEY DO NOT RESPOND TO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS. I AM FURIOUS!!! I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF FLORIDA. AND I WILL NOT STOP THERE. I INTEND TO DO WHATEVER POSSIBLE TO GET MY DUE JUSTICE!!!

• Mr
      Aug 27, 2009

What I hate is their complete bs in their terms about chargebacks and so-called internet credit:

"9. CHARGE BACKS AND FRAUD FROM OUR MEMBERS.
    We take charge backs very seriously. If a customer charges a purchase back we will place their name, address, zip code, and credit card number into an Internet fraud database. ALL INTERNET CREDIT CARD COMPANIES USE THESE DATABASES TO ACCESS CREDIT RISK WITH CUSTOMERS AND FUTURE PURCHASES WITH OTHER INTERNET COMPANIES MIGHT BE DENIED. We DO NOT have any control over this fraud database. Once you get on these lists it is very difficult to get your name removed from it. BE SMART! DON'T DESTROY YOUR INTERNET CREDIT"

That is completely idiotic and made-up. What a crappy company. You don't need credit to purchase something over the internet. XMBrands is just trying to scare users with its fear tactics.

• Wi
      Sep 01, 2009

Here, I'll help all you guys out and save you some trouble from this company. This is the easiest way to cancel your trial if you have ALREADY been charged.

Log on to http://www.xmorders.com/brf. The company has many extensions on the same site, depending on what they feel is right for the situation.

/bc, /mc are all to cancel, but by submitting those webpages, you are basically agreeing to the charges that were already placed and giving up your right to dispute it with them or your financial institution.
    /mr, /br, /bm are webpages that you are directed to if you want to take a settlement credit, usually of $20 and $30 respectively. If you are directed to this by a representative, please be noted this will NOT cancel you out.

/brf will cancel your account the same day, and your card on file will automatically be issued a refund - a restocking fee of %45 as stated in the terms and conditions. Only use this if you've already tried disputing it with your bank but haven't gotten anywhere with that. Make sure if you're using this webpage, to send the product back, and make sure you get a tracking number as well as confirmation of receipt.

Fill out all the information, making sure your first and last names are correct in the field.

When you get to the CS Rep field, type in only ONE OF THE FOLLOWING. It doesn't matter which you pick, just make sure it's lowercase:

Amy
    Apple
    Robert
    Morris
    Don
    Tonya

When you get to the order number field, type in your order number. It should have came with the confirmation e-mail. It's 7 digits and always begins with a 2. If you don't have your order number, you're screwed.

For the password, your password is always "red" without the quotes. Please make sure you're entering it in with all lower-case characters.

Your digital signature IS legally binding so make sure you're on the right page before you submit anything.

Make every attempt at the best of your ability to call the company at [protected] once you've done this to confirm your cancellation, as you do not receive one for your records.

Addt'l Information:

The manager's name is Robert and if you do reach him, he is the manager but will not, under any circumstances, issue you any kind of refund. Use the information I've given you as a tool to fight him with. Be smart about it, and you'll win.

The company is located at 3609 N 29th Avenue, Hollywood, Florida 33020. Use this address to send your product back, their shipping department is in the same location as their actual call center.

Good luck.

• Tg
      Sep 10, 2009

I have had the same problems here.I appreciate all the feed back given.I went to my credit card company and they have closed this account.I don't know if I will get any money back other than the $5o offered but I want to get the word out about this scam!

• Rn
      Sep 15, 2009

Received an order I did not want. I had gone to the website and filled in my information for the free 2

week supply. Neglected to read about cancelling in 10 days so got the product. Called immediately when my

account was charged the 139.00. Took the 30.00 credit and was told I was through with these people and

product. Was just charged another 109.97 for more product I do not want and was told I needed to cancel

Sept 14 or I would receive another supply. I was NEVER told by anyone to cancel by that date. They

refuse to give me my money back, but did offer a 20.00 credit. I am changing my banking information

to prevent this company from furthing ripping me off and in hopes this and other complaints will help

stop this company from ripping other people off.