xelentstaffing / fraud

25 water st.
Phone: 718 877-5187
This so called staffing agency promises full-time permanent job placement. You first have to pay upfront $50 money order or cash for a bogus background check. They ask for two forms of i.d. one of they being my social security number and drivers licence. The next step is come in as soon as possible and pay ANOTHER $50 placement fee. They tell you if you're serious come in as soon as possible. The jobs in your field pay as high as $18 an hour. BOGUS!! I tried looking up their website all over and couldn't find it. My gut was telling me this is too good to be true. I went in anyway. I didn't go in for placement felt something was funny about their office. There are no signs anywhere. Its as if they could just pack up and run! They have two small 7X8 offices nothing about it says that they are their long term. Ms. Jones called me and said she got my telephone number and that I was interested in a job and that I should bring my resume with me. I asked her why I should I bring it if she has it. She gave me a shady answer. That's all I can remember. You can't even find them on yahoo. They gave me too many signs and my gut was just telling me somethin ain't right. Glad I they didnt get my last $50 buck.

N  15th of Apr, 2009 by
I have filed a complaint with the Department of Consumer Affairs regarding Xelent Staffing. I was told by DCA, that Xelent Staffing is not licensed to operate as an employment agency, and therefore, DCA can't take any legal action against Xelent. DCA said, that I would have to take Xelent to Court to recovery my money. I was also told by the DCA representative, that DCA will vist the offices of Xelent and fine the company. He further informed me, that DCA attempted to call Xelent on many times without success. Xelent Staffing is made up of a group on conmen and con-women, led by Kenson Hunte and company. Please do not do any transactions with Xelent Staffing.