Xbox Liveunprofessionalism

I am billed each month on the 15th for my subscription to xbox live to play online with my kids. I got up early today to change from 1 month to 3 months so I didn't have to pay each month, I noticed after changing my billing on the xbox that I had already paid the 1 month subscription of 7.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Riverside, CA99 and I called them to ask them to "extend" my account for the months I have now paid for which is 4 months and the supervisor Patrick told me too bad that I should have changed it on the 13th because that's the day I signed up and not the 15 when the money is actually taken out of the account and he would not give me a refund for the 7.99, I told him I did not want one that I just wanted the 4 months I paid for and he refused, said I would be billed again in Aug. for another 3 mths. I asked him if he has ever gone to the grocery store piad for his food and then the cashier told him, "no sorry, you can only take half of your food you paid for" this is basically the same thing and he still refused and I then told him that I would be putting a stop payment on the 19.99 I just paid and he said I couldn't because it was already paid. so I called the bank and they said for me to fax in a dispute letter explaining what took place so I did.

Comments

• Co
      Jun 11, 2008
    Xbox Live - person poseing as xbox

I was kicked off of xbox because a kid thought it might be funny to pose as a xbox hack attacker. He also accused me of hacking into games for points. He said I was showing inappropriate pictures to under age children. I dont even have a camera on my xbox. why are people aloud to go on xbox and tell lies and then the other person gets kicked off for no reason?
    I hope you people have a talk with this kid. Its not very funny when you get kicked off for no reason.

These are the two different gamer tags that this guy used when he sent me messages

Xx PHX SUNS xX

L1TTLE CAESARS

These are the two referance #s that were given to me when I made the report about this incedent

I trust that this will be dealt with as soon as possible.

• Ga
      Jul 17, 2009
    Xbox Live - Racist Gamers
    Indiana

It is unbelievable of all the racial talk that goes on in xbox live especially playing COD (anyone doesn't matter), and it seems like microsoft isn't doing anything to atleast try to resolve this serious problem. I know that cant be on every game and police who's on, but atleast address it so people know it won't or shouldn't be tolerated. I am extremely upset because I have 9 yr old boys who play online that hear that crap rather its directed at them or someone else. Sad thing is I heard the racism coming from older males all the way down to 12-14 yr old kids. We paid, and still pay (for xbox live) entirely to much money to have to sit back and just take it, the complaint form on live is a joke I'm sure it never gets looked at. In case someone from microsoft or whoever deals with xbox live sees this I still have the message one of this racist sent me which all he does is repeatedly calls me the "N" word. But I'm sure microsoft is making to much money to even give a damn about a man and his two boys being called the "N" word. Shame because it can be really fun until the racism starts, and its pretty much a garuntee that it will start. Oh well probably better of getting a Wii anyways.

Jul 25, 2009

First of all, it IS sad that your sons hear that type of conversation...but...
    maybe don't let your 9 year old play on xbox live? Maybe they should just play the single-player mode. Maybe get them a book or make them go outside?

Further more, I'll take the complaints about the "N" word seriously when rappers and (mostly)young black people use it as a friendly term amongst eachother. Why aren't you writing a complaint about your children watching MTV or BET where rappers sing about selling drugs and pimping hoes...yea, it's the Xbox's fault your kids are hearing negative things.

• Ze
      Sep 01, 2009
    Xbox Live - Charges on Credit card
    Kentucky

Have been getting charges from XBox livebill.ms.net on credit card statement. Cannot get an answer on why there are so many charges for this. I have 7 different charges for this and need to know who to call to get them to quit putting this on my credit card.

• Jr
      Sep 01, 2009

How about calling the Xbox Live customer support?
    Maybe you have automated payment when you buy stuff like MS points(?) to buy arcade games, and forgot?

• St
      Sep 03, 2009

Ummm...your Xbox 360 is equipped with a nice feature called "Parental Controls". It allows you to precisely control what a given "gamertag" is allowed to do. One of those controls allows you to block any communications (other than the actual game interaction) so that they won't hear any discussion between players. I read the manual...did you?

• Ta
      Oct 13, 2009

I agree with you... i just beat a guy on pro evo...just becaused i scored a awesome goal and wanted to replay it he called me a "fukin paki" microsoft are useless..i hace filed as many complaints as possible and i will be contact microsft!!!

• Da
      Jun 20, 2010
    Xbox Live - billing my bank account
    home
    15975 Holland Rd
    Brookpark
    Ohio
    Phone: [protected]

Hi my bank account was changed i set up xbox live once for my son it ask for a bank account number i do not want my son having acess to my account on his xbox to order games can you close off any more acess for me here are the 2 charges both charges were on the 18th of June Memo: $4;99 MICROSOFT *XBOX BILL.MS.NET WA 0247 that is one here is he other can u help me with this matter $9.99
    Memo: MICROSOFT *XBOX BILL.MS.NET WA 0247

• Ra
      Jun 20, 2010

First off, this is the internet not "Txt tlk wrld fr the 1337".
    Second, It's probably your son buying something. Not the company. Do the math. 13-15 year old+ Xbox live gold= SPENDING MONEY WITHOUT PERMISSION.

• Bo
      Jun 21, 2010

I buy xbox live points to play thru internet in last 4 month ago and I still receive my credit card bill from microsoft xboxlive which I did not authorize

• Lo
      Nov 19, 2010
    Xbox Live - Verification of expenses charged to credit card
    Xbox live
    38787 Seagull Road
    Selbyville DE
    Phone: [protected]

There has been many extra charges to my credit card for which is more than expected. I am not understanding how these charges occured. 11/15/10-$7.99; 11/12/10; $9.99; 11/8/10, $7.99; 10/14/10-$7.99; 10/13/10- $7.99; 9/27/10-$19.99; 9/27/10-$19.99; 9/15/10-$7.99; 9/13/10-$7.99. I think some our legitamate charges for use of service but others are not. I would like to discuss these charges.

• Ry
      Dec 21, 2010
    Xbox Live - All my friends erased over suspension of credit card?
    Hialeah
    Florida

One day, as usual, I go on xbox live to play with my friends. I go to check who's on, but I see I have no friends when just the day before I had 98 friends. Then I am signed out of xbox live automatically because my credit card was suspended. I go to friend request my friends, but it says that the message could not be sent AND that my family settings restricted it, yet I have no family settings. I am really confused.

Mar 18, 2011
    Xbox Live - Family Plan
    xboxlive.com

They have this great family plan and if you want to save money its great. The year subscription are like $59.99 a year but with this plan its $99.99 for 4 accounts a year. While the price is awesome the plan it self is problems. The primary account is the only one wroth having. The other 3 account you can not do the following: 1. buy Microsoft points, 2. download certain kinds of content, 3. control your settings. Those are the top three issues. Now its good if the account belongs to a child, but what if it belongs to an adult. They need to have an option that give the primary a way to give control over to the person who controls the account. For example: My husband has the main account and his 34 I have the 2nd account and I am 36 our son has 1 account and he is 18 and our daughter has the other and she is 14. My account and my son's should not have any of these issues since we are over 18. XBOX NEEDS TO FIX THIS NOW!!!

• Be
      May 10, 2011
    Xbox Live - Unauthorized Charges to Credit Card
    Microsoft Xbox Live

I recently noticed numerous charges to my credit card from Microsoft Zune that were not authorized by myself. I want them removed immediately.

•   May 10, 2011

What does this have to do with Xbox Live?

• Pe
      Aug 15, 2011

charges to my discover card in the amounts of 4.99, 4.99, 19.99, 49.99 in the total 79.96 not authorized charges that need to be reversed . I paid for a year subscription to X box live and i am continued to be billed different charges i would also like to have my credit card pulled from this account so you will not charge me any more . Please contact me about this problem and your solution as soon as possible

Pete Dragaloski

• Mo
      Aug 18, 2011
    Xbox Live - Removing Credit Card
    Florida

Background: Early in 2017 the Playstation online gaming network was hacked and out of service for several weeks; it was later reported over 70 million accounts had been compromised...including their credit card information. Because of the Playstation fiasco I made a note to remove my credit card number from the Xbox Live gaming network; I keep my credit card online with Xbox Live so my annual renewal is 'automatic'; also it makes buying new maps and such REALLY easy!

First inconvenience: You CAN ADD the credit card number to Xbox Live through the Xbox 360; you CANNOT REMOVE the credit card number the same way...you MUST call Xbox Live to do this.

Second inconvenience: I called and had my credit card number removed from Xbox Live; however, several months later I went to buy some new maps for Call of Duty and MY CREDIT CARD number popped up as one of the payment options!

Third inconvenience: I called Xbox Live again to remove my credit card number (they had no record of my previous call!). This time they said that, since I had 8 months left on my annual membership, I would HAVE to transfer my Xbox Live credits (8 months worth) to their Xbox Live website MYSELF! They gave me several codes, about 18 digits long, that I had to 'redeem' at the Xbox Live website; it was NOT easy!

Major problem: I believe Xbox Live is making 'credit card removal' insanely difficult intentionally. I believe the reason is they DO NOT WANT their hundreds of millions of users to remove their easiest method of buying Xbox Live products...the credit card.

Dec 05, 2011

I payment was taken from my account on 12/5 for $49.95. Could you please tell me what this is for?

• Re
      Dec 05, 2011

it was for aggravation fee
    next month the $89.95 fee is going to be for abortion rights

Dec 07, 2011

Please explain what these fees are. What is an aggravation fee and an abortion rights fee?

Feb 18, 2012
    Xbox Live - Billing
    MicroSoft
    Indiana

I called to have my credit card removed from my account in October 2017 and was assured that this was done. Now I find a charge for a Zune Pass subscription that my boys signed up for without my knowledge using the same card that was supposed to be removed. The customer service rep. I spoke with tells me that the card is now removed (again) from the account and the recurring charge is removed. But the charge that already came through would not be reversed! Apparently MicroSoft can't get their service straight. I will tell everyone I know not to ever give out your financial information to MicroSoft because it will not be safe from charges even after you have removed it from their system. After spending 4 hours on the phone over 2 days and getting the run around. Being transferred from one dept. to another over and over again told that it's not my dept. you need to speak with you need to call this number or that person. For all of my trouble and wasted time I would at least expect the company to have the decency to refund the charge. The lady on the phone even went as far as to insinuate that I had put my credit card number back in to the xbox and agree to the Zune Pass on an Xbox 360 that I never play. I am completely disgusted and am seriously considering deleting our families xbox live account!

• Ho
      Jul 19, 2012
    Xbox Live - HACKED
    Florida

Been hacked and they took all of my points and Microsoft does nothing to stop this...It has been going on since JAN 2017...They are hacking threw FIFA 12...If you get his and all of your points are gone you have been hacked...If you want to buy something on LIVE just buy and use the points you need don't let points build up...Microsoft is doing nothing to stop this hack...I am getting a PS 3 and getting rid of the xbox...Microsoft will not refund my points so they can get lost...

Jul 01, 2013

so many similar issues now thay want me to pay for tower defence and i am gold m no help from customer service aus

Jul 01, 2013

we dont deserve this cant some it guy create a alternative os to windows in 2017 or is this hitler all over again

• La
      Jul 08, 2013

Same thing happened too me, get an old card that you dont use anymore and use it as a current payment option. the only way too delete your cards info on xbox is if you had another card issued too it or you delete the account entirely.