Xbox Live / illegal credit card charges

1 CA, United States Review updated:

In July 2008 my son signed up for Xbox Live using my debit card without my permission. i called support and cancelled, but still received charges for months after. I called every month to complain and eventually they said they would mark the account so my son could never sign up using a credit card again.

Guess what, In November 2008 my card starts being charged again. My son had not used the card this time, but had instead signed up using a "free month coupon" he received in a game purchase. BUT, Xbox started charging the same card on his account, the same account they knew darn well had been charged illegally before.

Watch out Xbox Live members. Even if you cancel, you may see the charges start up again months later.

BEWARE OF XBOX, they are ripping people off and illegally charging credit cards.

Comments

• So
      1st of Jul, 2013

me too i feel powerless and cheated hex from good game said " such a great time to be a gamer " well not unless you sell your soul to Microsoft they just seem not to car about good old fashioned family values example MAXIM AS A APP, FABLE AS FREE GAME RATED MATURE WITH STRONG HOMOSEXUAL AND SEXUAL THEMES THERE'S EVEN A ACHIEVEMENT FOR KILLING THOSE YOU LOVE IN THE GAME, NON SERVICE I FEEL THEY ARE JUST MOCKING ME AND IF YOU SAW E3 JUST LOOK AT THE BODY LANGUAGE OF THE MICROSOFT REPS THEY WERE NERVOUS AS THAT'S IN MY OPINION A REFLECTION ON THE LADDER CLIMBING DEPRAVED CULTURE AT MICROSOFT XBOX AND IT SEEMS THERE ALLOWING HACKERS IN THE PASS CODE WHY NO UTILIZE ALL THE CONTROLLER BUTTONS, IF I FORGET I CAN GUESS MY PASS CODE THROUGH A PROCESS OF ELIMINATION XBOX ARE EVIL

• So
      1st of Jul, 2013

ITS A HOPELESS BATTLE JUST WAIT FOR THE RAPTURE DOWN WITH XBOX

• La
      8th of Jul, 2013

get one of your old cards and put it as a current payment option that should solve your problem i had the same thing happen too me.