Xbox Live / cancelled gold subscription

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

XBOX Live cancelled my son's 13 month Xbox Live Gold subscription after 2 days! Apparently someone phoned and told them to lock his account and gave them the correct details of our subscription code. I told them that they obviously did not have proof of payment because I had that - but they would not listen and after 5 hours on the telephone to them - they will not refund the money or replace the 13 month subscription - they are rip off merchants! To do this to children is despicable.

Wi

Comments

• Te
      6th of Feb, 2009

YEAH, THEY HAVE SENT NUMEROUS CODES OUT THAT SIMPLY DO NOT WORK, SORRY THIS HAD TO HAPPEN TO YOU MAN BUT MICROSOFT SUCK!! IT REALLY COULDNT BE PLAINER... TO PAY A FORTUNE FOR SOMETHING THAT THEY WILL USUALLY TAKE OFF YOU IS BULL CRAP

• Up
      13th of May, 2013

The same thing just happened to my son's Xbox. Apparently, a month after I paid for the 12 month subscription someone called Microsoft and had the Live Gold not only cancelled but the remaining months transfered to another console. And when I called Microsoft they said that it's not possible for someone to get all the information needed to cancel the subscription without me knowing about it. As if I was trying to get over or something. Then they said they would have to do an investigation. I said good but in the meantime my child's out of a service that was paid for. They were suppose to get back to within 2 days. It's been over a month. So I called back and got the run around again. Microsoft makes so many billions how can they not have a better hack-proof system and better customer service?