XaniThin3 / unauthorizedbilling

1 Westerly, RI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 401596-0798

I was charged $88.55 for a bottle of xanithin3 which I did not authorize after receiving my trial bottle for $4.95. I don't want anymore because the capsules do not agree with me and I want my $88.55 returned to me and I'll have nothing more to do with this company that I thought was legit!

More XaniThin3 Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Di
      18th of Jan, 2009

same thing happened to me.

• Be
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I too had the exact same problem. I ordered my FREE bottle and my credit card was charged $4.95 for shipping. Ten days later (not 30) I was charged $88.95 for ANOTHER bottle! I had not even recieved my FREE trial yet! There was no chance to decide if I WANTED to buy another one! This is a total SCAM! Even IF the product is good (which I wasn't given an opportunity to judge) I wouldn't want to deal with these crooks. I've since gotten another credit card to make sure they don't continue to charge me. You may need to do the same...the buiness practice of this company is unscrupulous!

• Sp
      6th of Feb, 2009

Exactly, After I hadn't received my free sample, I became a little more curious about their product. Upon checking up on it I found a few websites that had absolutely nothing good to say about their product. I then sent an e-mail seven days after I ordered the trial offer requesting to cancel my order immediately, so that I too wouldn't be a victim of their corruptness. What do you know, they still charged me 88.55 to my card. I was furious, I called the customer service line, after being on hold for 30 minutes, I demanded my money back, they a-hole on the other line said that they do not give refunds, go figure! How can companies get away with this b.s. now I'm stuck at a point where I wanna take these thieves down. Do you think that the better business bureau could do anything about this scamming...

• Cl
      9th of Feb, 2009

same thing happened to me. I received the sample bottle Saturday Feb 7 2009 and was charged 88.55 on Feb. 8 2009!

• Cl
      9th of Feb, 2009

I just filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau and hopefully they can help... I recommend you guys all also file a claim and then if enough complaints come through about this company they will shut them down or make them change their policies.

• Ir
      27th of Feb, 2009

I received a call from from credit card company reporting that Xanithin was trying to bill me for the same $88.55 . the best thing to do is call and cancel that credit card. this company is a definite scam. Report them also to the BBB

• Ap
      11th of Mar, 2009

I DID THE SAME THING ... ORDERED THE FREE TRIAL FOR $4.95 AND WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT RECEIVING IT AND STARTING IT, BUT MUCH TO MY SURPRISE THE BOTTLE NEVER CAME AND I GOT A BILL FOR $88.95. GOOD THING MY CREDIT CARD IS A PRE PAID ONE. THEY TURNED THEM DOWN BECAUSE I WAS SCARED SOMETHING LIKE THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN I DIDN'T RECEIVE THE FREE TRIAL, AND I MADE SURE THAT THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH MONEY ON THERE FOR THEM TO TAKE IT FROM ME. I HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED AN EMAIL OR ANYTHING FROM THEM ABOUT THE PRODUCT. SO EVEN IF I WERE TO GET IT AND LIKE IT HOW WOULD I HAVE LET THEM KNOW THAT I WANTED TO SUBSCRIBE. THEY ARE SCAM ARTIST AND TAKE MONEY THAT THEY ACTUALLY HAVE NO RIGHTS TO. PEOPLE LIKE THIS SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH SOME KIND OF FRAUD AND DEALT WITH THE WAY ANY PERSON WOULD BE DEALT WITH DOING FRAUDULANT THINGS. ANYWAY I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE!!!

• Gt
      20th of Mar, 2009

I too ordered the trial for $4.95 and was debited twice on my debit card but thanx to the comments I canceled my debit card before I was charged $88.55 and I ordered a new card. I had to call the 800 number on the back of my debit card per the banks instructions. The number for this Xanithin3 company is 1-866-951-1393.

20th of Mar, 2009

same..ordered from Canada and it was supposed to be acai...bottle does not look same. Ordered the sample..never arrived..that was Feb 3rd. Noted a charge on my Visa on Feb 13 for $88.55 US equalling to $112.55..OMG expensive. Called and told them did not appreciate a charge when I have not received a trial bottle first. The CS rep told me he would be sending me the lost bottle. I told him I did not apprciate the charge and did not want additional charges appearing in future. Please do not order samples of any product(s) as I believe most of these companies are GUILTY of doing same thing. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY and be wary in future.

• Ka
      25th of Mar, 2009

Same thing happened to me too. Is there a way to contact and complain althought im sure it won't do any good. I will think twice again before ordering a product again. Thanks for the 1800 number.

• Up
      27th of Apr, 2009

it happen to me to i just sent a complaint to bbb every one needs to get on bbb.com and send a complaint and maybe we will get our money back.

22nd of Jun, 2009

I too have had the exact same thing happen. I accepted the "risk free" trial bottle and paid the $4.95 S&H. I recieved a second bottle later and wondered why they sent it to me. I recieved a third bottle today and then checked my account to see they had charged me $88.55 for the last two months!!!

I immediately researched Xantin3 to get a hold of customer servies. I spoke to Terry who said she was a third party customer service rep. She advized me that the "Terms and Conditions" clearly state that if I did not call and cancel within 10 days of recieving the first bottle, I authorized them to automatically bill my account each month for $88.55 and send me more bottles. My bad for not reading the fine print but it is still misrepresentation to call the trail bottle "RISK FREE". What can be done about it?

Very Angry!!

• Je
      7th of Jul, 2009

i'm so pissed right now ... just like the rest of you i got my trial, but they charged me two trails and i didn't get the second bottle.
    NOW, the 1.866 number to call for customer service just happens to be another company now, which she could barely even speak english!
    ahhh!

• Je
      11th of Jul, 2009

Hi! Same thing here i never recieved the product charged my account and several other things bounced.
    So my $4.95 turned into $200.00 and havnt even recieved a bottle.
    There must be something we can do.
    As a collective maybe?
    Call a lawyer and give them all our stories. surely there must be something that can be done.
    There must be more of us.
    just an idea.
    thanks

• De
      13th of Jul, 2009

same thing happened to me. $88.55 was taken from my bank account after not even a week. I didn't even have time to see if I liked the product or not before the amount was debited from my account. They told me I would have to wait to get the product before I could get my money back and still can't get anywhere with that. I was left on hold and given 2-3 different phone numbers to call. They take all your personal information, phone numbers, email address, etc and then after 20 minutes tell you they don't handle that particular product. How do people get away with this? Now that I see it's happened to so many others it really sickens me. This xanithin3 is a bunch of crap and doesn't do anything to help you lose weight.

• Ry
      16th of Jul, 2009

Wow, I don't know if it makes me feel better or worse to see that I'm in the same boat.
    I received the trial and then all of a sudden received another larger bottle, but I have been charged twice!
    I called in to the call center, which the operators could not speak English and I was given a bogus number.
    I called in again and the same thing happened, the third time I asked for a supervisor and after a few minutes of garbage they hung up on me, telling me to check the website.
    This is so bogus.

• 2r
      31st of Jul, 2009

The same thing happened to me, I received the free trial and a day later was charged the $88.55! 2 days later I received the second bottle. I immediately called customer service to cancel and received the RGA Process Number and an address to send it to. They assured me that I would receive my refund in about 7-10 business days. I waited 14 days before calling again. I sent it back certified mail so I know they received it. The guy I spoke with said that they received it but he wasn't sure why the refund wasn't processed so he attempted to re-process it. Now I have tried calling back 3 times today and keep getting told to call the same number and maybe they will pick up since it is a shared customer service line. Unbelievable! Clearly that is why they do not take AmEx because AmEx would go after them!

• Al
      4th of Aug, 2009

i had the same damn problem. this company is a defraud and personal info theft. I had received the free trial and they shipped me 2 small bottles and charged me $177 from my account. I wonder how the ### they took my personal info. we have to do something about it.

• De
      4th of Aug, 2009

I just wanted to let you know that I did complain to the Better Business Bureau and have not heard a reply. But I called my Bank and they said if I come into the Bank that Mastercard will go after Xanithin to get the money back. That's what I'm going to try next.