X-Treme Scooters / Do NOT buy this product - read the BBB report

Original Business Start Date: January 1999
Local Start Date: January 2001
Principal: Cathy Debruyn, Customer Care Manager
Customer Contact: Cathy Debruyn, Customer Care Manager - [protected] or customercare@alphaproductsintl.com
Email Address: customercare@alphaproductsintl.com
Incorporated: January 1999, IA
TOB Classification: Mail Order & Catalog Shopping, General Merchandise-Wholesale
BBB Membership: This company is not a member.

Additional DBA Names

Alpha Products International
A.P.I.
American Flags Wholesale

Nature Of Business

The company imports various types of pocket bikes, electric and gas scooters to sell the products to store fronts and Internet dealers. The company also imports various products for wholesale sales.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record
BBB Definition:

Unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the Bureau is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern
BBB Definition:

Pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.

Of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.

Of complaints involve product quality and difficulty obtaining proper support or assistance once the product is received.

Consumer complaints primarily allege that their scooter arrives either defective or damaged. Several consumers have stated that their scooter appeared to be used upon arrival. Other consumers have stated that the quality is so poor that the parts break after a short period of use.

Service issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.

Consumers allege that after contacting technical or customer support, the delivery of promised parts is delayed or never received. Once received, there are allegations that the parts are defective, incompatible or broken. Refunds or exchanges are generally denied, as the company relies on terms of their Warranty and Refund Policy.

Complaints against this company are now being forward to the Iowa Attorney General's office.
Iowa Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division
1300 East Walnut
Des Moines, IA 50319
Attention: Steve Switzer

The Bureau processed a total of 122 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 122 complaints closed in 36 months, 64 were closed in the last year.

Additional company management personnel include:

Ms Lecia Haggard - Owner
Mr Greg Meske - Owner/Partner

Additional Fax Numbers, and Email Addresses

Additional Fax Numbers
Fax: [protected]

Additional Email Addresses
leciah@alphaproductsintl.com

Comments

• Sp
      18th of May, 2008

My package came without a palet, the box was torn open in both sides, the foam and parts were thrown like trash and parts were damaged. The box looked like it came from the trash can and full of trash inside. This was not in their policy.

• Bi
      7th of Jul, 2008

i bought an x-treme scooter and it never worked i spent more money repairing it than i spent on it and it still never worked save your money dont buy one

• Ri
      11th of Nov, 2008

What a piece of junk. I bought an xtreme-2000 over a year ago. IT took them several months to send a registration and when they did it was the wrong one. Now the throttle went bad after 45 miles and they tell me tough luck they stopped making them and there are no more parts. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, I WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE AGAIN. Lesson learned. feel free to email me anytime at xtremescooternightmare@yahoo.com

Really, it's junk

• Pr
      21st of Nov, 2008

I purchased an xm-3000 scooter and within 2 months the rear motor had burned out. It took them over 2 months to get a new motor to me. After I put in the new motor, the charger burned up about 2 weeks later. It took them almost a month to ship out a replacement. This was apparently lost by Fedex and they refused to ship another until they received pmt for the lost one from Fedex. So I could use the scooter I went ahead and purchased an additional charger (at my cost-$100) so they could ship one out right away. I figured it's worth it to have use of the scooter and it never hurts to have an extra charger (in particular with this product - word to the wise). They did ship out the charger I purchased but when it arrived, it was obvious that the assembler had forced IC chip into the housing which of course broke the charger. I contacted them and informed them of the problem and they demanded I send them the old charger first. It's now been over 2 months since the first lost charger claim was filed with Fedex. X-treme indicates they haven't received payment but Fedex indicates the check was cashed over 2 weeks ago. At this point I've decided to file a consumer fraud complaint with the state attorney general and also a small claims suit against the company (or which there are many according to public records). The company has been unresponsive to my attempts to resolve this issue. This is not only a public fraud issue but also a public safety issue. Being an electrical engineer, I can tell you without doubt that if I had plugged in the 2nd busted charger I would have most certainly electrocuted myself. Fortuntely I had the common sense when I heard things rattling around inside the case to take it apart and look at it instead of just plugging it in. Then they would be looking at a much larger law suit. I'm sure it will happen to someone eventually though. If anyone is interested in seeing the pictures of the electronics fried inside the charger, email me and I can send them to you. Please do yourself a favor and do not do business with this company. You will be sorely disappointed and much lighter in the pocket because of it. This I can guarantee.

• Li
      27th of May, 2009

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Complete Made-in-China Junk

My x-600 arrived broken, flat tires... new batteries cost over $100!!!

The bolts stripped out of the frame and the seat broke off after 1 use.

If you want one of these scooters... just walk outside and throw your money in the rubbish.. or mail your money to me.. I can use it.

• Li
      27th of May, 2009

Today I went to the garbage dump. I took my brand new $600 X-600 txreme scooter and threw it in the dumpster. ouch.. that hurt.

As I was pulling out.. another guy pulled in and threw his X-treme scooter in the dump. We both looked at each other and started laughing.

He siad.. "I see you got burned too! " I sad, "Ya... not so funny at $600.00.

Live and learn..