x-infinity / defective PC and not all parts sent

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Purchased a PC for $918 and it was defective on arrival an in review of the parts in the PC many peices were missing that were paid extra for

8 Gig RAM not sent (2 gig generic installed)
Blue cath tube not purchased
hard drive cooler not installed
virus scanner not included

In addition to the missing peices - it appears that mother board is bad and will not post to bios so can't even run diagnostic etc after 2 days.

I have called 20+ times, emailed, 15 times called my credit card company and no resolution. Next step is a lawyer

I am out $918 for a PC and no support, no RMA, no emails returned, no call backs

Bb

Comments

• Wh
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I wish I had read this before doing business with this company. I purchased a system from them for $1000 plus. Back in the early 90's I purchased a system from PC-Infinity. It was well built and they corrected the only problem I had immediately. I've been doing all my own building up until having an accident leaving me disabled and unable to build my own systems. I decided they did a good job before, the site looks professional and the prices looked fair. This coupled with a 3 year parts and labor warranty look like a no brainer. All went well until 6 months after receiving my system. It would no longer power up. I narrowed it down to the system board and had to return it for repairs. They kept it for 3 months and finally after daily unanswered phone calls someone said hello. I explained my displeasure with the handling of my problem and the promised to install a new system board and return it the following week. I received it well packed and looking shiny and new. I plugged it in, hit the power switch and received one long followed by four short beeps, nothing more. Opened the trusty ASUS manual and read "Hardware error detected". I called them and got no answer. That has been the result every day since then. Finally, with my wife's nimble fingers andd me pointing we opened the case and found:

1) A noname 420 watt PS in place of the CoolMax 500 watt on my invoice.
    2) A Geforce 9400 GT in place of the 8600 GT on the invoice. This wouldn't have been an issue with me if the fan had been so full of dust bunnies that it wouldn't spin up.
    3) The CPU fan wouldn't spin. It was physically damaged.

Don't do business with these people.

• Je
      29th of Apr, 2012
    x-infinity - Sale bad computers and dont stand behind them
    x-infinity
    4970 University dr. Lauderhill, FL 33351
    Lauderhill
    Florida
    Phone: 8664221841

On 10-31-2011 i bought a computer from x-infinity, when i received it it did not come with the software i ordered.then a few days latter the hard drive went bad, I contacted them by phone and was told to send the hard drive back to them and they would replace it.I sent it registered mail to them, i gave them till the 1st week of january 2012 and never heard from them.I called them they said they sent it out that day so i cave them the rest of the week to receive it never came.called them again they said they would send it out that week again this went on for 2 months, so i started calling them every week then i guess they recognized my phone number and would not answer the phone form then on
    I highly recommend that if your looking to buy a computer do not buy from X-Infinity they will not warranty there product