Wyzant — the wyzant registration process is misleading, unethical
Wyzant is one of those companies that spams you with emails if you end your registration process early. I got emails from them for like a month while I was finishing my last semester of college. I finally get around to completing my registration, and invest a good deal of time and emotions passing all the 'subjects' tests. I fill out the 'short bio' field, which is to be displayed to students. There is a notice stating that I would have a limited number of opportunities to change it.
Long story short: I get a notice of rejection after my bio wasn't accepted the third time.
What I'm so angry about is that I was under no impression that I was being vetted and facing a hard cutoff. There should have been a more precise advisory along the lines of "You will have three and only three tries, else you will be rejected." I thought this process was a shoe-in to which I could return afterwards to hone my presentation.
More Wyzant Complaints & Reviews
- Wyzant.com - They are a horrible company and I urge any who wish to tutor not to bother with these scam artists 
- Wyzant.com - A complete and utter waste of time 
- Wyzant.com - They deactivated my account... won't tell me why 
- Wyzant.com - Stay away from these rip off site 
- Wyzant.com - Stay away from this website
- Wyzant.com - Arbitrary review board removes you from tutor list with no good reason.
- Wyzant - deactivated my account 
- Wyzant.com - No Real Job Here 
- Wyzant.com - Would not recommend to anyone 
- Wyzant.com - Abusive clause and potentially discriminatory practices