www.yougov.vom / Scam: No compensation for opinion polls and surveys

1 285 Hamilton Avenue, Suite 200Palo Alto, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: is not available

YouGov COMPLETELY dishonest and unprofessional! SCAM.
Online polling and surveys.

I have been taking surveys from yougov for quite some time. I am owed $100 after being a panel member for YEARS, since when I was in college. I have taken a great deal of time and effort to get some kind of satisfaction from yougov, but to no avail. My account states:

Cheque No. Date Paid Amount Paid
2021 1/26/2009 $50.00
94 9/30/2008 $50.00

Yet I have not been compensated.

I finally got an e-mail from an Emily Young (attached below) stating my check was coming to me in five weeks because they were experiencing a delay. This was sent to me 02/16/09. It is now May of 2009.

Under the 'My Details' tab, there isn't even anywhere to enter a mailing address or futher information about yourself. So how could YouGov have mailed these alleged checks? I e-mailed a young lady named Kirsty Marshall (e-mail attached below) who said she forwarded my information and then politely asked how I got her contact information.

I am exceedingly frustrated that I have wasted time and effort. How can a panel ignore their panelists like this? I feel cheated and unappreciated. Like I fell for the oldest trick in the book. What am I supposed to do at this point? Where do I go next?

Comments

25th of Nov, 2009

I absolutely agree with poster: I have been a YouGov UK member for over two years and now that I am approaching my "reward" points level, none of the surveys I take will credit my account!

I have sent several letters to customer "service" and have only received a canned response. I see from other comments on the net that actually getting YouGov to pay up is a recreational impossibility.

• Bf
      11th of Sep, 2010

Well. I seem to get checks just fine. Perhaps these two folks are kind of stupid? So far, I've received $100 cash, a gift card for $50 dinner and an Ipod shuffle.

It's not that hard to redeem, but you do need to be able to recite your home address by heart. Maybe their mommies can help them?

• Ds
      2nd of Jan, 2012

@B Foster... BS there is no way in hell u have received what u claim w/ YG...As my fellow psters indicated above I have been a member for WELL OVER 4 years & take their GD surveys daily and I'm STILL only 55, 000 I have another 30, 000 to go for the Ipod or I could get one of those NIFTY AWESOME (not) T-shirts w/ YouGov splashed across the front of it >:(

• Bf
      2nd of Jan, 2012

Well, dstrattenfan, I'm sitting here looking at the webcam I just got from them 3 weeks ago. Don't know what to tell you. Microsoft Life Cam. Not as nice as I'd hoped- but it's adequate.

Review your account- you must be doing something wrong.