www.tvDVDstore.net / Pirated Copies & Totally Illegal

www.dvdmediastar.com
www.tvdvdstore.net
www.powerdvdstore.com

The Web site you see above are illegal sites all the same but under different names i recently brough a box set from the TVDVDSTORE and it has come from China, it is not reputable merchant quality and is totally illegal. i have payed via paypal and opened a dispute agaisnt the so called company. He calls himself mike this may only be one of many names his details are as follows:

The Details below are from the www.tvdvdstore.net im not sure if they would be the same for www.dvdmediastar.com
www.powerdvdstore.com

**Business Name: Ballykea NetBusiness Group
Email: liamg@indigo.ie
Payment Sent to: stormsales@gmail.com

these above details**are the main details from my transaction to the TVDVDSTORE...BEWARE!!!

this is not a legitimate company stay well clear, he is breaking the law and only deals with pirated copies

More www.tvDVDstore.net Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      24th of May, 2008

I agree I recently bought the Mission impossible complete seasons and these are bootleg dvds not very good and some of them are the same dvds. Stay away from these people.

• Ca
      26th of May, 2008

I had exactly the same experience with the TVDVDStore. The DVDs came from China, were copied illegally from a home TV and most of the them do not play at all on my DVD players. The e-mail responses I have received from the company are from "Mike" and are just form letters. He has not provided any legitimate response to my inquiries and request for a full refund, per their stated policy. In looking at several other web sites, it does appear many are operating under different names but are the same company - TVDVD World, Ultimate DVD shop, etc., as well as the ones noted above. Contact your credit card company and try to work through them to obtain your refund. They should be able to reverse the charge, plus a fine. This is a scam and these companies need to put out of business.

• Jf
      3rd of Jun, 2008

COMPLETE RIP-OFF…
    I bought 'Judging Amy' from POWERDVDSTORE.COM - 138 episodes on 20 DVD discs at US$ 86.95 + shipping = US$ 104.34.
    It is set up so you believe it's a US based company, but the actual discs are shipped from China.
    On both shipping slip and proforma invoice the sender's data is written in an unreadable hand, whereas the recipient's is of course readable.

'Excellent video and audio quality'
    is what they promise - what you get is a smudgy picture, presumably recorded on VHS and later transferred to DVD, having TNT and PG TV station logos and program spots!!! In short, a low quality pirate copy…
    Ok, 7-8 hours of program on a DVD should have warned me - on the other hand it could be possible with a 3:4 aspect ratio NTSC signal without multi-language, subtitles and extras.

It gets much worse…
    Already the first disc failed in the middle of episode 2 and episodes 3-8 are inaccessible and unplayable no matter what, on both a DVD player and a PC that normally accepts everything - the disc actually crashes the PC's player!
    Disc 2 seems ok - I haven't played it through, but at least the episodes are accessible.
    Disc 3 failed at episode 3 and episodes 4-7 are inaccessible and unplayable!
    Need I go on…

I'm going for my money back. As soon as there is some progress - or the lack of same - I'll post the background and proceedings in the various boards and groups.

5th of Jun, 2008

I recently purchased a DVD from this company - beware. They appear to be copied illegally and of very poor quality. I will contact my credit card company and start proceedings for a refund.

• Md
      6th of Jun, 2008

We agree and have had exactly the same experience, along with my brother.
    Thanks for the info on the credit card follow up about to ring now.

• To
      6th of Jun, 2008

completely agree - here's my exchange with them:

----------------------------------------------
    Hello,

Thanks for your e-mail and update.

We appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative.

Please keep in mind an Official DVD Collection has never been released for this series and what you received was a Collectors/Fan Version.

As always, please do not hesitate to email me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

From: Tony
    To: store@powerdvdstore.com
    Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 3:55 AM
    Subject: Re: Powerdvdstore Order

I thought I should provide you with some feedback on this order

- the item was delivered from China - the plastic covers were broken, the packaging destroyed
    - the dvd display quality is dismal
    - the sound is virtually zero; I need to put the volume at maximum to hear a whisper
    - I've watched 7 dvds from the 32-set so far - 2 out of 7 are not working
    - I think this was recorded originally on someone's back room VCR (you can see TV messages regarding christmas shows etc) and then it was transferred on DVD
    - This is the most pathetically low quality item I have ever seen

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:

- This message will be posted on the internet to protect others from making the mistake purchasing anything from you!

best rgds

Tony

• Le
      10th of Jun, 2008

Thank you all so much. I was going to buy some dvds for my dad from this company that seemingly were unavailable from places like amazon and barnes and noble. I decided to investigate since this seemed suspicious. Thanks for confirming this.

• Ca
      18th of Jun, 2008

On Apr 30, 2008 I ordered the Hart to Hart series on DVD from Powerdvdstore.com. To date I have received discs 11-17 only. When I wrote to Powerdvdstore they told me to turn the discs over to see if the missing discs were on the other side (??????). The package was clearly labeled "discs 11-17" which means discs 1-10 are in another package. Finally they agreed to re-order the missing discs 1-10 on May 23 to be mailed out May 24 (yeah, sure). The indicated it would take 10-14 WORKDAYS. It has not been 17 WORKDAYS and still don't have my discs. I asked what STATE they're in and the name of the PRESIDENT of the company. I'm waiting for a response. This set cost me $89.99+10.00=$99.99 however I was charged $100.75. They told me the additional $.76 was a charge from my bank (duh! no way). I have friends that are also series collectors but will not refer them to this website for fear of getting ripped off. Buyer beware truly applies here. I'm just waiting...

• Tr
      18th of Jun, 2008

Hi,

I just received some I ordered and have the same poor quality some haven't anything on. I paid by debit card so don't hink I can get money back.

• Mr
      22nd of Jun, 2008

How can all of us bring upon a lawsuit against this company? I would like to see this company shut down!!!
    An average person like me who works hard for every penny, just to buy a gift for a loved one and recieved xerox copied cover, and 12 scratched dvds. What a wonderful gift to give.

• Cr
      25th of Jun, 2008

I wish I had read all of these complaints before I purchased a DVD from these people. I ordered a set of 30 DVDs for my father for fathers day. They came in 2 broken plastic containers and cannot be played on any of my equipment even though I have a new computer and was assured it would work on that. I intend to contact my credit card company to dispute the payment.

• Dg
      26th of Jun, 2008

Me too Crystal.

Here I am, another victim of these thieves.

I bought a four season set of "The High Chaparral " TV series from www.tvdvdstore.net ($95.15 w/S&H).

It came from China (mail fraud included... "a gift with a declared value of $10.00").
    Cheep broken plastic cases, with photo copied "NBC" cover art (a poor attempt to look like authentic merchandise).
    The DVD's are a copy of a VHS taped recording of the "Hallmark Channel" programs, showing of the series.
    It is very poor quality junk!

I have e-mailed the company and await a reply...

I will contact my credit card company, the U.S. Postal Service, and the F.B.I.

I'll get my ball rolling, let's shut these pirates down?

• Dg
      27th of Jun, 2008

Just one more thing.

Be very careful out there...

I got the link to this company, off of Amazon.com website.

27th of Jun, 2008

I had the same problem, with this company. I purchased a set of 30 DVD's of The Johnny Cash TV Shows. I got 2 broken plastic VHS video boxes with 30 burnt DVD's of unwatchable quality. I complained to TVDVDStore and I was offered $30 refund, if I would keep the disks. I declined as they are of terrible quality. Some would not play at all and, if they did, they would stop half way. They agreed to refund my money, if I returned them, but I was $50 out of pocket for postage, both ways. I got my refund but will never deal with them again!

4th of Jul, 2008

I purchased the "Friday the 13th DVD Collection" and received pirated illegal copies that were simply recorded straight of the television. The quality of these rip offs is absolutely appalling, unwatchable. On one disc a word appears in the bottom right corner, which is proof the episode was just taped off the television. Even the box they came in was cracked. Disgusting. I have reported this company to the New Zealand Federation Against Copyright Theft, as I'm in New Zealand. Don't know what good it will do, maybe they can alert the appropriate U.S. authorities, and I've also contacted my bank about reversing this transaction. U.S. $89.09 for a pile of ### Chinese burned DVDs. They invoice they sent me was almost totally unreadable, nearly everything being in Chinese. And that's another thing - their Website gives the impression they are an American company. Dirty pirates, let's shut 'em down. Avoid like the black plague.

• To
      8th of Jul, 2008

I am in New Zealand and like the others I was Surprised to receive this parcel from China.
    It was the Fugitive with 30 discs, at a cost of $127.00 NZ
    I have only checked 4 and are all faulty.
    I believe Google should remove these companies from their search engines.
    When we purchase a legal Movie we are warned of the perils of copying it, $50, 000 fines etc, a bit of a mockery if they let these theives get away with piracy.

• Wa
      8th of Jul, 2008

I was surprised when I received my order. I did not expect it to come from China.
    The DVDs were bad copied of VCR tapes. I suspect I am out the $73 I paid for these DVDs. The company has not responded to my e-mails for a refund and return information. This outfit is a pirate and should be removed from the listings.

• Je
      9th of Jul, 2008

I bought the Kojak collection and they sent me poor quality copied dvds. Plus they came from China not the U.S. as they advertised. Pathetic company to deal with. They are just ###.

• Je
      9th of Jul, 2008

Meant to give the thumb down. Don't buy from the TVDVDSTORE. They will con you out of your money and send you extremely low quality illegally copied dvds. And when you ask for a refund they won't get back to you. Piece of ### company.

The REAL TVDVDSTORE Answers your questions

I have not received a response to my email and it has been 24 hours. Why?

Well, see we don't really like to reply to people who email us asking for their money back once they have seen our poor quality illegal dvds because we obviously want to keep hold of your money so we can buy some more Chinese hookers. They don't come cheap here ya know. So we need to defraud you and charge you ridiculously high prices for crappy quality dvds.

How do I order?

Preferably with your eyes closed. That way you won't see what actual crap you are buying.

How can I pay? Is it safe to use my credit card?

Absolutely not. If you see the light and try and obtain a refund, well, we'll be forced to charge your credit card twice. So it's advisable that you pay us in Mickey Mouse money since our dvds are all Mickey Mouse pirate jobs.

During checkout, you ask for my CVV number; what is that?

As above, we like to keep our idiots - I mean "customers" - details on file because we like to make mysterious charges show up on your credit card. Generally these charges will show up soon after the Chinese hookers to put the price up for a blow job. Your CVV number helps us identify which idiot- I mean "customer" you are.

How much is Shipping?

Well, now that all depends on how much we think we can rip you off for. Sometimes we won't even send you what we ordered. How's that for service?!

How long will it take to get what I order?

Again, if we can get away with it, we won't bother sending you anything. We usually employ this sales technique near to Christmas, that way we can blame it on Santa.

Please note: All our DVD Sets are ILLEGALLY COPIED Items and are only recorded directly from the Television AFTER you place your order which allows us to offer such fantastic low prices. This is also the reason your order takes 10-14 days to arrive. If the show you want ain't on TV yet then we have to wait for it to show up before we can rip it off. We appreciate your stupidity and ignorance.

Do you offer Overnight/Express shipping?

Hey, if you're dumb enough to offer us more money, then we'll gladly send your collection of low visual and audio quality dvds via the Titanic. Please note: If your collection of low visual and audio quality dvds fails to arrive, don't blame us. Blame the ice berg.

Do you ship outside of the USA?
    Absolutely! There are suckers - I mean "customers" - all around the world.

What about your returns policy?
    Our returns policy is simple. We don't have one. We don't have a telephone number either. And if you're looking for a street number forget it sucker. We actually operate out a garbage can, 'cause we're basically Chinese trash.

Will the DVD's work on my DVD player?
    The DVD's are region free which means they are illegal pirate copies that will play on 99% of DVD players. This includes the major Gaming Systems (Sony Playstation and Microsoft XBox) If you experience problems with the DVD's we won't be happy to offer you a Full Refund.

What if I have a defective disk?
    You can try emailing us using the "CONTACT US" button with your order number and defective disc number but we won't bother to send you a free replacement. Hell, what do you think we are -honest business men?!

How do I contact Customer Service?

You can't. Can't you read? We don't have a telephone number sucker.

I had a problem paying with Credit Card, what should I do?
    This happens quite often and is really a big problem, as pretty much all our suckers - I mean "customers" are dissatisfied with our low visual and audio quality "DUNG VDS." The best advice we can give you is NOT to order form us. Ever.

Why should I buy from you?
    The answer is simple... You shouldn't. We have the HIGHEST PRICES, THE POOREST QUALITY, and ZERO SERVICE anywhere! Try us; we'll prove it to you.

Is my order SECURE?
    ### no! Hey, we're pirates. Do you honestly expect us to be honest?

Some of these DVD's haven't even been released yet. How is it possible that you sell them?
    There is a section of the American copyright law known as "The Berne Act" that we like to hide behind to justify our bootleg illegally pirated "DUNG VDS." The entire purpose of our website is to provide illegally copied pirate films or television shows to the ignorant collector.