www.thetanstore.com / They do not deliver

I ordered tanning bed lotion at a considerable discount from the thetanstore@yahoo.com.

They say upfront that it could take up to 2 weeks for delivery, with a delivery confirmation number within that period of time. I ordered on 4/18 and they charged my credit card. Today 4/29 I sent an email stating I would like the status and/or my confirmation number.

My reply was the owner was really sick and expected to be in the hospital for several days and they would try and fill orders during this time and please be patient. This is a ripoff organization!

Va

Comments

• Th
      2nd of May, 2008

That is complely untrue. Our response was that the owner was in the hospial due to complications with her pregnancy and that she answers most emails. We asked for patience in getting an email response and that orders were still being filled as usual. Delay in shipping was due to backorders from manufacturer, not our company or employees. Backorders are common during busy season in tanning industry unfortunately and are completely due to manufacturers not producing enough product to meet demand. Site states can take 7 BUSINESS days and sometimes longer in rare cases due to backorders BEFORE you order. They were aware of this but ordered anyways and now wants to post false information regarding our company which is slander. As for payment, the payment processor through Yahoo Stores processes all transactions same day as ordered. They do not offer a way for order or one bottle of lotion to be withheld. We agree this should not happen, however they do not offer any other way.

2nd of May, 2008

Also, customer was made aware that it was 7 business days and that order had shipped.

• Me
      19th of May, 2008

I ordered on 5/3 and have not recieved anything (it is 5/19), nor has my order been shipped to my knowledge. There is no phone number listed on the website which I think is very shady and unprofessional. I sent an email on Friday, it is now Monday, asking about the shipping status and I have received no response.

23rd of May, 2008

There are many backorders right now in the tanning industry. This is outside of our control. The manufacturers have not been producing enough product to meet demand. Biggest offender has been Designer Skin. Some lotions have been backordered for 7 weeks. Also, We are closed on the weekend like most businesses, so you won't get an answer to your email over the weekend.

• Ts
      29th of May, 2008

To answer Megan there is a phone number for the tan store. It came through on my payment the number is 765-319-0544. It is set to automatic answering machine that says the best way to check on order is to email. I have emailed four times and still no response. The only thing I have found has been the answer in this web site. I have paid for my order and it has not been shipped and no answer on phone or email. If this was a respectable business and you did have back orders than you would assume the company would take the time to email the people whom you had already accepted payment from and post the information on your web page. There again it is not a respectable business.

• Da
      6th of Jun, 2008

I placed and order 13 days(10 business days) ago and have received nothing more than order confirmation and of course immediate charge to my account. If and item is backordered one would think the customer would be immediately notifed to pursue other means. I definitely will not trust random yahoo store again.

9th of Jun, 2008

I ordered my lotion on May 16, and shortly after, received an e-mail stating that the order had been shippied, along with an order confirmation number. It is now June 9, and I have not recceieved anything. I sent an email to thetanstore@yahoo last week, and they did not reply. So I sent another this morning, to the same address, and it was sent back, stating that this address does not exist. I have been billed and everything for this lotion, and here I am, trying to get ahold of the company I paid $70 to, trying to get some information on where my lotion is. This is ludicris...I am so upset that I am spending MY TIME, scrambling to get ahold of a company who obviously doesnt care enough about their consumers to even include a UPS tacking numer...how am I supposed to track my package through UPS (their chosen courier) without a tracking number? I just want the product I PAID FOR. Isn't that fair? And I want the company to reply to my email, and let me know what is going on. Being a credible company means being responsible for your product and taking care of your customers. SO PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS!

10th of Jun, 2008

Our payment processor processes all transactions immediately. They do not offer a way to hold back an order or even one bottle of lotion if it is backordered. We AGREE this shouldn't be this way and that you shouldn't be charged until items are no longer backordered.

Erin, I'm not sure why you're getting messages that email address doesn't exist, as we are receiving all emails. I will check on your order. We use USPS, not UPS. When we print out the labels, THEY send the tracking # to you via email... or at least they are supposed to within 24 hours. I am sorry if you have not received your tracking # and will check on your order.

Right now backorders are out of control in the tanning industry. Ask any salon owner. DEsigner skin, Australian Gold and Swedish Beauty (all owned by the same company) are the worst. They are making it impossible for the tanning industry to do business as they can't keep product available. We apologize for their backorders, but please understand that the tanning sites, salons, etc. are not responsible.

11th of Jun, 2008

I understand what you mean about backorders completely, this happens with many retailers. However, what I do not understand, is why I recieved an email stating that my order had been shipped over two weeks ago. I'm not trying to be difficult or anything like that, I just really, REALLY want my lotion. So if you could just check the emails I sent and respond I would really appreciate it. I am just worried that the package has been sent, but it is stuck somewhere, or at customs, or somthing like that, as I am located in Alberta, Canada. I would really appreciate any help you could provide me with, and if my order is in face backordred, I have no problem waiting for it, because you have amazing deals. I just want to make sure it isn't sitting at the border somewhere, or in some post office, when I could be using it to tan! lol. I don't really know too much about stuff coming over the border, or if they would hold it or anything like that, as I have bnever ordered anything from the States before, so if you could help me out, I would appreciate it :)

Thanks for your help, and I look forward to your response to my emails,

Erin Kroker

• Li
      12th of Jun, 2008

My family owns a business. The worse thing you can do is to ignore your customers. I have sent e-mail and also have called the useless phone number. I should have known better to order from THETAN STORE without checking it out first.

• Ar
      13th of Jun, 2008

I placed an order with THETANSTORE.COM two weeks ago and got billed immediately. I have sent 3 different emails to them asking for order status. NO REPLY from them. Yet I see that they have time to come out here and defend their poor replies to customer response. People should be warned NOT to order from them. I have placed a dispute with the credit card company and of course have this all documented. I ended up paying retail and purchasing my products locally. Funny it is available locally, it makes me wonder why they haven't shipped.

13th of Jun, 2008

I can't belive that they have tome to respond online to COMPLAINTSm however they can't even respond to e-mails! They defend themselves like they are a reputable company on here, however they do not take care of business by taking care of their customers. I think it's really sad. Nexy thing you know, there will be anothe ruseless message posted on here from them, defending their shady practice by saying that orders have beentaking forever because they are backordered. It's just funny, that 3 days after I place dmy order, I get an e-mail stating that it has been shipped. Backordered, yea right! It's just an excuse! Perhaps the owners should pick up some literature on running a business. The least they can do is try to rectify the problems we talk about on here, instead of defending themselves, and not responding to the actual emails. It's really very sad. Well, I hope whoever runs this "business" is having fun with MY money. Thanks for valuing your customers. I will make sure to let EVERYONE I know not to buy from here.

• We
      20th of Jun, 2008

ALL of these comments from these people are completely true...which IS NOT SLANDER!!! I totally checked you out after all the trouble I've had with you and guess what, my brother who is a COP! You are in big trouble!!! You cannot use someone else's address for your business. That is identity theft!!! You used the UPS store and a suite number that DOES NOT EXIST!!! I e-mailed them and they told me that your store is NOT in that building. Your auto e-mail is a joke too. You do NOT respond to any e-mails. I have e-mailed 4 times. You took money out of my account and I got no product just like the rest. My opinion is that you're hoping that people will forget they ordered and you get to keep the cash you took from them. FAT CHANCE!!! BAD, BAD Mistake!!! And don't think that all that you've done hasn't been recorded... I have printed everything. I feel that this is a fake website made from yahoo and they are going to get the info too...SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK!!!

24th of Jun, 2008

Well, perhaps whoever runs this comapny will start responding to our emails, and actually looking into our orders like they promised, when they find out that a few of us have files complaints with the Indiana Better Business Bureu.

• Le
      30th of Jun, 2008

They are doing the same thing to me. Wont even get back to me at all.. I changed my card number and am filing a complaint with the BBB.

• Ro
      2nd of Jul, 2008

I order products on June 5th.. I have yet to recieve any information from them. I called the phone company to get there number and they told me the name does not exsist.. I am so upset with these people. Anyone that is reading this. DO NOT USE THEM!!!

• We
      4th of Jul, 2008

Well, well...you finally don't have a response when we say the cops have been notified!!! I hope your ### is grass and they are the lawnmowers!!! How in the hell would you like it if someone did this to you??? I cannot believe that yahoo continues to let you advertise and screw people over. I STILL do not have my money back like the rest of these people. I hope you rot in hell. KARMA!!! IT"S GOING TO GET YOUR FREAKING ###!!!

• Li
      5th of Jul, 2008

If the tan store thinks that they are going to get away with taking my money, just to let them know i am taking action. It has been six weeks since i placed my order. They have never responded to any e-mail or comunicated with me in any way. there will be alot of problems for the tan store.com when this all catches up to you.

• Ke
      19th of Jul, 2008

I am in Anderson, SC and I also have ordered product from this company. While they do state that your shipment may be delayed they send you a conf. # and say that your order has been shipped. It troubles me that they do not return phone calls and it is obvious that they are aware of this problem by way of the complaints on this site. You would think that they would atleast acknowledge their customers. I agree that I see alot of these products in my tanning facility so why are they having such an issue. I have contacted the Sheriffs department in that area to get answers. I also told them that there are alot of complaints on this website that they may want to check out as well. Their No. is 765-457-1105. You have to file a complaint with your local jurisdiction and they will go from there and contact the Kokomo police.

• Ra
      22nd of Jul, 2008

THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL RIP OFF! I PLACED A ORDER WITH THIS COMPANY ON THE 20TH OF JUNE AND THE ONLY EMAIL THAT I EVER RECEIVED WAS THAT MY ORDER WAS PROCESSED, WHICH BASICALLY TRANSLATES INTO THE SO CALLED "COMPANY" HAD TAKEN MY MONEY AND YET HAVE I RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION FOR SHIPPING. I HAVE PLANS FOR THIS COMPANY JUST AS THEY HAD PLANS TO SET UP AND TAKE PEOPLES MONEY! I HAVE CALLED THE PHONE NUMBER THAT IS ATTACHED TO THIS "COMPANY" AND NO ONE ANSWERS TO MESSAGES NOR DO THEY RESPOND TO EMAILS! AND JUST IN CASE THE ACTUAL PRODUCT WAS ON BACK ORDER, THEIR WEBSITE SHOULD REFLECT THAT. I SHOP QUITE FREQUENTLY ONLINE AND IF A PRODUCT THAT I WANT IS ACTUALLY ON BACKORDER THE WEBSITE WILL REFLECT THAT. SO THIS COMPANY IS A COMPLETE SCAM AND I HAVE CONTACTED THE AUTHORITIES AND LEGAL ACTION IS IN THE PROCESS FOR THESE PEOPLE. I HOPE THAT THEY HAVE ENJOYED THEIR LITTLE SCAM BECAUSE THE FUN IS SOON TO BE OVER!!!