www.TheDVDPlanet.org / False advertising and fraud!

United States Review updated:

I purchased a DVD Box set of Carol Burnett episodes. What I got were 8 ripped DVDs of a TVLand Carol Burnett marathon off someone's VCR/DVR/TIVO. All they did was to remove the commercials. The quality is horrible and the sad part is that I have most of the episodes from recording the same marathon.

The site states:
*Excellent video and audio quality - VCR quality at best
*100% in chronological order - They are in marathon order, which is not the chronological order of the series
*Custom Artwork - Cheesy self print dvd labels saying "Carol Burnett Show Disc 'X'"

In the FAQ they imply the sets come straight from the studio source. This is a complete lie.

Yes, I'm an idiot for believing these charlatans, but you don't have to be.

-Ben

Comments

Ka
  6th of Nov, 2007

www.TheDVDPlanet.org - Bootleg merchandise and scam!

I ordered a "Different World" dvd collection and got in the mail. I tried out a couple of the discs and was surprised to see that it was copied off someone's tv there were parts of commercials between episodes... I can say that I am lucky enough to at least receive the merchandise, but it was poor poor quality. I will never order anything else from them and hopefully will prevent others as well.
Me
  19th of Nov, 2007
Ben. Thanks for the warning. I almost bought this but was suspicious that I could not find it anywhere else, especially amazon. Thanks for the heads up.
Ke
  9th of Dec, 2007
Yes, I have been ripped off too. I would encourage anyone else who has been ripped off to contact me as I intend to file a complaint with the Canadian Police Service. In my case, I paid via credit card, did not get my item, and now they tell me that they can't do a refund because their bank has blocked their funds. MY ALARM BELLS ARE RINGING LOUDLY, ARE YOURS?
Ci
  9th of Dec, 2007
I placed an order with dvdplanet.org on 11-5, it was charged to my credit card on 11-6, but I still don't have it! They said that it was sent to the wrong address the first time, and they were reshipping it 2 weeks ago. Still don't have it. After seeing these comments, I'm sure it will be a piece of junk when and if it ever arrives. Any recourse?
Ji
  14th of Dec, 2007
Boy, now I'n really worried. I placed an order DEC 1st. It has been charged to my credit card and have not received my order. Wish I had seen this first.
Mi
  14th of Dec, 2007
I placed and order on November 15th and still haven't recieved it. They told me the same line about it being sent to the wrong address and that they reshipped it. The second one was supposed to be here between Dec.6-8th and guess what?? It still is not here. When I contacted them about that they said that it was normal for there to be a delay with the holidays. I called my credit card company and disputed the charge, I would recommend that you do the same. My brother and I checked into the company and they also operate as another site tvaddics.tv so steer clear of this site too.
Be
  17th of Dec, 2007
Add me to the list of those duped by these crooks. This is the first time I have had an internet transaction go bad. I will be contacting the police as well as my credit card company. I won't tolerate this despicable behavior.
Ca
  17th of Dec, 2007
I too have been duped by these ###. I ordered a set they advertised as the complete series of "77 Sunset Strip". I did receive my order, but there were only about 70 percent of the episodes making up the complete series. Not only that, but the menus on the disks do not correspond to the episodes that are actually on the disks, many episodes that are in the menus are not included at all, the visual quality of about half the episodes is so bad they can't be watched, and the rest are poor quality. I have emailed them at least a dozen times about a refund and they do not respond. I am currently attempting to get my credit card company to take action against them.
  18th of Dec, 2007
I did fall for it, but due to the site coming up on a list of Google sponsored sites. I assumed if Google was sponsoring this site, they would have gone trough some effort on making sure it was not a fraud. I got the numerous emails as some will find others stating how it was sent to the wrong address, they couldn't send a tracking number since their computers were down, and then never ending promises it is coming soon. I should have used google first and typed the company name in with the words fraud and scam. I would have learned very quickly that this group was out to steal money. I have learned and will do this in the future transactions with other companies...
  22nd of Dec, 2007
I too purchased a Carol Burnett DVD package to have arrived by the 17th or 18th of Dec. I never received a tracking # or have not heard from the the so called company from e-mails I have sent. But they had no PROBLEM getting my money!!!
  24th of Dec, 2007
Unfortunately I too am in the same shoes as the rest of you. My order was placed in mid November & promised delivery the following week. I ordered the complete Bonanza series for $200 & have yet to receive it. My credit card was charged immediately & I too was given the same lame excuses as everyone else - delay in shipping, wrong address, holiday rush, etc. Their response to my e-mails are generic & it's pathetic how they have NO phone number to contact anyone. My credit card is disputing the charge & I hope they get what they deserve ripping off good, innocent people.
Ad
  27th of Dec, 2007
It just appened to me. I should have known better i just got got by dvdcompiliations.com they charged my credit card 3 times now its time to get my money back. They used up all the shipping email alerts so i could not track it, it says nothing about coming to carolina. I emailed them ahead atime and told them if its from tv they need to cancel it. $69 for stuff off tv!
Je
  6th of Jan, 2008

www.TheDVDPlanet.org - Order never received, no refund, site closed down
www.thedvdplanet.org
www.thedvdplanet.org

I purchased a box set of dvds for £43 as a Christmas present for my brother, the delivery date altered once and was estimated at latest to arrive on 27th December. I checked the site to see who to contact today and found a message saying they had essentially closed down due to a supplier shut down. Their site advertises that all orders due before 1st January had either been shipped or refunded, this is not the case. I have lost £43 and my brother has not received his Christmas present. I am very annoyed and embarrassed that I fell for this scam.
Te
  1st of Feb, 2008
I also have been ripped off by these ### as well. Today is the 2nd February 2008, I ordered a set of the Muppet Series on the 9th December 2007 and was debited US$69.99 from my account on the 11th December 2007. I have still not received any DVDs or any response from the emails that I have sent to them. I live in Australia so I suppose they dont even bother with me as I am so far away.