www.TheCameraProfessionals.com / Used credit card info for fraudulent purchase!

NY, United States Review updated:
When an order is placed the craziness begins. Mine was for a $230.00 Canon camera. I was emailed a confirmation and order#. The email requested me to call the 800 number listed on the website, during their business hours, to verify billing info. 2 hrs later, I received another email requesting the CVC number from my credit card. It said to just email it back. I waited until the next day and called them. I was transferred to a VERY RUDE man. There was loud laughing and yelling in the background. The very unprofessional rep asked me for my authorization code. When I questioned him about the yelling and 2 emails, he said,"Look!No one's forcing you to buy anything here." I said that I was feeling very uncomfortable. He said,"Fine.Your order is canceled!" and hung up. I immediately called my credit card company and canceled my card. Within 20 minutes, a rep from ICE.com called to verify a purchase made with my credit card out of CHINA for some silver jewelry to be OVERNIGHT shipped to my home. They thought it odd, THANK GOD! NO I DIDN'T place the order. Someone from thecameraprofessionals.com did! I KNOW this as I haven't used that credit card in over a year and I ONLY used it to purchase this camera! Lucky for me, ICE.com canceled the order. The ICE.com rep called thecameraprofessionals.com herself, as did another rep with ICE.com. They experienced just what I did. She said they kept asking the ICE reps if they played baseball? They also mentioned they were in India and other very strange comments. They hung up on them too. The ICE.com rep looked up this website domain on GODADDY.com and showed me how to do so as well. The domain shows this info: Domain Discreet, ATTN: thecameraprofessionals.com, P.O.Box 278, Yarmouth, NS B5A4B2, Phone: [protected], Email: 24fc47f80a1e672801ceb89810f917f1@domaindiscreet.com. Look up other complaints on Alexa.com and [redacted].com! ICE.COM can be reached at [protected] x 201. They were VERY helpful.

Comments

Ke
  18th of Dec, 2007
I ordered a Kodak V803 Blue digital camera. When I placed the order, I asked if it was in stock and ready to ship. The salesman said yes. I noticed a charge to my credit card (not an authorization, a charge) 2 business days later. 12 business days later I had not received the camera. When I called, after a long wait, I was told that the camera is back ordered. Yet, they charged my card and used my money to run their operation. I believe this is against AMEX rules and regs. Also, everyone on the phone is very rude. I've never met people so rude. This company provides lousy service and rude people. The lowball prices are a rouse to get your money for free use until you call and cancel the order.
Te
  28th of Jan, 2008
I experienced a simular problem with this company. I ordered 5 NEC LT380 Projectors for the University. They called me back to confirm the over $7k order and asked if I would like to buy the bulbs to go with that projector!!! I told them the bulbs are included as we have purchased them before from NEC. They demanded $696.00 for each bulb and they do not offer to sell the projector without the bulb. Im not a fool so I cancelled the order rather then argue further. I contacted NEC and advised them that this company is trying to rip off their consumers. These clowns are bad actors trying to sell what is already in the box!