www.Tapatap.com / Scam and rip off!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

This web site is misleading and lie! you enter your photo for a month long contest! i won the contest 1st place. they send me a e-mail saying you won 1st. Place and to confirm the the prize, i confirm the prize and it say" thanks for con firming your prize" or wait almost 30 days, then contact them to see what is going on? they say my photo was disqualified! Bottom line when it is to deliver the "prize" you are disqualified. THEY ARE SCAMERS AND MISLEAD THE COMMUNITY! DO NOT FALL FOR IT!

Go

Comments

17th of Mar, 2008

This user was determined to be ineligible after an investigation that discovered that the account in question was cheating, and in violation of our terms of service. As not only the Community Manager, but also the person in charge of Prize Fulfillment, I can say with absolute confidence that we are not, in fact, a scam. I send thousands of dollars worth of prizes out each month to winners. Sadly, some people are disqualified sometimes, for a number of reasons, including cheating or attempting to use multiple accounts to circumvent our per-account prize limits.

The user making this complaint, in fact, had previously won $150 at amazon.com, which she received via e-mail on 11/09/2007, and should know full well (having already received a quite substantial prize from us in the past) that we are not a scam.

I would also like to point out that our service is FREE to our users, so if we WERE a scam, it would have to be one of the dumbest scams I have ever heard of.

• Sh
      26th of May, 2008

I won prizes two times...$25 each for amazon.com (once in a daily contest and once as a daily top voter) . I claimed my prizes and got the email stating that it may take up to 30 days to process. It has been over a month for both of the prizes and still nothing. I have emailed them back two or three times to find out what was going on, but heard nothing back. I looked in my Tapatap inbox and the messages stating that I had won had been deleted, but I still have proof in my email inbox.

• Sh
      16th of Jun, 2008

I retract my previous statement. It has been about two months, but I finally received my prizes today! Tapatap is not a scam! :) It was a wonderful surprise!

• Th
      21st of Mar, 2009

I used to be very happy with tapatap until I won the "Tiki Towers contest to win a Nintendo Wii and 200 Wii points" and never recieved my prize...There were also supposed to be a game prize for runners up...Now I can't even get the site to come up...I dont think this is right that they can offer a prize like this and when you Win the contest not deliver...Up to this point I loved being on tapatap I also didn't mind advertising for them, by telling friends and family about the site. I hope that they will please solve this issue and get the site booming again...