www.swipebids.com / Didnt agree that they charge me

1 Linden, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 516-782-0542

They billed me $150 when i was only reviewing site.They allowed my 8 yr old 2 go on this site n do things. I informed them n they would not reverse charges!I dont have this kind of money to lose.I had $40 left after that and no money for my electric bill.I expressed this 2 them several times that what they were doing is illegal!They didnt take these thigs into consideration!I feel so helpless!I am being charged $150 and dont recieve anything but an option to bid on things i will never order!!!Please help!

Comments

• St
      22nd of Jun, 2010

Swipebids = Quibids???

So I did some searching on Google.com and it seems that Matt Beckham is also CEO of Quibids.com which is based in Oklahoma!

And if you compare the websites of Quibids.com and Swipebids.com they are identical!

So it seems that Quibids.com and Swipebids.com are the same company!?

So if you got scammed by Quibids.com or Swipebids.com here are some contact numbers I found on Google for them:

/personal info removed/

Good luck to all who were scammed!

• Jc
      23rd of Jun, 2010

Sorry to join this group...I was SCAMMED by this site. Contacting EVERYONE I can think of. Help if you can. Jeff

• Ca
      23rd of Jun, 2010

Yes INDEED I was scamed too!!! I can't believe I fell for the one cent per bids crap. I never saw it coming until I checked my bank account to get some money out and there was no money left in it. I've been so broke all week and I won't have any money until my bank turns it in to the fraud department. DON'T BE DUKED BY THIS SITE!!!

• Sh
      24th of Jun, 2010

Add me to the list of the duped. Never happened to me before.

And to those that say "it's clearly stated, I don't know how you could have been duped." Uh no... it's not clearly stated. It's clearly stated that a 1 year membership would cost $150. It is NOT clearly stated that by clicking "Start Bidding" that you will be charged for that membership. Nowhere does it say that by clicking "Start Bidding" you will be charged for the membership. And there isn't an option to NOT be charged. This goes against all other website standards.

The membership information is contained in it's own block. Just as the "you can win these items" and the "shipping information". The implication of the heading in that section of "Where do you want your winning auctions to be sent" is that you are filling in information for that purpose only.

If you want to argue that since it states on that page that a membership costs $150 that it's assumed you will pay that amount, then I will argue that since that page ALSO contains a list of items to win that by clicking "Start Bidding" I will also be mailed all the items listed with my payment of $150.

My bank has credited the amounts back to me and sent my case to Shazam to investigate. Hopefully Shazam knows how to use google to see the numerous scam posts about SwipeBids otherwise they can decline the fraud accusation and take the money back from me.

24th of Jun, 2010

I'm not sure about swipebids, but being a regular member of Quibids, I can tell immediately just by the layout and fonts that its the same company. I'm going to assume they are basically the same thing. Attention all reading this garbage about Quibids (and possibly swipebids) being a scam. ITS NOT A SCAM. THESE PEOPLE ARE CHUMPS. Quibids is EXACTLY like poker. You pay to get in. If you spend your "chips" foolishly, you walk away with nothing. The house ALWAYS wins big in the end because the VAST majority of you [censor]s out there fall in the category of those that think they can just throw a few chips (at 60 cents a pop) on the table win big it for next to nothing, competing against experienced players. IT DOESNT WORK THAT WAY. In poker, if you want to win big, you need to study patterns and habits of people at the table, you need to know who to stay away from because they are rich/have huge balls, and you need to know the best time to be at the table... ALL this you should do before you drop ONE PENNY. Like poker, its not straight roulette style gambling, there's a TON of strategy and psychology involved. Like poker, there is STILL a lot of luck involved. And like poker, you gotta know when to try and sneak in at the last minute, when to try and scare everyone away at the start, and especially when to hold em and fold em. I studied quibids for 1-2 hours a day for almost 10 days before I placed ONE bid. I made a comprehensive list of people to stay the #$%# away from. I figured out the best times and days to be on. I learned patterns and strategies. Hell, like poker, where you can count cards if you're slick enough, you can even count bids and use it to your advantage! I personally am not the greatest poker player. I win a ton of 20-75 dollar items on Quibids (for between 2-25 dollars including shipping) but I dont have the resources or the balls to go all in on the big items where you need to spend about 150-400 dollars in bids to win a $1100 TV for example. So I recognize my limitations and I stick within them. My friend who got me into this however is a GREAT poker player and he for example won a 1000 dollar Canon Rebel for 12 bids. (60cents a bid=$7.20+the auction winning price which was roughly 75$ plus shipping. Altogether less than 100 dollars.) All those who claim to have been scammed above... You are QUITE LITERALLY, COMPLETE LOSERS. Don't cry about your losses. Use a few of those brain cells and learn from your mistakes. You make me sick.

PS: and no I don't work for Quibids you a-holes! I wish I did! I'd be fricking RICH!

24th of Jun, 2010

Plus (again not sure about sqipebids) on Quibids you can APPLY THE COST OF YOUR BIDS TO THE RETAIL COST OF THE ITEM AND LOSE NOTHING. NOTHING!! Sure the retail cost is a bit inflated on some things. But, for example, if you are going to buy a 50 dollar walmart gift cards ANYWAYS, why not buy 50 bucks worth of bids, and if you win it for less, great! You have bids left over to bid on something else. And if you spend all 50 bucks worth of bids and lose, you can still apply the cost of the bids to the gift card and all you end up spending is the 1.99 shipping. The makers of the site even say RIGHT ON THE SITE that the best strategy is to have full intention of just buying the product cause then you have NOTHING TO LOSE.

24th of Jun, 2010

Fool. Look it up. Or read the same goddamn thread you are commenting on. Swipebids and Quibids ARE the same company. Earilier in the thread one of the whiners dug up "This news report says that the CEO of Swipebids is Matt Beckham and that SwipeBids.com is an Oklahoma based company:

So it seems that Quibids.com and Swipebids.com are the same company!? "

Essentially the same site. Do your f-ing research before you continue to make your self look like a bigger [censor] than you already are. READ THE THREAD. There are people [censor]ing about being "scammed" by swipe AND quibids. They ARE the same company. They ARE essentially the same site. You can work the system in both if you are in the top 10-15% of diligent, persistent, intelligent people. It helps to have a little arrogance, or to use an old fashioned term, moxie, as well. The people who are whining about being scammed have none of those traits. You, clearly, can't even be bothered to read the same thread you're commenting on, you limey amoeba-brained twit. Loathsome is an accurate SN for you.

24th of Jun, 2010

Dude - no need for all the insults. You should do a search on Google for Swipebids scam and see the pages and pages of complaints! Yes penny auctions are gambling not auctions but Swipebids IS a scam for sure!

For example check out these sites:

and there are many many more!!!

So for sure it is a scam end of.

24th of Jun, 2010

ATTENTION: PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION FOR JUSTICE AGAINST JESSE WILLMS AND SWIPEBIDS COM
    Please pass this link on to every place you find mentioning swipebids.
    Thank you.

• Ol
      25th of Jun, 2010

Please join this group against swipebids.com We are collecting names of people who have been scammed so that we may table a class action lawsuit against them! Time is now! Don't delay. Also, please you can reach me at olufasugbe@hotmail.com or call me at 916-873-4331. You can send me your contact information and your story in the email as evidences for an illustrious lawyer to take on. Thanks.

25th of Jun, 2010

What is a donkey felcher?

I googled donkey felcher and I feel very ill. :(

26th of Jun, 2010

Anyway...to go back to the Swipebids complaints.

Facebook group for all victims of the Swipebids scam:

Scammer in Australia promoting Swipebids scam:

mybusybizblog.net
    toocoomedia.com

• Po
      26th of Jun, 2010

Does being old make you stupid? Why do old people keep using the "I'm a senior! I live on a fixed income!" card. You did something stupid. Stay off the Internet if you can't do a simple Google search to see if a site is a scam or not. Please note - everyone scammed - your greed was your downfall. You don't get something for nothing.

Hey Porkchopzz4,
    I would be willing to bet your a paid stooge.
    And let me explain something you filthy pig.

I am 32 years old, and yes I live on a fixed income, and no I am in no way stupid.
    I have evaded every scam produced for the past ten years. Never have I been suckered into any kind of purchase. I have only purchased things that I needed, and always got my monies worth. .
    Please Note... I did not agree to [censor]!
    I want to see every single one of you predatory capitalists placed in a hurt-locker, then put in a mine field. Then we can say it was your fault for blowing up because you tried to drive out of the mine field. Only difference is once your [censor] is blown up, all of us can live a safer day to day life because we wont be preyed on by [censor] like you.

Like I said, I in NO way agreed to any terms and conditions. No where was it made obvious that I would be charged to "look" at the service.
    Similarly I was left with 40 dollars!!! on a credit card I had to shut down in order to stop them from charging me some more! 150.00 gone in an instant... 150.00 of emergency padding, suddenly stolen from me without any kind of care. Even though I two begged them to rescind the transaction, told them adamantly that I never wanted to purchase anything. And they refused a refund... that says they plan not to satisfy the customer, but only to snag cash. I mean [censor], even eBay and Paypal have a better refund policy... have you heard of any reputable company, even a poker site with as predatory tactics of refund?
    I am not in the business of losing my money to shady websites, which goes to prove that I was scammed, not stupid!!! A huge difference between me and most that complain here... I don't apologize for investigating... I am not apologetic, no where have they crushed my spirit into thinking I in ANY WAY deserved my loss. I dont feel I was foolish, I believe I was flat out SCAMMED and DEFRAUDED. I don't feel I own and apology to others for "being stupid or being a fool". I was not stupid, or a fool, I was simply the victim of crooks.

27th of Jun, 2010

@Porkchopzz4 You clearly have not done any research into the company (Just Think Media) and person behind this scam (Jesse Willms) - lying thieves with several lawsuits to their name and a long history of scams:

Clearly you are perfect and never have been nor will ever be the victim of a scam - so you come on here and accuse people of being stupid and greedy. Well don't expect much sympathy from us should you ever be a victim of fraud.

Before you come on here and insult people; maybe you should do some research:

Actually:

Many scam victims are pretty smart.

Scam victims often aren't motivated by pure greed.

Studies of scammers and fraud victims have found some eye-opening trends. Such victims aren't necessarily uneducated and gullible, or naive seniors.

Source: The Wall Street Journal

• 22
      27th of Jun, 2010

Dis cumponee isd de bezt ize eva ceen.Iz gonna joiinz becuzz iz saw ace bwand new car cell foe only 500$and it waz worth 50, 000 dollers, dats what ize lookig for a bwand new car foe just pennes on da doller.Dis site is da gwaetest tank u swipebids foe youyr honsty, uze poelpe are da gweatest.p, s, al sharpton foe prezident

222222222220000 -2 Votes

You are an uneducated idiot who needs a few helping hands.
    One. A brain implant. (obvious that you dont have one so it could not be a replacement, you need something you dont have)
    Two. An education on literacy and spelling. With English like that you make a Red-Neck Hillbilly look like a Harvard professor.
    Three. A freek'n name there Jackass. We can tell you are afraid of being exposed by the way you try to hid behind anonymity.
    Four. Your computer taken away for poor usage.
    Five. A LIFE you pathetic Loser... Go back to selling crack.

Peace.