www.superiorrugs.com / false advertising

1 Review updated:

I bought a rug from superiorrugs.com that turned out to be grossly misrepresented on the website. It was advertised as 100% wool having a density of 600, 000 points per square meter with a 12mm pile. What I received was a rug of low quality made of synthetic polypropylene, with a density of half what was advertised and a very low pile of perhaps 5mm.
This rug was one of 3 ordered at the same time and the remaining 2 were advertised to ship within 7 days. 2 weeks later when the order status on the site showed they still had not been shipped (my credit card was charged for them when the order was placed), I began sending emails to the contact address listed on the site, which promised a reply within 24 hours. Several days later I had received no response to my emails so I finally tried a phone call, which yielded the information that the 2 rugs were back ordered and would not be shipped to me for nearly another month. There was no apology and no explanation as to why I was not informed of the delay. And I was told the email address on the site is no longer correct. Again, no explanation as to why they have a useless email address listed as the best means to contact them.
As for the misrepresented rug, the representative insisted there was nothing wrong with the description since it initially listed the rug as 100% Olefin and only later in the expanded description was it stated to be 100% wool with a 12mm pile, something he excused as a misprint. There was no apology for the misrepresentation, and no offer to allow me to return the rug for a refund, although the website prominently offers a 30 day money back guarantee.
In summary:
1. The item received was of much lower quality than advertised.
2. Items advertised to ship within 7 days have not been shipped after more than a month.
3. No attempt to communicate with me about the delay in shipping.
4. No response to emails, when a response within 24 hours was promised.
5. Questionable 30 day guarantee.
I will not buy from this dealer again, and would not trust anything stated on the site.

Wa

Comments

• Wi
      Apr 25, 2012

I also have the similar story with superiorrug.com. Order was made 15 days before but there is no tracking number or another info. Actually I talked to customer service after the the order was made and it took 10 min to get my info and later said, their system is down and they will call me back. No call back till today. Email sent inquiring the order also went unreplied till today. Since they already took my money, I decided to call and make sure what is going on. When I call today, a very unprofessional voice says ...superiorrugs... And says ... What... on my question... And later he says the item I ordered is not Witt them so they want to refund me... Why don't you tell me that before? What is the use of having email address and phone number? So unprofessional and irritating way to do business. I will rather buy something from Walmart and do not deal with these kind of businessmen. Please do not buy anything from www.superiorrugs.com. Stay safe, stay happy!