www.stuffunion.com / e-mail hijacked - ad sent to contact list and then list deleted

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Not sure how this happened but without being logged into my e-mail a message was sent out to my entire contact list advertising this company. My contact list was then deleted completely which also deleted all my msn messenger contacts and a vacation reply was set up with the same ad. The ad was written as follows:

Subject: hi:

hi:
New shopping new life!
How are u doing these days?Yesterday I found a web of a large trading company from china, which is an agent of all the well-known digital product factories, and facing to both wholesalers, retailsalers, and personal customer all over the world. They export all kinds of digital products and offer most competitive and reasonable price and high quality goods for our clients, so i think we you make a big profit if we do business with them.And they promise they will provide the best after-sales-service.In my opinion we can make a trial order to test that.
Look forward to your early reply!
The Web address: www.stuffunion.com
E-mail: stuffunion@188.com
MSN : stuffunion@live.cn

This is eiher a viris, worm, or hijack attempt and might have done further damage to my e-mail. Added to this no viris scanners have been able to detect what could have caused this. I never open attachments unless I know what they are so I don't know how this happened but this company should be shut down immediately for breach of privacy!!!

Pa

Comments

• Up
      9th of Feb, 2009

the very same thing happened to me! except they didnt delete my contacts. i was able to log back in and send everyone in my list an apology. I AM OUTRAGED! and i feel violated!!! i contacted my email provider via email. but i feel this is not enough! this was obviously a "human" who hacked into my account and sent these emails. rather than a computer. i cant believe this. and they are stupid enough to PROMOTE their crappy website??? i wrote back to them using their contact info from their website saying... I DONT CARE IF YOUR IN CHINA YOUR GOING DOWN! i plan to contact EVERYONE i can think of to help with this situation! this is unacceptable and i wont tolerate it! and it will be resolved!!!

• Go
      24th of Feb, 2009

I am so sorry that I lost all my nice veiw of China and the Chinesae people.
    This company which is not company and act just to steal the money of the people. I lost my mony, too, and I am so angry not only for losting money but also for loosong some jubs I had to do with Video-Camera and photo camera. Also because there is no any contros from the State and everyone does what he want

• Sm
      24th of Mar, 2009

The same thing happen to me from this site, I am LIVID! I had people writing to me ANGRY because they thought *I* sent them spam. My entire contact list was wiped out. I was able to retrieve it via it being in my sent folder. I changed my password but I'm TERRIFIED it will happen again. Does anyone know if it WILL?? I send apologies to all my contacts, I feel just awful! I'm afraid it'll happen to them now. What a mess. This is a CRIME and they should be PUNISHED!!!