[Resolved] www.shopcv.com / Unauthorized charges

1 2245 Camino Vida RobieCarlsbad, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-444-1343

Crystalvision called me several times about a membership to their website (www.shopcv.com). They said they got my contact info through a Broderbund order I had placed online. They stated they offered huge discounts on software. I would get a $20 coupon and 30 days trial membership for $19.95. I finally agreed after the fourth call. The coupon arived two weeks later. The products offered on the site were outdated, inferior and limited choices. The coupon could only be used on the more expensive items that would require you spend more money. I couldn't find a single item I could use. A couple of weeks later I did receive a disk of some kind in the mail from them, but I didn't open it, thinking it was membership info. Then within 30 days from the phone calls I was charged $19.95 and $49.95 to my credit card. My Credit card company says they cant do anything to prevent charges, even if I close the account, because I authorized Crystalvision to charge me.

Be

Comments

• Cb
      30th of Jan, 2009

1/30/09 Agreed to try the 30 day @ 19.95. Read this site and got smart. 1/31/09 10:30EST called CV requesting cancellation. --->They stated the credit will appear in 3-5 business days. And gave me a cancellation tracking number. Encouraging.

***SO: Hopefully I get my $ back*** after learning to be a smarter consumer.

Thank you all for your detailed histories. I hope to remember to keep you all current on this hopeful good news.

• Wj
      11th of Jan, 2010

The credit card can cancel the fees. You just have to say NO to them. I hope you get you $$. I go took too.

• Ha
      25th of Mar, 2010

I signed up for the 30-day trial period for 19.95 - sounded good at the time. Got my first CD (14.95 + 5). There's nothing in the CD that even remotely interests me. I'm going to call Crystal Vision tomorrow to send it back (the flyer that came with it said if I wasn't happy, they'd take it back and issue me a 14.95 refund).

If I do nothing, they are gonna charge me 49.95 for a lifetime membership and I'll be getting a CD, which I don't want, for 19.95 a pop.

But like I said, tomorrow I'm going to call and cancel everything.

Bobby

• Di
      15th of Jun, 2010

I am so glad I waited! Some gal named Janis just called me as well with this whole shopcv pitch. She seemed irritated when I told here I would wait and do some research on the validity of the website. I came here first. Thank you for posting everyone. Why would Broderbund allow there name to be attached to this cheese?

www.shopcv.com - SCAM
    SHOP VC

SHOPCV have been calling me for wks now as well. They told me that they recieved my info from PhotoShop, which was aweful to say the least. Anyway when I finally let them talk their pitch and told them NO to giving out my credit card info over the phone (Steve Glover) gave me the website and said alot of people won't give out their credit card info. This is why they have created a security submit on their site www.shopcv.com.
    I just left that site upon reviewing it and it did not interest me in the least. So, I decided to run a review check on the site and found all of you guys complaining here with your postive feedback that this shpcv is a SCAM. I felt compelled to join this site and give my 2 cents worth and experience.
    They have already called me today at least four times and i am not answering the phone however the next time they come up on my caller ID, I will answer it and tell them to remove my name from their system and to never call me again.

A word of caution to anyone to recieves a phone call THEY DO SOUND LEGIT AND PROFESSIONAL! But dont fall for it or you're be sorry. The old saying goes - If it it is too good to be true, IT IS!!! Another SCAM has surfaced. This is another reason why i hate to register what ever i buy.

Good luck to those having financial problems with your credit card companies with them not stopping the charges. I have DISCOVER and I have disputed charges on my credit card and DISCOVER has taken my side everytime!

I think I 'll REPORT them into the BBB for a complaint AND you SHOULD TOO.

10th of Nov, 2010

They have been calling me for wks now as well. They told me that they recieved my info from PhotoShop, which was aweful to say the least. Anyway when I finally let them talk their pitch and told them NO to giving out my credit card info over the phone (Steve Glover) gave me the website and said alot of people won't give out their credit card info. This is why they have created a security submit on their site www.shopcv.com.
    I just leFt that site upon reviewing it and it did not interest me in the least. So, I decided to run a review check on the site and found all of you guys here with your postive feedback.

Good luck to those having financal problems with your credit card companies. I have DISCOVER and I have disputed charges on my credit card and DISCOVER has taken my side everytime!

I think i'll send them into the BBB for a complaint AND you SHOULD TOO.

I meant to say PHOTO-PAINT not PhotoShop

• Cp
      11th of May, 2011

My wife was ripped off by shopcv/crystal vision--they refused to give us a refund because they said the cd arrived after 30 days. I was just hung up by the "only" supervisor a customer could talk to. They're crooks--hang up when they call to try to get you into a membership

• Ms
      5th of Oct, 2011

i have had nothing but great success from crystalvision...i have a membership which allows me to shop on the website and i get a cd quarterly with new programs for me to try out...the service works you just need to find what is best for you!!! communicate with customer service...tell them what your needs are...i also get great prices on my ink...M. Stone

• De
      11th of Apr, 2012

Hi,
    They called me several times yesterday and today, seemed very Legit but I got suspicious when they said they want credit card infor to generate some sort of code to view and they also told they would refund back $19.99 if I dont like their services, within 30 days. When I tried looking for their website, google gave problems and they prompted me to search for them even more and then these scam reports started surfacing. Thanks god I didn't fall for their savings.