www.segpayeu.com / unauthorized charges to my visa

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I got a call from Chase Visa yesterday asking about fraudulent activity on my account. It was this www.segpayeu.com for $29.97. I told them I had never heard of them, and to cancel my credit card (which I have had for 42 years!) because I was afraid of fraudulent activity. I was not home at the time I returned Chase's phone call, and now that I am, I am looking at all my statements and I have been charged $29.97 every single month since January, and have paid it!!! Chase assures me they will cancel the charges and invetigate, but somebody needs to shut this company down. Chase told me they probably got ahold of my number from some purchase made over the internet. How can these companies do this???? What can we call do to prevent this?? I have just joined LifeLock, which has put a red flag alert on my credit reports, and this is so horrid that honest, hard working citizens have to do all this when some fake company can get away with scamming hundreds, probably thousands of us? To whom do we turn???? Any ideas???? Thank you.

Comments

• Be
      6th of Oct, 2009

I have been with LifeLock for over a year, and I love it. Luckily, I've never had to call and dispute a claim.
    But when I applied for a car and personal bank loan, the banks will call me to verify it is really me who is applying for the credit. Plus, you get your credit reports on a regular basis...all for $10 a month...

I really feel safe with them.

Hope you will too...

• Gr
      18th of Jan, 2010

my graham davy unit 28/43 carberry street my email gdavy5@bigpond.com i would like cancel my memmbership with you please rely

• Gr
      18th of Jan, 2010

i would like canel my memmbership with my graham davy of unit 28/43 carbery street .

• Fa
      26th of Jan, 2010

hey did you guys hear that some of lifelocks employees are or may be stealing your identity it was on cnn or msnbc but it IS TRUE!!!