www.restaurant.com, www.shoppingessentialsplus.com / Be alerted!!! www.restaurant.com and www.shoppingessentialsplus.com, two dirty websites

United States Review updated:
So I purchased some giftcards from www.restaurant.com. Almost immediately, www.shoppingessentialsplus.com sent email about some registration of membership. It also threatened to charge me with so called membership fee. I called restaurant.com, some manager told me that restaurant.com is so "kind" to register all their customers to this "great" offer of shoppingessentialsplus.com. The customers doesn't even have to choose and is registered automatically for the service. F**k that!

You want to scam me while I paid you!? Sell my information for profits?

restaurant.com is a dirty business that you should be alerted of. shoppingessentialsplus.com? I am not going to spend a penny there.

I will call shoppingessentialsplus.com to cancel my membership. I will dispute with CC to get my money back. If those do not work, I will change my CC number or even cancel it. Go to hell, www.restaurant.com, www.shoppingessentialsplus.com, you dirty scammers!

Comments

Ka
  17th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also was scamed by shoppingessentialsplus.com I noticed it on my bank statement last month. I thought it was something I forgot to write down. So forgot about it until I saw it again on the Oct statement did not know what it was, but by the time I found out it was on Nov's statement. Went to my bank they told me to call them. Told them I wanted my money back and to stop charging my account and cancel my account. To make a long story short I just did this today Nov 17 but did find out that they got my bank card number from Class Mates .com. So beware of going to this site and joining it as I did for 3 months. Also classmates also charged me for another 3 months with out telling me.Still don't know if I will will get my 58.85 back if not the bank will take action and I will be getting a new bank card.
He
  20th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Same thing happened to me, from shoppingessentialsplus.com via classmates.com. A big scam. More people need to know about this.
He
  20th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
BTW, I joined classmates.com back in June 2008, and I just noticed this charge (2/20/09), so I haphazardly spent $179.55!

I should have been checking my bank statements closer.
Dj
  30th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree with all of you! we JUST got a credit card statement that says that we were charged 11.95 from Shoppingessentialplus.com! i NEVER authorized this purchase and it is not legal for them to charge your credit card without your authorization. I got all of their contact information off of their web site and I sent it to the better business bureau. I would HIGHLY recommend that all of you do the same and report what had happen to you that way we can put these scam artists out of business!
Dr
  22nd of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Just had the same experience! Purchased dining coupons at restaurant.com on 6/16/09 and received a plain evelope (no return address) with a billing notice from shoppingessentialsplus.com (try try typing that into your browser) today for $14.95 to be charged to my CC at the end of my "30-day trial". Yea right! Their automated phone system said I clicked on a banner ad and was enrolled. Presumably the card info received by restaurants.com when I made the transaction was passed to these criminals. Legitimate businesses don't accept ads from this type of ###.
Sk
  31st of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Had a similar experience. Purchased some restaurant coupons from restaurant.com
and without clicking on anything was enrolled in shoppngessentialsplus.com. Never received any notice of enrollement, only a charge to my credit card. One more reason to watch your credit card statements carefully!
Gl
  7th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
scammed by shopping essentials plus -- 19.95 on my visa, going to change card number right now -- called to cancel membership but don't trust them at all. No idea how they got my card number. eeks.
Jo
  27th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yeah, these guys are bad. I just saw today that my bank card was charged $22.95 from shoppingesentialsplus.com Called my bank and they are making a report etc.

These guys pulled a quick one using some sort of loop hole. I'm assuming they got my info from a company called Vitacost (which I have used in the past for purchasing vitamins etc.).

I don't want to use to much energy on this issue (but notice people, this is how these scammers get rich, by taking $10.00 here and there to where we know it's going on but don't see it important to follow through because, it's not worth the time to put in etc...do this to hundreds of people who don't have the "time" and money adds up quick) my bank is going to handle it and may just call Vitacost to see what's up (and tell them they will never get my business again). Calling Shopessentials plus was a joke, unhelpful. Even though I'd never been a member in the first place the woman ("Lakeesha") apologized and told me that they'd take me off the member ship list lol. Smoke and mirrors.

Lakeesha better have been the CEO or something to have the balls to tell me over the phone that she doesn't know why I was being charged $22.25 a month since last June. If it's to be member then I want to know who gave the authorization for that, because it certainly wasn't me.
Je
  22nd of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
CLASSMATES>COM sold me out too. They let shopping essentials have my credit card info.
They billed me $22.95 for months before I caught it. They have agreed to refund all of the money.
As of 01/22/10 lets see how long it takes them. THANKS CKASSMATES.COM real nice way way to treat your customers.

DID I MENTION "CLASSMATES.COM WILL SELL YOUR INFO" TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER TO RIP YOU OFF BEWARE CLASSMATES .COM RIPOFF!!
Na
  17th of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I got ripped off too by shoppingessencials.com, I received my cc statement and I knew I had not charged anything on it in 2 months there was a charge for 19.95 had no idea who this came from. I finally figured it out and cancelled my so called supscription that I agreed to( yeah right) hopefully they won't charge me again. Guess I will call the credit card and tell them no charges from these rip off artist.
Jo
  28th of Sep, 2010
maybe you all should have read the site before going click happy. a survey comes up asking if you want to sign up - i read it and clicked no thank you...and i have no charges
Ki
  27th of Oct, 2011
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I totally agree with you about shopping essentials, my husband ordered a gift for me for Christmas last year and they have been taking money out of my account since then. Telling me they can only refund 60 days worth, and I had called them twice before that and canceled they refunded me two other payments on those days and continued to still take money from my account. Now to date totaling a balance left over of $229.10 dollars they still owe me and refuse to give back. Saying my husband agreed to their terms which he is certain that he didn't, and I wouldn't trust them any way to that agreement. They also supplied me with a Consumer Affairs number 800-307-4560 that give their business hours and you can leave a message or dial 0 when you dial 0 it disconnects you, and when you leave a message it tells you 5 to 7 business days they will contact you. I don't believe that for one second. So I have dedicated the rest of my life to calling them every single day to get these monies returned.
Mi
  15th of Jan, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i was told i had "WON" a raffle and that they needed my e-mail and other personal info so as to send me a gift card to walmart . shopping essentials ask me how much my family and I shopped at walmart and what was the last big ticket item I purchased had been. Being excited that I had actually won something I told them it was a flat panel t.v They then ask me if I had used a visa or master card for my purchase when i told them they replayed "THAT IS CORRECT" !!! and could i please verify the last 4 digits of the card i used Like they already knew what card i had used .They most likely would have said the same thing had i said Master. so to day i got something in the mail from shopping essentials. I thought it was going to be the gift card but instead it was a membership book from shopping essentials . + explaining how they are going to bill my cc. for 19.95 a month. My cc has not been billed yet as for as i can see and i immediately canceled the membership i hope they don't bill me i called my cc company and told them not to except any billing from shopping essentials+ ...They said they would look into it. whatever that means...Any ways bottom line is "WINNERS BEWARE" if it sounds to good to be true!!! it is to good to be true