www.RecordsArea.com / Website didn't have the correct info it had represented before I purchased it!

I have already sent a complaint but I had errors in the original Subject of Complaint. I also want to know if this website does anything about the problem and getting a refund on my money or if this is just a place to make a complaint. I paid $39.99 for use of a website I feel should not even be available to the public; it offered how to get SSN #, a persons criminal record, there was a long list of things to look up that should not be given to the public. I was trying to find a county courthouse for a land deed.

Comments

• Be
      5th of Apr, 2008

I paid the fee, tried many times to research my family through death records, etc. and each time your system totally shuts down and I can't go any further. Please refund my money!! This system is not for me. Thank you.

• Sp
      5th of Aug, 2008

I am experiencing the same as above complaint. You cannot get the country checked off to remain on screen long enough to check off "search". I too am researching past family members and have come up empty. Please refund our money!!!

• Sp
      14th of Aug, 2008

Hey Guys!! Where are you? You were there to accept our money when we signed up!! What kind of luck do you expect in your miserable lives? Hope you got rich on us suckers. We put our faith in you and got zilch!! Good luck!! Keep the money. It will bring you nothing but grief. P.S. What is this Click-Bank?
    A. Taylor

• Dk
      5th of Nov, 2008

I would want my money back to feed my kids or put it to a better website...

• Pe
      28th of Nov, 2008

I Too have been trying to get information on te web site that I paid membership for . The web site either does not respond or just as you get what you think you want it crashes . I needed this information immediately for a yong man who had just lost both of his parents and asked my help. He not only didnt get the information he needed in time for thanksgiving but he had his hopes up in finding other family memebers and once again had another heart break. I think it is disusting that so many people in this world just set up things to scam others rather than go out and make an honest living. I will dispute the charges with my credit card company but wish that they would stop wasting peoples time.

• Sc
      1st of Dec, 2008

I had the same problems, not being able to login, not ever getting information. I sent a email to recordarea.com telling them I was reporting them to internet fraud they sent me a email for a new login account, that was a wast even though I could login it never gave me one report. This is a scam and I have reported them to internet fraud.

• Sw
      29th of Dec, 2008

I too got scammed. I do not have any long story to tell. I think it is wrong that google list this site to use. It was like the 3rd one on the page. I paid 29.95 for something I thought was going to give me a stress relive, but it just made it worse. Can someone please tell me how to report internet fraud.

• Ba
      1st of Jan, 2009

I have also been scammed, I thought I could find a death in England but couldn't infact all I could find was a list of addresses I could find in any phoone book

• Lo
      16th of Jan, 2009

I feel that this is a scam too. I have been to other genealogy sites and have had very good success. this one is a total ripoff and I am really disappointed that I paid money for something so useless. I too would like to report internet fraud.

• Pe
      12th of Feb, 2009

I am joining the ranks of those who were scammed. They said there were results available so I paid. But the PREMIUM search yielded "nothing found"!! I will try to stop payment on the card but I doubt I can

• Sh
      12th of Feb, 2009

I too paid a fee of $39.95 for an invisible and unobtainable web site. When attempting to access the website I even made sure that I typed in
    RecordsArea.com because it had stated it was "case sensitive". To no avail. I will attempt to dispute this charge, but have a feeling it will be useless. Is it possible to file a class action suit against this website, perhaps for fraud?

• Te
      14th of Feb, 2009

This company is a fraud! We need to contact are Credit Card companies and the Better B.B. and report these scam artists.

• Fr
      14th of Feb, 2009

I could not reach them thru my ISP, but could thru Internet Explorer for some reason.

• Mi
      20th of Feb, 2009

this site sucks took my money but did not let me get in to any site or information at all, all it did was take my money total SCAM mike

• Ka
      28th of Feb, 2009

I PURCHASED THE PROGRAM ALSO AND WHEN I EMAILED THEM THEY NEVER ANSWERED. OF COURSE THEY NEVER REFUNDED MY $. FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD.

• Co
      10th of Mar, 2009

I too would like my money back! Looks like that will never happen by all the fraudulent comments before me. They do not have what they say they do. I too am disappointed in Google.

• La
      20th of Mar, 2009

this web site is fake. who else can we contact to get our money back that was illegally taken? we are people looking for lost or just family members. we trusted this web site with our money an we get scammed!!! this needs to be STOPPED!!! I haven't been on here but for 20 minutes, and i am really disapointed. i want my money bac!!!

Lavina

25th of Mar, 2009

Want my money back this is a farce I am looking for family m, embers and can't even get me I will be approaching the better business bureau about this site also market place what a scam

pay my money back or else...

martha

• Gb
      11th of May, 2009

I also was scammed by the above site.