www.RD.ca/JackPot / Terrible experience!

22 10245 116 street T5K 1W3Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
4.1

I received with this month's edition of RD, an insert stating 'You could win thousands on the net!' and giving www.rd.ca/jackpot. When I tried this, there seems to be no such sight, as this just pulled up complaints board, and nothing about a jackpot.

Comments

Sa
  31st of Jan, 2008
Is this a scam.. and if so ,what a horrable thing to do to loyal subscribers! We have come to trust the Readers Digest name and this is how you treat us. From now on watch what you are sending out in my subsciption.
Ps
  12th of Feb, 2008
I had the same experience. Is it a scam and if so why would RD be doing that. I mean Readers Digest has been around for ever and are (were) trusted as well!!! So what do they have to say for themselves?????

Tile
Ka
  12th of Feb, 2008
Why put the insert in the Readers Digest if there's no site to enter the contest. I've always trusted RD and felt that anything with their name on it was legit. Not so?
Sd
  17th of Feb, 2008
It's not the first time with the rd. I've been a subscriber for years but this is it. I'm not renewing my subscription . Shame on you readers digest. The bigger they get the less I trust them.
Sh
  23rd of Feb, 2008

www.RD.ca/JackPot - no way to access website
readers digest
Tisdale
Saskatchewan
Canada
Phone: 306-873-4058
www.rd.ca/jackpot

when i tried to get to this website it was only about complaints about rd and I have same complaint as ones I seen in there. This is not the first time this has happened to me with this website.
Sh
  27th of Feb, 2008
I have tried to enter this so called "contest" as well, several times over the month with no results. I kept re-checking my spelling, as well, I e-mailed RD with no response. What up with the fake contest?!

I expected better from Reader's Digest.
Ma
  28th of Feb, 2008
I too just now have again tried to access the "Jackpot Contest" with no success. Since the contest 'closes February 29th, 2008 at midnight' this seems to be an exercise in futility! Surely RD should make a public apology for this mix up and whoever was in charge of enclosing the pamphlet with my magazine last month should be fired!
Da
  5th of Mar, 2008
What a bunch of garbage to send to us. Try and try again for a www. address that doesn't exist. For shame!!!
Wi
  11th of Apr, 2008
I have tried to enter your jack pot contest e-mail which was sent to me on april 10/08 .I tried several times to gain entry to my e-mail; would not allow me to access my number.
Aj
  15th of Apr, 2008
Please be advised that when my current subscription expires I will no longer be renewing it. I am totally fed up with all the phony websites. Just got an insert with the last magazine that was for an ipodtouch. All that was necessary was to go to www.rd.ca/ipodtouch and enter the enclosed number. 65972. IT DOES NOT EXIST. So much for THAT.
Do
  18th of Apr, 2008
Cannot obtain www.rd.ca/ipodtouch. No web site exists for this
Tj
  22nd of Apr, 2008
I agree with all the above complaints. I, too tried to log on for the ipod with acess code: 65972...it does not seem to exist. Whats up with that? RD always seemed trustworthy.I wonder whats happening. I'm disappointed in them.
Fa
  23rd of Apr, 2008
I too tried to enter the draw for the ipod and the web site apparently does not exist. This is no way to keep good customers.
Jo
  23rd of Apr, 2008
not the first time for me also, , just received anothercontest in this months book, ipod giveaway, , no such site, , just complaints galore... french canada given the rest of the world the finger, , hummn just my humble opinion thanks in advance ...
Ru
  24th of Apr, 2008
They also give better magazine rates to Us customers and get very rude when you question why.
Je
  24th of Apr, 2008
I received a notice of the contest "iPod touch. There is no such contest in the e mail address. Also, do we all have the same number? 65972.

RD, what gives here?
Ir
  25th of Apr, 2008
Just received my copy of Rd. Enclosed was a card to win an ipod. Of course you can not access the code 65972. What is it just a ploy to get your e=mail address or what. If you are going to run a contest at least let people enter. I know from now on the advertising material will go in the garbage unread.
Ha
  25th of Apr, 2008
Some one is not living up to there job description & passing the buck to some one else.Get better organized RD, your reparation is at stake.
Wa
  29th of Apr, 2008
contest - ipodtouch - cannot find. code on card 65972
Ju
  29th of Apr, 2008
the same problem -- tried to access the web site sent with this months magazine but unable to. This site was the only related site I could find.

Readers Digest / Trusted Media Brands Logo Readers Digest / Trusted Media Brands
Overall Satisfaction Rating