www.pricewisefavors.com / Unresponsive

I ordered some wedding favors from this company because they had the cheapest shipping rates. It took four weeks to get my order. I received an email three days before receiving my order stating that the owner was sick so he was behind in shipping. I was not satisfied with the favors I received. They looked cheap and I decided I could do without. I tried calling the 1-800 number listed on the website to get a return number and the address to which I would need to ship the favors. There was a recording telling customers to email the company and they would respond within three business days. Here it is three months later and I have yet to receive a response to any of my THREE emails! I find it appalling to offer a "satisfaction guarantee" on the website and then to treat customers in this manner. It's unforgivable. Brides, PLEASE, stay away from this company. All they do is added much more unneeded stress to your planning!!

Comments

• Pw
      30th of Jul, 2009

I am extremely sorry for everything. I refunded the customer in full.

I was very very ill and got behind on emails last month. Then to make matters worse at the end of last month we had several days where emails coming in to us were delayed by over a week due to a smtp server problem. We sent out an email blast around July 10th to ask anyone with unresolved issues to reply. Customer did not reply at that time.

I have made several changes to how I do business. I just hired a full time person just to answer the phone (instead of having a recording telling people to email). I also have a person to help with emails and if I am ever ill again or anything else happens I have an entire plan and people that will take over. I will never let this happen again. We have received a very positive response to the changes we have made and now have several testimonials on the site from satisfied customers.

• Qu
      5th of Aug, 2009

Until I posted this complaint, the owner of the company ignored all three emails I sent. And, I would like to point out that I sent the first two emails in JUNE, not July, so the server error excuse does nothing for me. And I would also like to point out that he was "ill" in May when I ordered the favors and that's the excuse I was given for them taking 4 weeks to arrive. If he's that "ill" he should either take a hiatus or put a notice on his website stating that shipping is suspended for "X" amount of time.

He did refund my money, but I am still concerned that I, a customer, was ignored until I posted this complaint and his sales started hurting. It's poor customer service, period.

• Ra
      11th of May, 2011

I ordered favors on the 28th of May 2011 for my wedding which is next month. I called on the 11th no one answered it took me through all these prompts and forced me to leave a voice mail. I had to get out of character on the voicemail and leave a nasty message, someone called me back named Shawn and would not give me his last name he claimed his boss name was Scott. He stated he sent me an email and informed me that the item was discontinued on the same day I order however, this didnt stop them from taking the money out of my account on the May 2nd. Everything about this business sounds fake and I am very upset I have wasted my time dealing with them. Now I have to find new favors. They said they would refund my money by the end of the week which will be May 13th I pray that they do or i will continue to call and take further actions if they don't. I recomend not using this company for anything it causes to much stress for a bride who is already stressed out.

• Br
      20th of May, 2011

Oh, boy. I was just about to order the Murano favors for my wedding because of their prices. Unfortunately, I am no longer interested. I woulkd rather pay a higherprice with less stress as a bride. Thank you for the advanced warning.

• Cu
      31st of May, 2011

I recently order 80 favors for my wedding from Pericewise favors. I was sceptical due to online complaints, but decided to order anyways. I was extremely pleased with thier punctual delivery and service. I was actually shocked to receive my favors within 3 business days. I had a problem with 5 of the favors due to shipping and gave them a call regarding the items. They immediately told me without question, they would refund me or send me 5 new favors. I chose 5 new favors because I needed them and received them within 3 days. Great company!!!Disregard every complaint you hear. It may not apply to you.

• Un
      30th of Sep, 2012

Quality Kid- I completely agree with your attitude on this complaint and Rhani you hit the nail on the head when you said "this business sounds fake." I ordered personalized favors for our wedding. Checked a good portion of 150 + items; they looked good and then sent them to the wedding planner to hold until the wedding. Little did I know, there was a significant portion of the personalized favors that were defective, to the point of embarrassment. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this until later that night, when a couple guests brought it to our attention. I was so busy that night playing host, I did not have time to go around and collect the defective ones that said "name 1 & name 2" when they actually should have said our NAMES!! By the end of the night the favors were gone. Upon, contacting customer service, he became very defensive and blamed me for not "inspecting properly." I did my due my diligence and checked a large portion, but I also did place some trust in this company as a consumer and didn't "inspect" every single one. In the end, I only got in an e-mail battle/debate with him. He spent more time trying to personally attack & debate me than to try and rectify the situation. I felt like I was in the twilight zone when dealing with Scott. He should spend more time trying to change his attitude when it comes to customer service concerns, rather than being demeaning and defensive.To be honest, a little "compassion" or a genuine sorry would have gone a long way considering this was regarding a wedding favor tied to an emotional and special event. It was past the the 30 days and I didn't have the defective favors in my possession, nor a photo, as he wanted, so nothing ever came of it. Bottom line, I was very unsatisfied in the end. A rude e-mail with a "kindest regards" stamped at the end of it does not suffice as "professional." Don't take your chances with this company. I would have paid hundreds more, if it meant I wouldn't be sitting here today writing this complaint.

• Ni
      21st of May, 2014

I recently placed an order for communion favors. When I went to check on the order status, it stated that it was delivered BUT to a completely different name and address. Apparently, they messed up on the shipping label and delivered my package to some random person. I was left without any favors and they said they could not overnight them to me or get them from the other person, but could send them to me late which would be past the communion date, so I said no. Not worth the stress!!! Now, if you call customer service, you can't even talk to someone. You are told to email them. I did and have not gotten a response from Scott. Any other company would have given a credit or something to use for future orders.

21st of May, 2014

Good day I too am in a horrible situation at the moment. They have stopped answering the phones and they have refused to reply to my several emails. I ordered $300 worth of items for a wedding and now I have not received anything and it seems that I have lost my money too. I can't believe I was ripped off so blindly by these folks. (S. Ali Order#93769)

• Sm
      3rd of Jun, 2014

I just experienced their amazing customer service. I reached out to see about my order only to receive a full refund and then an email stating their was a glitch and my order won't be ready in time. I ordered personalized glassware and now I won't be able to get them any where because of short notice. This owner has many excuses but bottom line is you have now ruined a part of my wedding day.

• Hu
      5th of Jun, 2014

I wish I would have read these comments before I placed my order. I ordered 80 favors for a baby shower which is in a couple of days and haven't received them yet. My daughter and mom -to-be is currently in hospital and hopefully being discharged soon. Fighting with the favor company is not something I care to deal with right now. I hope they make good and express those favors to me.

• Fa
      10th of Jun, 2014

I really wish I would have read these comments before my order.
    I have placed my order in end of May but still hasn't shipped my order yet and they are not sure when they will. I've been calling them but couldn't get through, email only they said. They took the money on the same they I placed an order but not yet to ship the order. I'm not expecting great customer service but I just want my order ASAP. Now my events are next week, I don't know what I should do...

• Ge
      17th of Jun, 2014

I placed an order May 1st for my Bridal Shower Favours, and I have yet to receive anything yet- todays date is June 17th, 2014. Emails have gone back and forth, and basically I keep getting the run-around. Apparently the shipment has been shipped twice, and the owner-Scott, keeps saying how sorry he is, and how is waiting for a tracking number, and he is trying to locate the shipment, but nothing has really be done. Communication is terrible, he doesn't email you until you contact him. My money thankfully was reimbursed, but only because that was the right thing to do and I opened up a PayPal dispute. I am stuck with nothing but aggravation from this JOKE of a company. BEWARE- don't purchase anything from this company, because you won't end up with your shipment. You'll just feel aggravated, and harp on him for communication.

• Ka
      20th of Jun, 2014

I am in the same boat. The company has an 800 number to call but the recorder says email the company because basically no one is going to answer the phone. That was my first issue. Later on, the estimated delivery was June 17. I was never given a tracking number since I've placed my order on June 9th. This company is unorganized and does not treat customers very fairly. The company has not given me a new tracking number at all and I'm requesting a refund now. On top of this, June 20 (today) I try going on their website and it's not in service. It's as if the company is not even an actual company. Very disappointing.
    BEWARE - don't believe the great reviews especially when there is no contact info from "happy customers". They could all be made up for all I know. Very fishy business.

• Me
      20th of Jun, 2014

same issue and my event is in 2 days and no sign of my favors im worried and the website is down to boot and the phone number seems disconnected!

• La
      20th of Jun, 2014

I ordered favors for my daughter in law to be bridal shower on May 22 I immediately paid via PayPal. It is now the day before the shower and NO FAVORS! Scott the owner assured me I would receive them on time. Now the website is down and none of my emails have been answered! I am so upset for a number of reasons, it was the one thing I was asked to do and now I have nothing plus I paid in full!!!

• La
      20th of Jun, 2014

Does anyone have the owners contact information? He needs to be accountable for his actions.

20th of Jun, 2014

Looks like his name is Mr. Scott McGillivary and he's in Thousand Oaks, CA, according to last address with BBB. I've been trying the number I found on my Amex bill for this merchant but it's no longer in service. Finally today the website says they are permanently closed and give an address for refunds, etc. They say that all pending orders are cancelled but oddly the payments aren't going to be automatically refunded. Funny. They have records of the orders...They had the time to run my card and charge me, 3 weeks ago, but don't have a process for refunding the orders automatically. My guess is this guy knew this website was no longer usable because the reviews were so bad that he is starting over somewhere new. He has put me in a horrible situation, I leave for my reception in 3 days, overseas, with no favors. We are scrambling to do something else but who needs the drama. Mr. McGillivary, many thanks for your shady biz practices. You are a prince.

• Sk
      20th of Jun, 2014

I ordered baby shower favors on June 7th 2014. Received a first email confirming my order and it said the estimated date would be June 19th 2014. I did not receive my order. When I sent an email,
    I got a respond back saying that the website has shut down permanently and no orders will be shipped. It also said not to send further emails as they wouldn't be responded. When I dialed 1-800 number, it said the number was not recognized. All of these tells me that this
    website is a spam. PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!

• Ka
      20th of Jun, 2014

Well the company "closed" and is requesting that customers "mail any refund or financial matters" to him in Thousand Oaks Cali. It's closed. I think from all the complaints, everyone was able to catch up to this scammer. Thankfully Paypal will be able to refund me.

• Pr
      20th of Jun, 2014

Check every company's ratings/reviews on GOOGLE SHOPPING first.
    He had only 14 reviews and they were mixed.

That's a red flag when there are other companies on there with tons of great reviews.

We got burned too. Not even getting a refund. Send a letter...sure.

I didn't even think to check their reputability before ordering. Only found ratings on google shopping after this disaster.