www.policestands.com / Internet Fraud

1 321 Raupp BlvdBuffalo Grove, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 847-459-9033

http://www.policestands.com, http://www.Autolaptopstands.com, http://www.autolaptoplinkinc.com

I recently placed an order with this company an never received my product. I ordered a laptop mount for my truck and was charged over $96.00 dollars and never received the product. Unfortunately I used a debit card. So there is no way to get my money back. The company did however send UPS a shipping notice. But never received the product to be shipped. Here is what I received from UPS:

'This message was sent to you at the request of AUTOLAPTOPLINK to notify you that the package information below has been transmitted to UPS. The package(s) may not have actually been placed with UPS for shipment.'

As you can see they merely send this to fool you into believing it is being sent when actually the company is ripping you off. Notice the last sentence from UPS it states "The package(s) may not have actually been placed with UPS for shipment." Well they were never shipped or received by UPS. Absolute Fraud. They have since changed there web address to http://www.policestands.com Please beware anyone who deals with these people. As you can see this guy changes his website address very often to avoid people catching on to his fraud. I should have known from the poor quality cheesy website upon looking at it. They also say there open 24/7? Never received a call back or e-mail back and I've sent dozens of e-mails and called numerous times. Never to get an answer or return e-mail nessage.

IF YOU WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF THIS IS THE WEBSITE THAT WILL GET YOU.

Comments

• Cs
      7th of Jan, 2009

I 100% agree with the previous post. On Dec 23 2007 I purchased a laptop stand from these people. Luckily I printed off my invoice because I never received an email receipt. Two weeks later it still has not shown up. I had to call Visa to get them to credit my account. When you call you only get Voicemail and no one every returns any calls or emails. Do not use this company.

• Kg
      3rd of Feb, 2009

SAME HERE- THESE PEOPLE ARE DISRESPECTFUL AND WILL RIP YOU OFF. I RECEIVED MY PRODUCT DEFECTIVE, ITS BEEN 2 WEEKS AND STILL HAVENT RECIEVED A REPLACEMENT. THEY DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE OR EMAILS. NEVER A STRAIGHT ANSWER! I FILED A BBB REPORT AGAINST THEM TOO.

• St
      4th of Feb, 2009

I also agree with you, I placed my order-never got a tracking number or the product. I said hell with this, I called the Attorney Generals office too, my local police dept., my bank, buffalo grove police dept- they already have an ongoing investigation with them and the internet fraud dept. and the BBB and some others- I WILL NOT STOP AND I WILL GET THESE PEOPLE THROWN IN JAIL AND SHUT DOWN!! Their time is coming too!!

25th of Feb, 2009

Home based company is dragging Buffalo Grove’s name in the dirt!
    To whom it may concern:
    My wife and I recently had the unfortunate opportunity to do business with what we later learned was a home based business located in Buffalo Grove IL. My wife found their website, now they have two different ones www.autolaptops.com and www.policestands.com and she ordered an auto laptop stand for a Christmas present for our son. She had to pay for the stand up front and used a credit card to do so. She never received a confirmation number from the company. She contacted the company just before Christmas to try and learn the status of our order. She was told that they were behind on the orders and that we could cancel the order or they could ship it late. My wife chose to allow the late shipment. The stand finally arrived in late January. When we opened the box we realized it was not the model we had ordered and that the stand was very poorly constructed. It was no more than a homemade stand. My wife contacted the company told them that we did not receive what we had ordered. The lady named Beth said that we were sent the “up graded” model. My wife explained to Beth that my son could not use that model and that we needed the portable model. My wife sent photos to Beth to prove we were sent the wrong one. The company made no offer to correct the problem. My wife then asked about sending the stand back. Beth told her that someone in the return department would have to contact her and that we would be receiving instructions and a return code within a few days for the return. As the days passed by my wife emailed the company requesting the return code and shipping instructions. We never received anything from them. Two weeks passed and I called the company and was speaking to Beth who was trying to push me off by telling me that the lady who does the returns was out sick. Finally an unidentified male voice in the back ground told her to tell me a return code. She told me to put that code on the outside of the box. Beth explained that once they receive the stand a refund would be issued within two days. I boxed the stand in the same box it was shipped to us in and took it to the UPS store. When I filled out the paper work I learned that the address for the so called company was a residential address. Policestands.com received the stand on February 16, 2008. I spoke to by phone again on February 20th. She informed me that the stand was received and that a refund would be issued by close of business on Friday February 20th or no later than Monday February 23rd. As of today February 25th I have not received my refund. I contacted policestands.com yesterday and was told by no other than Beth again that the lady who does the refunds was out sick. I told her that I was promised a refund last Friday and told Beth that I wanted a full refund immediately or I would be contacting the BBB and the District attorney in Buffalo Grove. She told me that she was not going to be threatened and asked for my number to have the owner call me back. I provided her with my phone number and she hung up. I received a call from policestands.com yesterday afternoon around 5:30PM central time. The man on the phone was very rude. He asked me “what’s the problem?” I told him that I don’t know you tell me I want my money back for the stand. He said well you can work with me or you can go to the attorney general it’s up to me. I said no it’s up to you I want my refund. He said that we are having a freaking epidemic up here and everyone is sick and that the lady who does the refunds is out sick. He said he just does not allow just anyone to mess in the funds. I told him I was promised a refund last Friday. He said well what do you want to do? He then again brought up about the attorney general. I said look I just want my money back. He said well I can get it to you Friday. I said well ok do it by Friday. I do not believe a word he said and I do not believe he will refund any money to me. I have found two other links online where people have posted about the fraud committed by this company. They should be put out of business. The links to the other complaints are….https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/wwwpolicestandscom-c139829.html and https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/policestandscom-c159872.html .
    Thank you for your time.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

• Po
      25th of Feb, 2009

THINGS YOU CAN DO- First off what you need to do is call your bank (credit card fraud number) and they will give you your money back and do a fraud investigation, then call your local police and file a fraud report (the case number needs to be given to the bank for there fraud investigation report), also there is a link online to the Ill. State Attorney Generals Office and file that report (those people are wonderful!!), also contact the BBB, and what is called IC3.gov (that goes straight to the FBI and Internet Fraud Division and an actual FBI Agent contacted me about the case and came to my house) and contact the Buffalo Grove, IL police dept also if you want, but if you live outside the city of Buffalo Grove, this is no use to you, your local pd will contact them and so on. Yes we ALL want our money back, but also I want justice and trust me justice will be served :)

• My
      27th of Feb, 2009

can anyone tell me the home address that policestands.com is using ? i also have gotten ripped off. thanks

• My
      27th of Feb, 2009

If anyone is starting a "class action suit" against this company, let me know, or if anyone wants to start one. Thanks

• Fr
      9th of Mar, 2009

I am in the process of sendind certified letters to the COC, BBB, Dept of the Inspector General and the Fraud Attorney.
    If any one would like to be contacted please post here. I am sending a copy of this posting.

6th of Apr, 2009

Everyone needs to call the FBI, and the city police where this company is located. I found out they run this out of their little house. Google some of their address, and you will see their little shack. The guys that runs all this is Matt Austin, He runs Austin Mechancial Sales, thier number is 815-633-6555 and Matt Autstin cell is 815-289-1008. Everyone needs to work together. We need a website about this and someone to take charge. Google policestands and you will find many differnt things about them. If you go the BBB and type of policestands.com. they are now using a differnt location. How many of you would be willing to supply information. I m going to contact the FBI and their local police after I get done getting all the information on the web and anything esle i can get. Soon as i get this done, i will foward this to the pros and let them go after these folks.

• St
      16th of Apr, 2009

I was just done the same way...im fighting to get my money back as well...but have also filed a complaint with my credit card company...these people are rud and complete jurks !!!

You've got my vote !! I was out almost $300.00 !!!

19th of Apr, 2009

If anyone wants to email me I will head up a site call fraudinvestigationteam.com. The email is info@fraudinvestigationteam.com We need to get facts so we can send all this on one sheet to the right people.

19th of Apr, 2009

I will be wroking on the website soon, I want to create something for evreyone to use.

• Ro
      26th of May, 2009

I agree I have been waiting since Aug.08 spoke with them numerous times and received the same except for one other issue I live in Canada and they like to put the blame on customs as well.
    I have been polite to them and they never disrespected me except for being liars and thieves.
    I use the web to purchase a lot of things, I guess I will check out sites a little better from now on.

• Wi
      20th of Dec, 2009

I received mine finally after 2 months of push and shove. Wish I didnt. poor quality bounces all over the place.
    Called to ask for help I must not have installed it correctly. Bounced so badly had dell come out to repair hinges.
    Still no help the stand doesnt actually hold a laptop it just sits on it so bungee cords are how you are suppose to hold it together. Any one wanting to push forward email me