www.outdrives.com / www.outdrives.com complaint: FRAUD

1 1252 SE 1st WAY , Deerfield Beach , FL 33441 . , Deerfield Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 954-480-9647

I purchased a set of Mercruiser Engine Gaskets (Part Number 27-80671A96) and a Remote Generation 11 with cables (part Number 883710A03), on the 14th of January 2010.
I was promised 3 days lead time to shipping and 2 weeks Express DHL postage.

I paid Sterndrives.com direct with an amount of USD$ 892 (Eight Hundred and Ninety two US Dollars).

Since date of payment Sterndrives.com have not replied to one email or taken any of my phone calls.
Please assist as I live in Mauritius (Indian Ocean), and would really like a refund or the spares I purchased…

This kind of internet fraud needs to stopped as its damaging to all on-line users and business. (and is giving the USA a POOR image!)

If you can help with PUBLIC pressure or assisting to investigate to establish if this company actually exists or is a spoof. THE PUBLIC need to be protected from this kind of FRAUD…

www.sterndrive.com of 1252 SE 1st WAY, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441 . USA, advertises to be an online MERCRUISER Marine engine and Spares supplier.

Their CONTACT details as follows:
[protected]@bellsouth.net
Phone [protected]
Fax [protected]

PLEASE! I need your help.

Should you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

HAMISH HAMILTON

Comments

• Ha
      4th of Apr, 2010

Thanks Gents for all the replies, and the support.
    Oh: I was wrong about the URL: ITS www.sterndrives.com (not outdrives.com)

But ...Today, I finally got an email reply out of wwwsterndrives.com…. not the reply a wanted! But a reply never the less! They are obviously very pissed at me for reporting them to the DEERFIELD Police and my threads on www.my3cents.com, https://www.complaintsboard.com and here!
    Anyway… I have again written back and asked for either a refund or the spares! Its that simple!
    So far… no reply!
    Lets see if they do the right thing now and recover their tarnished position!
    I will keep you posted! And yes: I will retract my statements about them, should they come thru and deliver! Either my money back or the spares! Its that simple!
    Yes, I did a Google earth search and was horrified to find it’s the premise of www.sterndrives.com is actually a shabby residential shack, with no sign of any business activity, never mind the ‘talk’ of marine engineers and stock and and and and as per their web page! A worrying thing!
    So, Im afraid I’ve been had ! Maybe a good thing it has all come to light! Might save many more from falling victim!
    May this be a lesson to us all! My lessons here are:
    a) Don’t do business with a company that ‘looks’ good on the net!
    b) Check they have a proper office and business premise that can be inspected.
    c) Check with other boat dealers / operators BEFORE buying on the net.
    d) Ie: do your homework first!
    e) Don’t pay them direct, as I did!

Happy Boating guys, and thanks for the support.