www.NATURES-ACAI.COM RENO NV / Unauthorized charges

1 Reno, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-983-7968

I ordered a free sample of the acai-berry for a 4.99 free trial. When I got my credit card bill I was charged $85.91. I never authorized the company to bill me for the $85.91 charge and I thought I was going to receive a product that I could try before I purchased anything else. Watch out for unrecognized charges on your bank account. You really do have to stand your ground and insist that your money be refunded. Now I'll have to wait & see.

Just a word of warning. Please check your credit cards for billing from: DJMLIFESTYLEFITCOM [protected] UT

I believe they are somehow connected . I did get a confirmation stating my money would be refunded...but we will see.

BUYER BEWARE!!!

Comments

Cr
  13th of Mar, 2009

I too ordered a free sample with the agreement to pay s+h .. I now have 3 charges on my card 1) for the $4.99 the others 79.96 & the other 85.91. total amount of $170.86.Its terrible that they can get away with this.. I will never make any purchases online.

Mw
  14th of Mar, 2009

I agree this company is a scam, I just called and cancelled my account, make sure you got 3 confirmation numbers of the cancellation. I think that it is for each charge otherwise they can keep charging your account. This company is taking advantage of the consumer

Vi
  17th of Mar, 2009

company lied, stating trail of acai berry for s&h for 1.99 fee only .unauthorized charge note debit card for 79.96
they wont refund my money. virginia delarosa in peoria, az

La
  18th of Mar, 2009

I ordered a free sample of the Acai and was charged $79.96 on my credit card. I called the company to complain and the girl gave me a conformation number, but said she could not give me back my money. I told her I would be reporting this to The Better Business Bureau. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she hung up the phone. I called back and was told the charges would be returned. I still don't believe her, but we will see. Larry Curtis

Ma
  23rd of Mar, 2009

I called 1-800-983-7968 to complain about an unauthorized charge to my credit card by this company. I was informed that my "15 day free trial" had expired and so was subject to the charge. After getting nowhere w the first person I spoke to, I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was then put on hold for about 12 minutes before a supervisor, Roslyn, picked up the call. She informed me that there were 4 other charges on the account, for a grand total of $236.67, not including the initial $4.95. I remained calm and insistent that I had not authorized such charges and that they must be removed. After only about 5 minutes, Roslyn backed down and authorized that all of the charges would be rescinded. I told her that I would keep close track of my credit account to make sure that was done.

Martin T

Am
  23rd of Mar, 2009

I am so livid right now. I just checked my credit card and received two bogus charges listed under DJMLIFESTYLEFITCOM 800-9576988 UT. I googled it and came to this complaint blog. I called the # listed and talked to 3 representives. The message before didn't say the company's name so when the rep asked me for my 1st and last, I asked for the companies name 1st. Instantly, they were having a "bad connection!!!". Are you kidding me? They advised to call back and hoped to have a better connection. By the 3rd rep, I was so fired up, The lady started with the same deal, "your phone has a bad connection" I in turn said, "how convenient for you to have a bad connection when I'm inquiring about your company and these charges when you've heard me and I've heard you crystal clear". Then it becomes more blaten when, I'm sorry, what, I can't hear you? What did you say? These people are getting paid to scam. I ordered the free trial of Acai and they did the same as everyone listed above. My credit card was charged, I called and raised hell, would not give me my money back because it was in the "conditions" before I ordered the free trial. Anyway, I've cancelled the whole thing making sure that they would not swindle extra charges on me and now this crap! I'm breathing fire right now. I don't like to be taken advantage of or played and we are all getting played here. Has anyone taken further action and who, (other than disputing with your credit card), did you talk to, to get these charges refunded?
Amanda
Columbus OH

Ch
  29th of Mar, 2009

I too ordered a free sample with the agreement to pay s+h .. I now have 2 charges on my account one for 79.96 & the other 85.91. I requested for my account to be refunded for the total amount.They said that they would only refund 85.91 and that I would have to be transferred to a supervisor. So I spoke to the so called "supervisor" I stated that I did not receive the product and that I don't want it anymore and that I wanted my refund for $79.96 plus the 85.91. He refused to refund the $79.96 and said he would send me the product anyway. I still have not received any refund nor the product. I have filed a complaint with Better Business Bureaus (www.bbb.org). And I will continue to harrass them until they refund my money!
Christine
Pawtucket, RI

Su
  31st of Mar, 2009

I just was billed $79.96 for this berry pill and i am so angry they went ahead and charged my credit card. So i asked to speak with the supervisor and I am on hold as I write this. Joseph " The supervisor" and he continually asked for my address(which I would not provide, so they could send more product) I asked to speak with the manager Leah Ross and informed her of this bogus operation they are running and I would run their company to the ground. After threatning that, they refunded my money of $79.96. They also informed me that I signed up for an online fitness program called fitfactory., .What? for 29.96 plus 2.29 for wahtever. they would not even help eme with these charges..
dont byy anything online people you will be ripped off.
Susan B.
Brookville, Ohio

Ma
  10th of Apr, 2009

I'm not normally the kind of person who wishes ill on others but, for these folks, not the people on the phone, they get minimum wage, but the greedy ### who are raking in our money, a nice case of Ebola is my Easter wish for them. I'm not going to bother trying to get my money back. Lesson learned, nothing is free!

Yv
  24th of Apr, 2009

ANOTHER VICTIM

I TOO AM A VICTIM OF ALL THE COMPLAINTS MENTIONED ABOVE AND WORSE:

HERE'S WHAT NATURE ACAI'S RENO NEVADA DID WITHOUT MY PERMISSION:

1) 2/20/09 SIGNED UP FOR 14 DAYS FREE TRIAL.

2) 2/20/09 NATURES ACAI RENO NV. CHARGED MY ACCOUT $4.99
2/22/09 DRI BROMALITE CHARGE OF $4.95 (Shipping Fee)
3) 3/7/09 COMPANY CHARGED MY ACCT . AGAIN WITHOUT MY PERMISSION - $ 79.96.
IN THE MEANTIME - IT IS NOW OVER 14DAYS HAVE NOT HAVE THE CHANCE TO TRY THE PRODUCT.
3/10/09 DRI BROMALITE ANOTHER CHARGE OF
$69.95

3) RECEIVED BOTTLE AFTER 30 DAYS.

4) 3/16/09 GOT ANOTHER CHARGE FROM DJM LIFESTYLEFIT FOR $29.95

5) 3/21/09 ANOTHER CHARGE FROM DJM FOR $2.95

THIS TIME THEY NOW GAVE THEMSELVE LIBERTY TO CHARGE MY ACCOUNT AND UP THE AMOUNT

6) 3/23/09 ANOTHER CHARGE FROM NATURES ACAI RENO NEVADA FOR $ 85.91

7) 4/24/09 ANOTHER CHARGE OF $85.91 FROM ACAI

8) 4/24/09 DRI BROMALITE FOR $69.95

9) 4/21/09 DJM $2.95 (FOR WHAT THE HECK, I DO NOT KNOW / NEVER RECEIVED ANTHING FORM THIS COMPANY AND I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR IT)

10) 4/16/09 DJM LIFESTYLEFIT $29.95

I BEGGED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND THEY NOW CLOSED MY ACCOUNT AND WILL ISSUE ME A NEW CARD WITH A NEW CREDIT CARD NUMBER SO THAT THIS COMPANY WILL NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO MY CREDIT CARD.

TOTAL CHARGES ALL TOGETHER:

$ 467.42 IN LESS THAN TWO MONTHS.

WHAT A RIP-OFF.

NOT FDA APPROVED.
MAKES YOU ALL JITTERY
MAKES YOU IRRITABLE
MAKES YOU ANGRY.
DOES NOT MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD.
NOT GOOD FOR PEOPLE WITH ASTHMA
DIFFICULT IN BREATHING.
MAKES YOU FEEL MAD.

THE BOTTOM LINE.
NEGATIVE RESULT.

LET ALL JUST EAT RIGHT, EXERCISE AND SAVE
OUR MONEY.

CALL YOUR CREDIT COMPANY. THEY WILL HELP YOU.
CALL YOU ATTORNEY GENERAL.
LET THE BBB KNOW.