www.NATURES-ACAI.COM / UNARTHORIZED CHARGE

1 3307 KEITH AVEKnoxville, TN, United States Review updated:

They charged $ 79.96 to my account without me knowing . I've already called my credit card company and told them. You had a toll free number but left off one number so I couldn't call and talk to anyone . Please take it off my account as soon as you can.

Comments

• Ca
      23rd of Feb, 2009

My name is Carl Rosen, I have a charge of 79.96 as of February 12, 2009, on my VISA.
    It is true that the ACAI company sent me a bottle of pills to try. I am sending them back.
    I want that charge removed.
    I wonder about fraudulant charges. There was no mention of the charge for the vitamin suppliment.
    It looked as if they were saying try this, if you like it because it works, we will deal with it.

• Ha
      26th of Feb, 2009

I too have also been charged without my knowledge. I am in contact with their costumer service dept. to dispute this charge.

• Nm
      26th of Feb, 2009

I too was charged with out my knowledge. this is just another way for these companies to make a few dollars off of people who are already scrapping by. If anyone can get me the # for customer service to this company I would greatly appreciate it.

26th of Feb, 2009

My name is Sandy O. and I too have an unauthorized charge of 79.96 as of February 19, 2009 on my visa. I tried calling the customer service number but they will not credit me back even if I send back the sample.

27th of Feb, 2009

Patsy, Carl, Halon, N. Megna, and Sandy,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. This membership is for your convenience and guarentees that you will get your new supply worth of Nature's Acai Berry on time each month without the hassle of calling to reorder! If you have since changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

• De
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I agree with all of the complaints. I too was charged 79.96 without my authorization. There were also charges for some "body fit" and "cost mash". All three have different phone numbers with the same customer service and they put you on hold for a really long time and no one ever answers. I have over $100.00 worth of charges on my credit card that I did not authorize. I want them removed. How can this company get away with this when people are barely getting by and can not afford such costs! My freind was going to order but after this I am sure that she won't want this to happen to her. I will be sure to let her know.

4th of Mar, 2009

I put on my card a trial sample for $4.95 there was nothing saying that there would be another charge of $79.96. I didn't authoriza this and i want it off my visa card. I have called my bank to get this taken off, but was told i would have to close off my card, and to call the campany first. I was given the 800 number but there is no answer.

• Na
      4th of Mar, 2009

This is the second time this has happened to me. No help from anyone to take off the charges and no one answers there phone to cancel any direct shipping each month. How can this company continue to take from your account each month when you do not authorize it! HELP !! Nancy R.

• Ve
      6th of Mar, 2009

I just called this number and found out some interesting information. 1-800-983-7968 it is 8:16 in NJ. I spoke to someone to I guess explained this scam to me. They said if you didn't call within 15 of your purchase you would be charged 79.96. I did not see this information anywhere when I ordered. I did get a confirmation to cancel my subscription, which I never even signed up for. So we'll see. I will keep you guys informed.

• Ta
      7th of Mar, 2009

i also put a trial sample on my card for 4.99 for 15 days on 2/16/09 i got my botle on 3/4/09 and found on 3/2/09 was charged 79.96 and for what . now they say it was on the site and i still don't see iot on there .but i do plkan to get my money some how. and come to find out we can buy the same pills at gnc for 14.95

• Ru
      9th of Mar, 2009

I was charged 79.96 for something, what I do not know. this is a big scam to get your credit card number.I called the number (800-9837968) no answer. I had to cancel my credit card . Ruth G

• Sh
      9th of Mar, 2009

I also had an unauthorized charge of 79.96 on my Master Card. I did not see anything about this before I made the purchase of $4.95. I called the toll-free number given, but gave up after 15 minutes of waiting on the phone.
    Shari

• Zs
      9th of Mar, 2009

I am livid. I was charged 79.96 as well without permission. I want my money back

11th of Mar, 2009

This is truly fleecing hard working folks! While the comany's claim is that this information is disclosed it is clear by the number of complaints that customer satisfaction is not the number 1 concern, but rather taking the money of the innocent, unassuming people and scamming them. We too were charged the 79.96 and after phoning them @ 800-983-7968 were told too bad so sad you can cancel your account but deal with it. Beware all !

• Th
      11th of Mar, 2009

They charged $ 79.96 to my account without me knowing . I've already called my credit card company and told them. In addition, I talk to phone operator with name Justin and he cancelled my account according to my request with a conformation # . Also, I asked to have my cancellation # send to my e-mail address and he did. So far so good. Ashraf

• Da
      11th of Mar, 2009

Natures-Acai.com is a ring leader of this criminal activity.
    I called in the 2nd week in february 2009 to report that Acai was making me ill. I wanted to make sure that I was not going to be charged for or have any more product shipped. NO ONE mentioned a return of the remaining product or the fact that I SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN a cancellation code. I was simply lied to and told that everything was taken care of. The lady I spoke to was sympathetic and so I was apprently duped into getting billed anyway. Then when I called back after I saw I was getting billed anyway on my MasterCard, then I was given a cancellation # that I thought was from my first call. My credit card got hit anyway, Then I found you were going to do the same thing 3 more times, once for bromolide that I knew nothing about(got cancellation #), again for Fit factory which I knew nothing of, got cancellation #, and again for cost mashers that I also knew nothing of, got cancellation #. These companies should not bear the blame alone. The US Attorney general as well as the State's Attornies General who permit this are allowing folks to be screwed on this when they should be prosecuting these companies. The various credit card companies, in my case USBC MasterCard are also to be blamed. In my case I notified HSBE PRIOR to the money being paid to Natures-Acai, even though I had insufficient credit to do this. Then they had the audacity to charge me a $35 over limit fee.
    Let ME be perfectly clear on this: If I do not receive a full refund of the $85.91 to my Platinum MasterCard with HSBC, I WILL do the following: I will turn all of the associated information and your unbusinesslike practices to the attorney general. I will report this as a scam to every spot on the web because of your unbusinesslike practices and I will blog this into the ground. I am tired of being lied to and ripped off. Finally I am prepared to sue for damages because the acai made me sick as a dog. I hate to be so abrupt but your people and your ripoff-by-design practices will be exposed. When you say free sample you MUST mean FREE. Finally to call their alleged Customer Service, they put you on hold for sometimes as much as a half hour. Then when I finally talk to them they act like they can't hear me and hang up or simply hang up. My phone is in PERFECT order. This is all part of the scam.
    I suggest that everyone who is caught up in one of these scams, particularly Natures-acai.com, does the same thing.

23rd of Mar, 2009

I am also upset about the money taken from my account. I did agree to $4.99 but January 79.99 was removed February $ 84.95 was removed. I didn't agree to this and I want the money put back into my account. I have the vitamins and will return them if you send a label.

Connie
    Council Bluffs, IA 51501

23rd of Mar, 2009

I knew I was going to have to pay $4.95 but 79.95 was removed in January and $84.95 from February..
    I want my money put back into my account. Who has that kind of money to buy vitamins at this price. I'm not interested in the product any more and I will return it unopened.