www.NATURES-ACAI.COM / Was charged for items never received. Was advertised as free sample. Charged $198.77 for alleged diet products.

My credit card was charged by WWW.NATURES-ACAI.COM RENO NV for an alleged free sample for a diet product that was not received, and then additional charges were made against the credit card, all of which total $198.77 between February 19-March 6, 2009. when the credit card statement came in, the following company names also appeared, which upon further investigatin by me, revealed that they are the same "company", but none of them are actually located in Nevada...they are in the Philippines!

The other names they use are: WWWSELFHELPFFC00 OF 00; [protected] NV (and) WWWCOSTSMASHCO00 OF 00; [protected] NV.

They try to tell you that you asked for the products on-line and then failed to notify them, as per your "contract", that you did not desire monthly (and then some) auto shipments.

I have disputed the charges on my credit card and have told the company (in the Philippines) that I will pursue legal action if they do not cease charging my card, and should immediately remove any account information they have on file for me or my household.

I was given three separate confirmation codes for the alleged cancellation.

I plan to monitor his VERY closely.

Be WARNED---ths is indeed a scam. Look for these company names on your credit card statements whether you've asked for a free sample or not. I believe this is a credit card "phishing" expedition.

N  14th of Mar, 2009 by
The exact same thing happened to me. I tried to cancel for 2 months with no success and finally I got them on the phone and got the 3 codes you are talking about. Also going to monitor it very closely. So far they have stolen
$231.72 from me.
N  3rd of Apr, 2009 by
I too was a fool to think I could just order a trial sample, I didn't order from this company though I ordered from 2 others and my information was given to this company. After recieving my trial products I was charged $149.00 and $15.00 from one company and then $39.95 from the other. I called both companies and told them they were GOING to refund my money. My bank was awesome and gave me back my overdraft fees and then suggested I cancel my checkcard that I used to pay for what I thought was going to be for shipping only! The day I canceled my card I was on the phone with the bank going through the process and had my account up online and noticed a charge of $19.95 from a company that I never ordered from! Turns out it was WWWSELFHELPFFC00 which led me to this article. I just got off the phone with them and within 3-5 business days I should recieve my money back in my account. So far everyone has come through with crediting back the charges. I don't know how easy it would be but maybe the credit card company can cancel that card that was used and issue another one with a different account number.
Oh and the company that charged me $149 and $15 wanted to charge me $30 in restocking fees!
I have soooo lerned my lesson and will NEVER do this again!!