www.NATURES-ACAI.COM / acai berry vitamin

1 Centralia, WA, United States Review updated:

This company charged my account before I ever received the product. I can't take it for medical reasons which I explained to them and they would not remove the charges on my account. Rude customer service and employees that don't speak clear english, what's up with that?

Pe

Comments

• Se
      22nd of Feb, 2009

I have the same issue. They offer a free trial for $4.99 shipping charge only. The company then proceeded to charge my account for almost $80.00 without my authorization. This is illegal

I tried the product and I do not like it. It made me dizzy and I am experiencing shortness of breath

• Co
      22nd of Feb, 2009

Peggy and Seeta,

On Behalf of Nature's Best Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. If this is not the case, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). I would like to further apologize for any issues you may have had during your cancelation process. Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any continuing issues. Thank you and have a great day!

23rd of Feb, 2009

This company did the same to me. I ordered the $4.99 trial size. I charged it on my credit card and the company took upon it's self to charge my account $79.00. I called my credit card company and they are going to investigate. Then I found the number you have above and called and they said I agreed to a membership. I told them that you are ripping people off. I did not want any membership. They have it in the agreement part that people usually just say yes too, pretty tricky. I told them how wrong this is to do to people and how would you like it if it were you. They did not want to refund my money until I told them my credit card company is doing an investigation. They gave me 3 separate confirmation numbers to cancel then a confirmation number for the refund. So I hope this helps some one else get their refund.

23rd of Feb, 2009

You should refer this to the attorney general.

23rd of Feb, 2009

I was in the process of ordering when I realised that this was one of the "rip" off method whereby they will charge your credit card even before the product is sent so I DID NOT click submit but guess what...they had already deducted the amount from my debit card.!!!

Sharona,
    Our experience with this company cold be a carbon copy! This company takes advantage of people with their fine print. I ordered on 2/1/2009. My invoice says they processed it on 2/2/09. I received on 2/6/09. Canceled on 2/18/09 and was charged $76.96 on 2/19/09. I had the same 3 cancel confirmations and thought that was the end of it. I really didn't feel the company has that good of a product. Let's face it, if they did, they could offer a 30 day trial and wouldn't be trying to scam people with the confusing fine print. I agree, the customer service gals are extremely hard to understand and uncooperative. I called my credit card company and they said there has been SO MANY complaints and disputes filed that they said they would just handle it immediately while I waited on the phone. He took all my info. and went to their site and came back with, I didn't cancel within the 14 days. I said I had from the date I received it in the mail. He said it is from the time they process. WOW!! SO isn't that saying something! They can't even give you the full 14 days to cancel, won't even give that bit of leway! Seems pretty sneaking and shady to me. So many complaints out there on the internet. Visit Rip-Off.com. To add injury to insult, my WELLS FARGO bank didn't even stand up for me after all the years I've been with them and never having filed a complaint before. Maybe it's time for a new credit card. Keep complaining people. This company should go down! And to think they endorse their product with Oprah's name. Ought to be ashamed of their little scamming selves!

• Ci
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I had the same experience as the others...ordered their trial offer at $4.99 and was charged $79.96. I called to complain and got the same 15 day trial speech as well as the "terms are posted" speech. I informed customer service that they would cancel my membership (that I never agreed to) and refund me the $79.96. After I got forceful I was given a cancellation number for my refund and three (3) cancellation numbers for the recurring membership. It is supposed to take 3-5 days to receive the refund...I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

• Ge
      24th of Feb, 2009

Yep, they did it to me also. Bought a trial sample and they slammed me with a 79 hidden monthly charge.

• Mi
      25th of Feb, 2009

Hey guys I purchased my free sample on 2/18/09 and still have not recieved it. I am blow away by these complaints. Please help me! What do I do? How do I keep from them charging my account that $76????

25th of Feb, 2009

I purchased the product as a trial basis only because there was only shipping charge. I never received the product and I got slammed with a charge of $79.96. I told the lady how I can have 14 day trial period if I never received the product to try, I ask to speak to her manger and she put her manager on the phone that was polite. I told the lady that I didn't receive the product to try and that I wanted the charge take off my credit card. Said she was authorized and I told her that I was looking at a website that shows that they do refund money to dissatisfied customer, so I got a confirmation number for the credit that should hit my account in a couple of day. I am going to call my bank and have them block any charges that come from this company or any other.
    I went to the BBB to put in a complaint about Nature ACAI and there are a list of complaints form other people, I wish that I had check out the BBB website first.

• Mt
      25th of Feb, 2009

I had the same situation as most everyone else. I had requested an "introductory sample" for $4.99 and then I found a $79.96 charge and called customer service and spoke to Amy of customer service. She informed me that not only did I supposedly agree to pay $79.96 a month but I also signed up for two other programs that have a 21 day cancellation policy. Had I not called to cancel the Natures Acai I would have been charged for the two other unknown programs. This company is ripping unsuspecting people off. Amy indicated that the unauthorized $79.96 charge would be returned and provided me with confirmation numbers for the return of the $79.96 and to verify the cancelation the other two services .

• To
      25th of Feb, 2009

WE WERE NOT ONLY CHARGED 79.96, BUT ALSO 78.84 FROM PUREBODYCLEA(THAT'S WHAT SHOWED UP ON MY ACCOUNT) AND 29.95 FROM LIFSTYLEFIT. COM AND THE SHIPPING FEE. WHAT A RIP. THEY TOLD MY HUSBAND IT WAS IN THE FINE PRINT. HE COULDN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THEM ENOUGH TO FIND OUT WHAT THESE CHARGES WERE FOR. TALK ABOUT POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Ly
      25th of Feb, 2009

Well, I have had the same problem. 1st they hit my account with 34.95 after the 4.99 2x then friday they hit my account with 69.95 and 79.96. To cancel the 69.95 that was easy, but the 79.96 from the above company was like pulling teeth. I was reading these complaints when I was on the phone with them this is were I got the phone number. The number that shows on my statement is missing a number so it isn't complaint. Thank god for this website or I would of been out of 79.96. They gave me a confirmation cancellation so I am going to wait and see what happens.

27th of Feb, 2009

Just like all you, I was cheated too. All I can say is, if there's a number then there's a place or a name. So, for you (Nature's Best Acai Berry) that make your living off of Cheating good, honest and hard working people (DIRTY, NASTYA$$, BASTERS!!! ) I'll be seeing your sorry a$$e$ real soon.

PS, And as you said, Thank you, and Have a Great Day:)

• La
      27th of Feb, 2009

File charges... unless Consumers file charges... it's the best you can do and get your money back!
    Federal Trade Commission and Attorney Generals office in whatever State you got the product

• La
      27th of Feb, 2009

found this on this website and it's just part of it:

Two dietary supplement marketers that lured consumers on the Internet with allegedly deceptive weight-loss claims and bogus "free" sample offers, and then debited their bank accounts or charged their credit cards for continuing shipments without their consent, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated federal law. With the increase in Internet marketing, the FTC staff has issued a report providing guidance for marketers to help them avoid deception in making online "negative option" offers. (With negative option marketing, a company takes a consumer's silence or failure to cancel as acceptance of the offer and permission to bill them.)

• Be
      4th of Mar, 2009

This company charged my account before I tried the product. Not a good company to deal with.

• Be
      9th of Mar, 2009

I ordered the one month for shipping and handling of $4.99 on 2/19 which I did receive. All it did for me was make me nervous due to the added caffeine. On 3/6 Natures Acai Berry debited my checking account $79.96. I called the bank to have disputed. I never authorized and as of 3/9 have not received another bottle. I also had to cancel my debit card because the bank said they could debit me again next month. You may have to do the same thing or else be prepared for another debit next month. I have been trying to contact them by phone 800.983.7962 and all I get is a recording. I am going to contact Federal trade commisson, whoever else I have, I think I'll forward to Oprah's people since they used her name maye she can get them to do right by us. Beverly

• Ju
      10th of Mar, 2009

this happened to me too..

natures acai.. i sent for the 5.99 free trial.. i was charged on the third of march 79.99 and then also for 29.99 for lifestylefit.com.. i never asked for any of these and have never received any of this. I have no idea about what to do. I have the phone number that i found from this site and will call this in the morning.

• Tr
      15th of Mar, 2009

they strike again
    Yesterday I went to take money out of my debit account to find missing $80.00. I checked with the bank about the transaction and they gave the website of www.natures.acai.com. and the phone number of 1-800-983-7968. As soon as I saw the website name I knew what it was. What a mistake on my part. I called immediately and told them I would be returning for a full refund. The man on the phone did not want to give me any info. However I am returning to:
    Nutraceuticals
    Attn: Amir Sanchez
    20100 South Vermont Avenue
    Torrance CA 90502

I will see how far this gets me. What a rip off. All the products is lots of caffeine.